Author Topic: Trouble With Mission "Loose Ends"  (Read 1872 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Trouble With Mission "Loose Ends"
I finish all the primary objectives, but i can't end the mission.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
No surrender, no retreat.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
pfff

Spoiler:
i have to DISABLE it? wtf?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline ronin

I have the same problem. Disabling the Medusa before destroying it didn't solve it.

Anyone know what triggers the Medusa jumping in? I usually head straight for Eris, and the Medusa jumps in around the time and location she's destroyed, but a few times it didn't but then jumped in 5-10 minutes later.

Maybe I'll try playing with the debug core, that solved my last showstopping problem with the campaign...

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
From the main R3.2 release thread

Originally posted by karajorma
The only way out of the mission is to form up with the EAS Hood after it arrives.

The Hood arrives when the area is considered secure.

The area is considered secure once you've killed all the enemy fighters including the ones released by the raider carrier after you disabled it.

Except that if you didn't disable it, it won't have launched the fighters, so the Hood won't appear and you'll sit there like a lemon waiting for the mission to end.

In similar fashion if you manage to destroy the Medusa before disabling it you'll get the same error.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
I'm still trying to figure out how so many people are mananging to destroy the Raider Carrier without disabling it. It's only there a few seconds! Well assuming you do disable the Medusa before destroying it the mission will end 9 times out of 10. 1 time out of 10 it will still sit there like a lemon. I spent so long looking at the mission trying to find that particular problem my eyes went funny.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I thought I explained that one on the other thread too. If you blow up the raider carrier within 5 seconds of disabling it then copper wing still doesn't get launched and the game still sits about waiting for it to be destroyed.

Changing the trigger for Secure to

when
-and
--destroyed-or-departed-delay
--Eris
--RC Medusa
--gold
--silver
--bronze

- =
--captured(0)
-or
--and
---has-arrived-delay
----copper
---is-destroyed-delay
----copper
--not
---has-arrived-delay
----copper

should solve all the warp out problems in this mission but be warned that there is a similar problem with one of the other missions. I reported it on the main 3.2 release thread.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Oh I see. Sorry I didn't grasp that particular subtlety last time. Yes I see it now. So essentially you have to disable the Carrier, wait for the Zephyrs to launch, then destroy everyone ;).
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Yep. The mission where you assualt the raider base is the one that also suffers from the same problem. It's possible to take out the raider battlewagon before it can launch its fighters.