Author Topic: The Disciples of the Profane  (Read 16630 times)

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
The Disciples of the Profane
Originally posted by Ace

No you don't :p

Yes I do. Unless you mean what they're shooting at.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Originally posted by High Max
Maybe that blocked directive message is supposed to say "defend the GTA Euminadies" and the other might say "The Euminadies Meson core is at 200%".

You should note that there are two Golgotha class warships in the screenshot, and that the Eumenedes is the AWACS.

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Why does it say in the directives you need to defend THE GTD Golgotha, when there are two of her sisterships hanging around?
Either Golgothas are banging each other, or they are trying to protect THE Golgotha from something truly horrific.
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Anaz

or the player is assigned to the GTD Golgotha, and not one of the other ones :p
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

Offline Fragrag

Is it a new killer buoy the Shivans designed?
"On this day...my pants are filled....with joy" -Singh, doing the pants game
My blog, with 'gorillarape' in the url, who wouldn't visit it?!

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Originally posted by Prophet
Why does it say in the directives you need to defend THE GTD Golgotha, when there are two of her sisterships hanging around?
Either Golgothas are banging each other, or they are trying to protect THE Golgotha from something truly horrific.

Typically, the very first ship of it's class produced is named after the class. So the GTD Golgotha would be the first Golgotha produced. Just as the GTD Orion would be the first Orion class made. (Or from what I've read, atleast)
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
This mission probably takes place after the player gets to decided which side to choose.

I will say yes to this one.

Is it a new killer buoy the Shivans designed?

Why would two Golgotha class destroyers be deployed against a Shivan comm node when there are no Shivans in BWO?
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Because the Shivans snuck into BWO through the Ikeya node.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
The Objective Roster obviously houses an unknown objective, likely to destroy the Shivan Ship behind the player; and below that, a "Protect GTD ******", as in, protect the second Golgotha Class Destroyer. Moreover, the blanked out words in the speech at the top of the screen are, in my opinion, just blurred to make it look more mysterious. It probably just says; "...*Name of Unknown Golgotha Destroyer*: Admiral, the Supercharged (or just insert tech-talk here) Meson Reactor is at 200%...

...Regarding the Shivan-like Capital Ship in the roster on the side is definitely of Juggernaut Class, as you can see the 'J', even with the Blur. Outwardly, it could be a Sathanas, but the name looks a little short for that, so - coupled with the secrecy shrouding this Shivan Craft, another class of a Shivan Uber Ship...? Well, that would be a good answer, if there actually were Shivans in BWO (or is it an elaborate lie? :p). So, definitely another class of ship, almost definitely a 'J' or Juggernaut designation, and it kinda looks like a 'P' there too, so it could be 'PJ ******' (Yes, the Gigantic Pyjamas of Doom!). Past that, i've no idea in hell what it could be...

...Also, it wouldn't surprise me if the ship you're flying is a Terran Mara, the little avatar down the bottom looks a bit like it, and you have Duel Kaysers (although not really surprising if you're given the choice) which is standard on Maras...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 10:06:59 pm by 2686 »

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Originally posted by Raa
Typically, the very first ship of it's class produced is named after the class. So the GTD Golgotha would be the first Golgotha produced. Just as the GTD Orion would be the first Orion class made. (Or from what I've read, atleast)

Thats not what I meant you know.
You need to learn to think like Terrans :P
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
's hard to think backwards, though :p
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Originally posted by Mefustae
The Objective Roster obviously houses an unknown objective, likely to destroy the Shivan Ship behind the player; and below that, a "Protect GTD ******", as in, protect the second Golgotha Class Destroyer. Moreover, the blanked out words in the speech at the top of the screen are, in my opinion, just blurred to make it look more mysterious. It probably just says; "...*Name of Unknown Golgotha Destroyer*: Admiral, the Supercharged (or just insert tech-talk here) Meson Reactor is at 200%...

...Regarding the Shivan-like Capital Ship in the roster on the side is definitely of Juggernaut Class, as you can see the 'J', even with the Blur. Outwardly, it could be a Sathanas, but the name looks a little short for that, so - coupled with the secrecy shrouding this Shivan Craft, another class of a Shivan Uber Ship...? Well, that would be a good answer, if there actually were Shivans in BWO (or is it an elaborate lie? :p). So, definitely another class of ship, almost definitely a 'J' or Juggernaut designation, and it kinda looks like a 'P' there too, so it could be 'PJ ******' (Yes, the Gigantic Pyjamas of Doom!). Past that, i've no idea in hell what it could be...

...Also, it wouldn't surprise me if the ship you're flying is a Terran Mara, the little avatar down the bottom looks a bit like it, and you have Duel Kaysers (although not really surprising if you're given the choice) which is standard on Maras...

Oooooo you really want BWO to deal with Shivans, eh? :p

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
who doesn't?? :D
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Originally posted by BlackDove

Oooooo you really want BWO to deal with Shivans, eh? :p

Actually, it's a not-so-subtle hint that we want Twilight back...

Well, that among other things. But anyways, the possiblity to work them into the story does exist, so some of us have difficulty believing they won't make some appearance.

A Feddie Story

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
Twilight has been worked into the campaign here and there. You'll find out what happened to Talstavi, Soyavo, "The Babel Device," etc.

However, there are no Shivans in BWO.

I will say though that Section 3 of the GTVI may have some Mara class fighters left over from the Russik Incident. (Warzone)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 06:21:15 pm by 72 »
Ace
-Alfred Hitchcock

*sigh* The Golgotha's not unique anymore :(

And...err...Twilight?
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
Welcome to last year Jetmech:
Ace
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
The shield arcs line up perfectly for a Mara's shield Icon.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Originally posted by Ace
Welcome to last year Jetmech:

What does a big red X have to do with last year?
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Umm...it's not a red x?

A Feddie Story