Author Topic: In-Game Speaking In SCP?  (Read 1874 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
In-Game Speaking In SCP?
like what FS1 multiplayer has, but FS2 doesn't. would it be possible to implement that in scp?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Re: In-Game Speaking In SCP?
Originally posted by Cobra
like what FS1 multiplayer has, but FS2 doesn't. would it be possible to implement that in scp?

Use the launcher, hit the speech tab and check the boxes you want for speech(tech room, briefings and in-game):D

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
In-Game Speaking In SCP?
I could be wrong about this (having never used mutli-player myself), but I think Cobra was referring to an ability to converse with your fellow players in-game, in voice rather than text.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
In-Game Speaking In SCP?
I'm pretty sure FS2 has that too. :wtf:
-C

In-Game Speaking In SCP?
There is an option for it, in the multi options thingy, but I've never seen it working, though.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
In-Game Speaking In SCP?
It does work, I've used it/seen it used. You can voice-chat in-game with FS2.

Offline AqueousShadow

• Devil
  • Imperial Highway
In-Game Speaking In SCP?
If all else fails, use TeamSpeak.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
In-Game Speaking In SCP?
teamspeak ****s up fs2 when you hit the pause. you hit pause, and you're stuck that way until you do a hard shutdown.

also, i was referring to 'in-flight' voice-chat, rather than in-briefing, etc. chat. lol, sorry, couldn't word it the right way at the time. :nervous:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline wolfdog

In-Game Speaking In SCP?
it is there, really.... but... the instant you use it, other players will start yelling at you for destroying their speakers and ears...

For great justice.

Offline AqueousShadow

• Devil
  • Imperial Highway
In-Game Speaking In SCP?
Uhh....pause button? :wtf:

If you're talking about hitting the button so you can speak...ya know, you can map the "speak" button to any key you want, and I use the middle mouse button. I dunno what you're trying to do.