Author Topic: remind me again  (Read 5883 times)

Impressive.
Very nice model. I am really waiting for this mod.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagh'nagl fhtagn.
Ïa ! Ïa ! Cthulhu fhtagn ! Cthulhu fhtagn !

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by High Max
It looks a lot higher tech than the Great War era fighters. I hope its specs are a lot higher. I remember that the Mara had great speed and maneuverability and had heavy armor and sheilding and a large secondary capacity. By now, the terran and Vasudan vessels should have great specs like that instead of having certain abilities while sacrificing others.

The Apollo? It's only in cob format right now so it has no specs. It won't be in R2 either.

Terran and Vasudan ships are designed for specific things. Otherwise they would only need to produce one uber ship that has massive armour, super speeds, lots of guns and the ability to carry bombs. Flying the same ship all the time would get boring.

Shivan ships are superior to their Terran counterparts. The Gorgon and Harpy don't really have an equal and the Jotun is outclassed by the Vindhyachal. If they were on equal footing to the GTVA ships, the Shivans wouldn't be as feared as they are :)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Well, going by FS2 precendent, Terran-Vasudan fighter design is in many ways superior to Shivan design, though when it comes to pure speed and manuverablity the Shivans are still a bit ahead: it's when you start talking about capital ships that the Shivans become clearly superior.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Banshee was in R1, and was the SOC interceptor.

In R2 there are several class of fighters, and of each class there are 2 of each. The Banshee is the advanced interceptor after the Perseus Advanced.

This one is smaller and has different gun mounts to its R1 counterpart though.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Not as happy with this one as the last two. But I think it's still an improvement over the current maps.

Early version of the Banshee in game. Doing the new POF data for it now.

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
Are the ancient files add ons to R1?
Or do they require a seperate directory also?

I just downloaded R1 last night along with alot of other mods.
I'm gonna have to look around for Inferno based campaigns.
Anyone recommend some?

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Sol: A History
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
R1 includes the Ancient fleet. Nothing else is required to make missions with them.

Without the SCP patch I'd recommend Sol A History. Though with the patch it restores most of the bugs and so might not work.

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
How can the patch screw up a campaign? :confused:

Oh, and where can I find Sol: A history ??
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 09:16:26 am by 501 »

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by Grug
How can the patch will screw up a campaign? :confused:

Sol A Histoy uses modified versions of the original tables which have bugs in them. The Patch tables work fine, but SAH needs updating to use those tables.

Hmm progress....

Builds: INF Builds are broken. Last stable build was 1st March. Main FRED build is April 2004, experimental FRED build is 14th March.
No new builds can be made for quite some time.

CB Anis: Hmm I did 1.

Weapons: Not my area

Missions: I started prototyping the R2 version of R1 M14. Got it up to good framerates. But we have random wierd crashes during the first 60 seconds. I need to look into that later...
We have about 18 missions overall for chapter 1. Only a few are being worked on as only Sid has been working on them.

Ships: Done the Banshee and Lyre reskins, Optimised a few ships better, and made a few non HTL models for testing. Fixed a few bugs too.
I might try to get the ship part of the modpack finalised by next month. Excluding fixing bugs the testers find.

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
Kewl thanks for the link.
Which tables precisely?
If its just weapons and ship tables, I could probably take a look at them and fix them. Hell, I could probably try and fix the others too.
So does Sol need to be a mod of Inferno?

There's the new HT&L build of Fred that works pretty much okay.

Hmm...I remember you posting a Screen from a Cutscene you were making for inferno...is that coming along?
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Originally posted by Grug
Kewl thanks for the link.
Which tables precisely?
If its just weapons and ship tables, I could probably take a look at them and fix them. Hell, I could probably try and fix the others too.
So does Sol need to be a mod of Inferno?

There's the new HT&L build of Fred that works pretty much okay.

SAH is a mod of Inferno, that uses some of the FS-Port ships and weapons.  Some time ago, I was experiencing some crashes when attempting to play Inferno under HTL SCP builds.  Although there was one I couldn't get around, namely the GTVA freighter with too many maps for HTL, I did manage to use the debugging features of the newer FRED builds to track down most of the table and model errors.  Using this, I made a semi-patch for R1.  Woo and company expanded on what I had done, including remapped and up-polied versions of come ships.  The patch was in develloppment for some time, but was released a few months ago.  It would take someone to go through both the Patch tables and the tables included in SAH, then finding the entries in the latter than need to be changed, and copying the entries from the Patched tables.  I'd suggest anyone doing this co-ordinate with Blaise, since he may have changed some of the table specs of Inferno ships included to suit his ballance needs.

As for newer FRED versions, it should be noted that the Inferno builds include augmented limitations on the number of entries.  While this allows for more ships, it disallows multi-player capabilities, which is why this change hasn't been implimented in mainstream builds.  There are likely other customisations of INF builds, but I am not familiar with them.  R1 was intended to function with Retail originally, so mainstream builds should work with it, but R2 uses the augmented limits, so it requires the specialized builds.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
Mmmk.

I've started playing through the Inferno campaign now.
I must say that the story is quite intriguing! :D

Sat there reading everything in the tech database first, was a good read. :yes:

It is a bit of a hit, going from high poly models back to low poly ships. But thankfully the quality of everything else washes over this minor irritance.
Can't wait to reach the end of the campaign! Top job so far. :D

I hungrily await the SCP release. :)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I'm guessing he means the 'true' SCP release :)

Originally posted by Woomeister
http://www.woomeister.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/demofix1.zip

So I see you are also on Britain's best ISP by far :D

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP