Author Topic: When the Darkness fall campaign  (Read 13383 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
When the Darkness fall campaign
Sounds like a team loadout error in the campaign file to me.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Cavane

Any way for me to correct that myself, then?

Offline Asprin

I restart the mission, go weapons loadout and discover that none of my wing have any weapons.

This MOD has some own DATA adjustments. Make sure that your \DATA\TABLES directory is empty, also, if you have the "HUD, INTERFACE, MODELS, MAPS, VOICES, EFFECTS" folders in the "DATA" directory clear it too. Then reinstall the MOD.

P.S. Try next: place installation file into your B5 directory and run the file. Do not change installation path, just click "INSTALL" key.

Ohh, and one more thing - Will you create new pilot before you start campaign?

Are those Vorlon Dreadnaughts I see?

Yes. Only this model is not LODed.
QuantreTech Studios

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I was going to explain and then I figured it would probably be quicker to download it and check myself :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Cavane

Alright, problem solved.  Here's what I did, in case this happens again.

1.  Removed the WDF components I'd installed.
2.  Renamed my original data file to data_1.
3.  Moved the installer into the TBP folder and installed it directly there.

Interesting, though.  When I first played it, I was getting camera rotations on the cut scenes, although they were very odd looking and skipped around, as if a very shaky hand was holding the camera.  Also, the station was absent originally.  However, now everything works fine.  Thanks for the help.

Offline Asprin

Very well. If any problems will occur, please inform about it. :)

One more thing - If you want to skip cutscene press "Pad  *" or "Pad ."
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 09:46:54 am by 1981 »
QuantreTech Studios

Offline Cavane

So, I'm fairly certain this is a user error, but I just haven't been able to get anywhere with it.  In the mission where you have to destroy the NMF bases at 4th Orbit, some very stange things happen.  First of all, after playing the mission several times, I notived that at some point, I become invulnerable.  Also, there seemed to be an infinite number of fighters that would keep appearing as long as I was destroying them.  I finally gave up at 57 kills and decided to head to the bases to see if I could take them out, since no one else seemed to be doing it.  The bombers had quickly taken out the weapons system on complex 2 and 3, but I never noticed any of my cruisers jump in.  So, at this point, the complexes are at anywhere from 98% to 100% health.  I pick one and start blasting away at it.  I empty my railgun, my missles, and am blasting away with both my light and heavy guns and it's hardly making a dent.  It took several minutes of this to reduce the health by 2 or 3 %.  Also, while I'm doing this, I'm able to ignore the bases and fighters that are just blasting the heck out of me, because I'm invulnerable.

So, like I said, this is probably a user error, but the mission parameters seemed really odd to me.  Perhaps there is something I must do to call in my cruisers?

Offline ChrisC

I had that same problem.  I finally called in the cruisers and they eliminated the bases quickly.  Just make sure the bombers have disabled the base's weapons or they'll make short work of the cruisers.  Oh and I'll try to post some full rez screenshots tomorrow.

Offline ChrisC

Alright hopefully these are the hi-rez ones:

edit-lvlshot the pictures :)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 08:14:27 pm by 1932 »

Offline ChrisC

edit- lvlshotted the pictures:)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 08:12:33 pm by 1932 »

Offline Cavane

I figured it was something like that.  How do I go about calling in the cruisers, though?

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
What are those white beams coming from the Minbari Tinashi corvettes?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline ChrisC

Cavane, you have to call for reinforcements to get the cruisers to come in the way you would any other time, pushing C for the comm menu and then 4 for reinforcements.  Psychic, the white beams are the Tinashi's main battery, I guess it's an older weapon that was replaced sometime down the road.

Offline ToecrusherHammerjaw

• Trayus no more.
Antimatter cannon, if I read the tech manual correctly.  I also seem to recall the Sharlin being armed with one too.

Offline Asprin

Antimatter cannon, if I read the tech manual correctly.

No, no, no....If you're talking about it:
What are those white beams coming from the Minbari Tinashi corvettes?

It is the long-range beams - low damage, but high distance.

Sharlin being armed with one too.

In this MOD the Sharlin is sole vessel - the flagship of the United Clans Forces (UCF). Like the GTVA Colossus in the original FS2 campaign, and it has another arms...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 04:25:50 pm by 1981 »
QuantreTech Studios

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Well, you've got the presence of the Sharlin somewhat covered, but why is there a Whitestar in one of those shots?  If this campaign takes place during the Shadow war 1000 years ago, why is one of those modern warships present?  Time travel?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Asprin

I can explain it.

MVG Grey Star is only similar to ISA White Star. It has another arms; it has smaller maneuverability and speed...

There will be another model instead of this in the "Shadows upcoming" campaign - second part of the First Ones Alliance - Shadows war.
QuantreTech Studios

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Wow you've got an answer for everything. You guys need different geometry for this "Grey Star" though since the White Star you have at the moment just looks like a... erm... White Star.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Asprin

different geometry for this "Grey Star"

It will be...:p
QuantreTech Studios