Author Topic: Sol: A History  (Read 2210 times)

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Anyone else play this? I'm on the 3rd campaign of it... freakin 'behind enemy lines' BS is pissing me off. They always see me...
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
yeah, move to about 700 metres from the Cruiser and fly up so you can just see it on the bottom of your screen, then pump up the time compression and sit back, because it flies around in circles for a while. ..

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I was never able to beat that mission... I finally had to cheat my way through it.

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Mefustae: yeah, I've done that... but when the other cruiser jumps in, it always gets me. I'm thinking now that I should try and fly around the first cruiser, so the second one doesn't see me... did that work?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
i just stayed bloody high over the first cruiser, literally right above it, often i'd get the "you're getting too close" warning over a dozen times each try because i couldn't actually see it, i had to just keep looking at the distance meter and try to set my course to match it. As long as you stay up there, you shouldn't have a problem, at least, i didn't...

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
If your joystick has a tophat you could fly sideways and look off  the side of your ship. It's much easier if you maintain visual contact.
"Your efforts to interdict me have failed, papacy. Pentagon, engage propaganda drive."
"Now, Protestant scum, you will see the power of this fully armed and operational Papal Station!"

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Actually... no, it doesn't. The joystick that's plugged in out there isn't even USB, it's just an old Saitek 2 button 2 axis... I have a decent USB joystick in my room, but it's too much of a hassle to plug it in out there(the computer's all backed up against the wall and ****, and it's inside the desk... bleh). Anyway, I just skipped that mission and went on to the final campaign.

Whoever made this ought to make Inferno from the EA's perspective.

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
I have a logitech Freedom 2.0 wireless. I use my tophat to look left/right/up/back. I used to take screenshots like this until the SCP let me remove the HUD.

If you don't have a tophat you could always use the control configurations in the options menu and bind keys to look in different directions.
"Your efforts to interdict me have failed, papacy. Pentagon, engage propaganda drive."
"Now, Protestant scum, you will see the power of this fully armed and operational Papal Station!"