Author Topic: How would you "Describe" FreeSpace 1 and 2?  (Read 6619 times)

Offline jambo

• Lord
Re: How would you "Describe" FreeSpace 1 and 2?
The mediavps advps are about 300 mbs (not for the timid computer) :shaking:
Where would one find these advps files? :shaking:

I passed the game with both cutscenes, first time i got caught in the supernova but this time i was smart ;) I decided i'd fight near the node so when the countdown started i could get my ass outta there pronto.

Made me wonder what the shivan's were doing sitting there at the sun stupidly when they could of just came in and killed all of us without much effort. I found out didn't i? Hehehe, Command shat himself when he found out about the supernova. So did i, i was like "I'm like 10km out from the damn node and i got under a minute to get to that damn node!". Before that, thinking "HAHA SUCKERS! I'M KILLING YOUR PEOPLE AND YOU CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!"

Excellent game, i have to say best storyline in a game ever! Took me 2 days to pass ;)

Good work to Turey on the installer, top job there and good work to the creators and modders and the general community of the game!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 02:12:33 am by Freespace Damo »

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Ya, there are two endings: one; you don't make it, and you get a eulogy on how you sacrificed yourself so others could make it out, or two; you make it out.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
The mediavps advps are about 300 mbs (not for the timid computer) :shaking:
Where would one find these advps files? :shaking:

There is a checkbox in the installer marked "3.6.8 Zeta MediaVPs with 710 patches". Under that in a sub-checkbox is *checks* 3.6.8 Zeta Advanced MediaVPs with 710 patches.

You can try these Super Advanced Uber-GraphicsTM, but they will kill your comp if it is anything less than top-of-the-line. If they kill your computer you can go into (your FreeSpace Directory)/mediavps and either delete or remove completely from your FS directory the files labeled "mv_adveffects" and "mp-710_adveffects".
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline jambo

• Lord
Surely they'd work on a AMD X2 4600+ with an 8800GTS and 2GB of ram?!

EDIT: Hmmm, seems I already had it ticked when I first downloaded this a few weeks ago. If you turn the mediavps mod on, will the advanced stuff run automatically?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 08:55:23 am by jambo »

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Yep. Turning on MediaVPs just runs every file in the mediavps folder.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
You can try these Super Advanced Uber-GraphicsTM, but they will kill your comp if it is anything less than top-of-the-line. If they kill your computer you can go into (your FreeSpace Directory)/mediavps and either delete or remove completely from your FS directory the files labeled "mv_adveffects" and "mp-710_adveffects".

Nah, adveffects is not that demanding. It should run fine on most setups from the last two or three years.

How do you know if you are using them?

Would these specs be able to handle it:

AMD Athlon 64 3000 @ 2.249ghz
1024MB DDR400
300GB SATAII HDD
ATI Radeon 9800 pro 128mb

Thats the basic specs of my PC.

EDIT: I went into the Turey installer and i found that i already have them installed.

Offline Locutus of Borg

• Who counted those posts?????????????
here's how

be ready

NOT SUITABLE FOR PEOPLE UNDER THE AGE OF 700

IT'S ****ING AWESOME MOTHER ****ER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are the Borg
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own

Resistance is FUTILE