Author Topic: Size matters  (Read 20481 times)

Wait, the Math Wiz didn't know the number of meters the Sathanas was? But....you're supposed to be......the Math Wiz.....spartan thinks that the admins need to change his title

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

lol. Well then my sizes are off scale then. That means the Sath will be as long as the others, but still bigger and still stronger :rolleyes:. Sliced heavy cruisers anyone?
I have created a masterpiece.

Offline wtf_cl0vvn

• Kiubo.
It's high enough to command a squadron

Squadron ought to be run by a Commander.

I think they make an exception for Alpha 1 given his proven ability.

if you run right you can get command of a squadron as an LT. I think

I am Lieutenant Loukakis, squadron leader of the 53rd Hammerheads.
I'm Lieutenant Samsa, squadron leader.
Lieutenant Commander Cordova here. Welcome to the 242nd Suicide Kings, pilot.

I thought Loukakis was Capt. Loukakis.  :confused:
This book is a mirror. When a monkey looks in, no apostle looks out. -Lichtenberg

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I thought Loukakis was Capt. Loukakis.  :confused:

He was both, actually. :) He got promoted after you went through training. ;)

Offline wtf_cl0vvn

• Kiubo.
From Lt. to Captain??? what'd he do, take out a wing of Seraphims with ML-16s?
This book is a mirror. When a monkey looks in, no apostle looks out. -Lichtenberg

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
No... that was Alpha 1

Offline wtf_cl0vvn

• Kiubo.
Nah. Alpha 1 took out the Lucy with the ML16s.

My guess about Loukakis being captain and all, and the ranks...

Since, the 242nd, the 53rd, the 64th, and the 107th (and later the 70th) are all based on the Aquitaine, is it too much of a stretch to say that the fighter/bombers are organized into Groups (or whatever) based on each destroyer?

And they have one squadron (my guess the 53rd, due to its multi-role [space superiority] designation, and its history) sort of be the lead squadron, and the commander of that squadron is sort of the Group Leader. (or whatever you want to call him).

Since the 64th's leader is a Cmdr.[beckett], i guess the 64th is the senior/lead bomber squadron, and lets say the 242nd and some other squadron are the second in commands (Lt. Cmdr Cordova, maybe the 134th, with Lt. Cmdr. Vincey?), etc....

I guess the more multirole squadrons (53rd being space sup., 242nd being interceptor that doubles as surgical strike, light strike/assault and 134th being able to back them up with whatever) would be the more senior, while specialized squadrons are the less priority ones (the 107th being heavy assault, Lt. Samsa, etc.)

[dont know about the vasudan organization...they dont even say what the 203rd is designated as. and he is a cmdr, IIRC]

Maybe?

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft

Don't you mean Circes and TAGs?

[dont know about the vasudan organization...they dont even say what the 203rd is designated as. and he is a cmdr, IIRC]

IIRC, Vasudan units are number only. Only elite units get actual names. I'm actually not sure if that's entirely cannon.

Yeah I think that was twisted infinities..... I think. Cool idea though.
Watch out for the Guns! They'll getcha!

Offline Vip

My guess about Loukakis being captain and all, and the ranks...

Since, the 242nd, the 53rd, the 64th, and the 107th (and later the 70th) are all based on the Aquitaine, is it too much of a stretch to say that the fighter/bombers are organized into Groups (or whatever) based on each destroyer?

And they have one squadron (my guess the 53rd, due to its multi-role [space superiority] designation, and its history) sort of be the lead squadron, and the commander of that squadron is sort of the Group Leader. (or whatever you want to call him).

Since the 64th's leader is a Cmdr.[beckett], i guess the 64th is the senior/lead bomber squadron, and lets say the 242nd and some other squadron are the second in commands (Lt. Cmdr Cordova, maybe the 134th, with Lt. Cmdr. Vincey?), etc....

I guess the more multirole squadrons (53rd being space sup., 242nd being interceptor that doubles as surgical strike, light strike/assault and 134th being able to back them up with whatever) would be the more senior, while specialized squadrons are the less priority ones (the 107th being heavy assault, Lt. Samsa, etc.)

Maybe?

Interesting theory, but think logically ?? Why would they need a command squadron really ? As seen later in the campaign, when Alpha 1 gets his own squadron, it's Admiral Petrarch who gives the orders to the squadron leaders. If Loukakis/anybody would be a group leader, wouldn't he give orders to you ??

Ah, and Vincey from Baracudas was CMDR:
Welcome to the 134th Barracudas, pilot. I'm Commander Vincey, your squadron leader.

And about Vasudans - the name of the squadron was never mentioned in the game itself, but we know that their squadron patch was a scorpion tail, and knowing how it went in the  other squadrons (107th Ravens - a raven, 134th Baracudas - a baracuda, I think, 242nd Suicide Kings - a king card, 70th Blue Lions - a blue lion), then we can assume that the squadron name was somehow connected to Scorpions. The FSWiki, though not canon, states it's 203rd Scorpions. That makes sense, at least for me.
Lieutenant Commander Richard "Viper" Pred

Don't you mean Circes and TAGs?

No, that was FRED, not the Lucy.  :D
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"