Author Topic: Cockpit view  (Read 6676 times)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
What sort of time do you think we would be looking at just to have the radar on the fury cockpit???

:eek2: You just don't get it do you  :). Seriously man I've asked for this repeatedly and I can tell you with 100% certainty that it will never happen. Just like geomod will never happen. There's just no interest in it. None. Nada. Zip..
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
Well have to try.  :(   Theres a lot of poeple out there who would love a cockpit view, its just doing something about it.  Sigma 957 wants to help, and that a start ;)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 06:51:31 am by madaboutgames »
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
What sort of time do you think we would be looking at just to have the radar on the fury cockpit???

:eek2: You just don't get it do you  :). Seriously man I've asked for this repeatedly and I can tell you with 100% certainty that it will never happen. Just like geomod will never happen. There's just no interest in it. None. Nada. Zip..

Calm, down man; and instead demanding things check the SCP archieves....or pay attention.
It's nowhere near the difficulty or the impossibility of geomod - and it *will* happen.

As is, though the coders don't want to deal with it 'cause:
It would be a lot of custom work with the current code, whereas....
....finishing the material system and implementing the 'reder to texture' function would answer all the HUD-gague onto cockpit dreams you ever dreamt of.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
 :wtf: A bit presumptuous? I haven't demanded anything. I asked politely as I always try to do. I'm also quite aware of the situation having spoken to the SCP people in person about this. Oh and please don't tell people to "pay attention". That could be seen as quite insulting. Since it's just me I'll let it slide but if you do that to anyone else you'll find yourself moderated.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
:wtf: A bit presumptuous? I haven't demanded anything. I asked politely as I always try to do. I'm also quite aware of the situation having spoken to the SCP people in person about this. Oh and please don't tell people to "pay attention". That could be seen as quite insulting. Since it's just me I'll let it slide but if you do that to anyone else you'll find yourself moderated.

I'm sorry, my post cut a lot deeper than it was meant to.

It's just that the situation isn't as hopeless AFAIK. The coders are knee high in stuff that needs to be coded and there's Real Life™ to boot.
Anyway, the AFAIK the feature itself is possible to code, though it's just not gona happen any time in the near future.

PS.: ....and in the future I better not post with my hangover as my prereader.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Let me tell you the future as I have forseen it: Should we try to persuade the coders to make us even one cockpit with radars and lights and stuff, we would need enermous amounts of milk and cookies for bribery. When the actual work finally begins everyone will be insanely exited, includin coders (thought not as exited as fans). But as the job is difficult then fans quickly (after 10 months) get tired of waiting and start whining. After 37 months, 5 project leads and constantly circulating mass of coders, the community has moved on...
They don't call me the Prophet for nothing...

Anyway...
Lets try to get just the cockpit frames working first. And leave the hud as it is... Then it is better to decide if it is feasible to move on to more advanced cockpit...

BTW. We have seen the Frazi interior so it should give some clues as to how the dasboard should look...
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
can you remeber which episode?
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Offline starfox

Forgive me for barging in, but I believe "The Revelations" from season 2 contains some nice Frazi cockpit screens...
Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
How about a Vorlon fighter cockpit?  :lol:
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
LOL, a vorlon cockpit. :lol:

How about a shadow cockpit, just one colour Black with no windows so the light cant get in :lol:
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
There were at least a couple of scenes during season 1 and/or 2 where a narn pilot did some talking... I remember the one where G'Kar flees from the  Kha'Za... sorry Za'Ha'Dum. Then there was the episode where Shadows destroy the big Narn outpost somewhere and the Centauri come to pick a fight. Then there was the ep where Sinclairs girlfriend encounters the Walkers of Sigma something and the Narns come to save her pretty ass. Could be others. None of them actually show a view out, but only the pilot and some interior...
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...