Author Topic: Good engine glows  (Read 2645 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Can anyone point me to good engine glows?

I got one file but the glows there are LOOOOONG. even a ship standing stil looks like it's hitting the afterburner.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
I wouldn't mind getting some different glows myself, as mine seem to be... crooked, like the ship is turning, even when it's not!

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
They're supposed to be long. I like them much better than the normal ones, athough I guess they do look strange when a ship is standing still.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I wish they'd scale, like the thruster plumes on fighters.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
They do, they just don't scale down enough.  As for them being crooked all the time, that's actually a mantis'd bug at this point.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Well, surely there aren't the ONLY engine glows around?

There must be more out there, right?

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
I had a different pack at one time that looked real nice, but alas, i lost it!
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
The only alternate pack I know of is the Bob-LS hybrid pack.  I'm using it but I have no idea where you might find a download link for it now.

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
wasn't there one for B5? Like long ago
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
try using many small engine glows as oposed to one that fill s the area you want filled.
You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
This is shocking.
The FS2 community has only 1 engine glows available to them!

Come to think of it, there are some thing that havnt been done at all (released I mean) - like new persona ani's.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
So make new ones. :p
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Easier said than done!

Offline Roanoke

Use retail :p

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Hmmm...I could do that...

It's just I KNOW I saw some other engne glows out there (I even recall seing some new persona anis) - the question is, why are those who made them keeping them so jeloausly?
Would it kill them to release it?

Offline Kie99

Originally posted by FireCrack
I had a different pack at one time that looked real nice, but alas, i lost it!

:D

That smilie is a link, although if you notice this, I suppose you would have noticed that it was a link as well. *shrugs*[/color]
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 12:08:33 pm by 1934 »
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I think I allready have those... those are the long ones I think...

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
If shivan engine glows don't look like fireballs from behind, you're not using that pack.  That's the easiest way I can tell you to check, because the Terran ones aren't all that different from the MediaVP glows.

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Originally posted by kietotheworld

:D

That smilie is a link, although if you notice this, I suppose you would have noticed that it was a link as well. *shrugs*[/color]

too bd your post is lightly coloured... atleast for me..
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."