Author Topic: I think I broke the Speed Limit...  (Read 7389 times)

Offline Reptile

I think I broke the Speed Limit...

Originally posted by jonskowitz:
Shhh...
We're not supposed to notice that...

How they expected to sneak that one by us I don't know since they made such a big deal about Warp 10 being infinitely fast.

Maybe by that time they came up with a new scale... warp 6 in Kirk's era is slower that warp 6 in TNG era..

as for speeds... the best and most canon facts for star trek I found to be at http://www.ditl.com  

------------------
"It's nearly impossible to defend against an assassin who's willing to die for his cause."
"Agreed. There's only one way to deal with terrorists... locate their base of operations... and destroy them."
"I love that answer, Captain Hunt." Tyr Anazasi to Dylan Hunt-Andromeda
"It's nearly impossible to defend against an assassin who's willing to die for his cause."
"Agreed. There's only one way to deal with terrorists... locate their base of operations... and destroy them."
"I love that answer, Captain Hunt." Tyr Anazasi to Dylan Hunt-Andromeda

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

Originally posted by Reptile:
...the best and most canon facts for star trek I found to be at http://www.ditl.com

Yep - you gotta love that bit (actually quite a lot more then just a "bit"...) of Trek meets Wars fiction.  

------------------
America, stand assured that Israel truly understands what you are going through.

"He who laughs last thinks slowest."
"Just becase you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
"To err is human; to really screw up you need a computer."
Creator of the Sandvich Bar, the CapShip Turret Upgrade, the Complete FS2 Ship List and the System Backgrounds List (all available from the site)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Vertigo1

• 'Scaper

Originally posted by Akrovah:
Yes, but isn't Star Trek great with its little inconsistancies, after all, in the final episope of TNG, they are doing regualr travel at Warps 15 and 16.

Warp 13.

btw, all they did was just change the warp scale.  After all, its easier to just say Warp 13 than to say Warp 9.9999999875.

------------------
"You know you've played Freespace too much when you're driving along trying to use countermeasures to shake off pursuing highway police." - Top Gun

"Oh and Kazan - you have some nice rocks" - Thunder

Material Defender Studios
Gargoyles, Season 1.  Buy it, or DIE! :)

"Professor! This ship is capable of traveling 90 percent the speed of light! Why are we only doing 35 miles an hour!" - Leela
"Because we're in a hurry!" - Professor

"from a purely stastical standpoint japanese men DO have smaller penii on average" - Kazan

Offline Akrovah

Yea, i suppose that saying 13 instead of 9.9999999999999999 would be alot better.
Bobby (Akrovah) Hovorka
    [email protected]  
    "The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shap of that future, or where it will take us. We only know, that it is always born in pain." -- G'Quon - Babylon 5

So Many Numbers!