Author Topic: Updating R1  (Read 47143 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Enviroment Mapping isn't supported in OGL yet, it's best not to use it except in D3D.

Heh it's quite amusing that you have R1 in latest builds but R2 only works correctly in September builds :D

Woomeister, why R2 don't work with newer builds, I mean:

Amazing would be if Inferno R1 (SCP Patch) would be broken in newer CVS Builds, but I also have a clean FSSCP + INF R1 (SCP Patch), and it works OK, I don't catch any problem (yes, without the SCP Patch, it's totally broken).

The only CVS Changes, that I have to do with the Update I released, where with some TBMs, some symbol changes, like "=" for ":", but no others.

What's really amazing, is that I didn't broke it in the process of update (I don't and I can't test LAN and Internet Support, so........I want to believe it still work)

Q: hey, you liar Shadow0000.......

It's funny, but the 1st time, before the release of the update, yes I broke lot of things that I was supposed to update, no it's not that funny it's more like:

:confused::what I broke ?  (then...) 
:mad2: ah...Another bug, I'll find you.... (next...) 
:mad: dammit bug, If I'll known your adress you would be already dead
:shaking: (finally shaking) I promise, someday I'll find you, and I swear I'll have my revenge......

Woomeister, does it happen the same to you with R2 ?

------------------------------------------------------

$Max decals:
Defines: Maximum number of weapon decals on a ship
Implemented before FS_Open 3.6.5
Syntax: Number, of decals on ship
Default: 50 for anything below cruiser size, 100 for anything below superdestroyer/installation size, 300 for anything above destroyer size, 10 for everything else.

Even so I can't stop he bug from happening, specially at mission 13, it's not the Nemesis, it's not the Tanen and definitevely not the Asarte Debris, I don't get what generates 170 Decals so fast, it can't be fighter or bombers, so.....boggus here....., because I limited to 10 the Max Decals of both Ships, and my decals start Generating like crazy until they go to 148 or 178 and then Crash, I believe this limit was going to fix the problem, but not......

--------------------------------------------

I'll be able to to change the EA Thrusters to White in the -shp.tmb, But I really can't for 2 reasons:

A- There is no Feature to change the ThrustersGlow
B- I don't have the Primary Thruster Ani sample, the thruster01-01.pcx and thruster01-01a.pcx that are stored internally, so I can't modify them........

Another Failure (I get the 0th place in this, for the moment)

"generate icon" generate the HUD Icons for Ancients/Iblis/Diablo, another thing that it didn't really work.

Ultra Alpha effect (it's really incompleted), I shouldn't be posting this here really, because it looks pretty bad, at least it's not what I really was trying to do it's near, but it's not exact (Video, AVI, 2,16 MB, Time: a few minutes, even less)

http://www.fileh.com/Shadow00000/PlasmaBeams.avi

F.A.Q (read before start complaining):

Enconded using X-Vid v1.1.0 Beta 2, last version is v1.1.0 Final, at (www.xvid.org), download it at the official page. Also comes with newer versions of K-Lite Codec Pack, v2.67 is the lastest, at (http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm)

Yes, I know, it's beam it not perfectly centered, the Beam Glow should be some meters forward, the Video is totally de-coloured (because of the quality), and finally there is no sound, and finally it's so big that it covers half of the Warlock and the other half, just, hope you're not there in that half.........(anything else, as I say, it Ultra Alpha Prototype, but I can't post an Image, the effect is only appreciated in movement...), this beam should be a able to attack perfectly forward and have both a radius warmup warmdown, FireWait and LifeTime really High, otherwise.......it would be pointless, you should already know this, but the thing is, "if you step in front of a Gigas, you're totally fried".
I use 2 torrents to envelop the Main Beam, but it could be one in a single way....(more like a drill). Aside from that The 1st and 2nd torrent Intersection should be inverted, for example 1st is left Beam in front and the 2nd is right Beam in Front, going front and backwards, simulating the 3D Beam at some point.....
Um....it's the Plasma Beam, but where I see it, I don't really remember, a lot of things comes to be via Anime and via game. Maybe Armored Core (Game), yes I remember Plasma was a lot more innestable than Laser Beams, but it's also more powerfull, but Plasma as always is an Energy Eater. Also it's the Drake Slave Beam from Slayers (Anime Series, and some games).
Now with this I can make those multi-colour rotating beams, where I see it?, a yes G-Darius, I should post a photo of that game (later).

Um...actually the Rotating Beam should be making a increasing energy in the RedBeamGlow that should be increasing in Size in the front of Gigas, like a Charge, and then URed or an UBFRed fires vanishing everything in it's path. But this is really hard, especially since there are........explain later, this post will be too large

I'll try to explain this later, but the Sathanas Subpace Rift isn't really suited to destroy anything as we see in the Sathanas FMV, it doesn't do "damage"...but for a Planet/Star Destroyer it's really OK...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 12:24:01 am by Shadow0000 »

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
I'll be able to to change the EA Thrusters to White in the -shp.tmb, But I really can't for 2 reasons:

A- There is no Feature to change the ThrustersGlow
B- I don't have the Primary Thruster Ani sample, the thruster01-01.pcx and thruster01-01a.pcx that are stored internally, so I can't modify them........
Primary ani is the same as the retail thruster effect. In most recent builds place <none> to species_defs.tbl if you want ot use only the SCP thrusters (should fix those retail thruster appeareance probs). In ships.tbl there are fields for Thruster Effects. And from what i understand the Thruster bitmap 1: is the same as ThrustGlows in species_defs.tbl so setting different Thrusterglow is relatively straightforward but the change of the 'retail-like' thrust ani is bit harder to do. See more info from this thread.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Woomeister, why R2 don't work with newer builds, I mean:

Amazing would be if Inferno R1 (SCP Patch) would be broken in newer CVS Builds, but I also have a clean FSSCP + INF R1 (SCP Patch), and it works OK, I don't catch any problem (yes, without the SCP Patch, it's totally broken).

Because in DEC builds it crashes once you try to load a mission. Though the latest JAN build only constantly crashes with mission 2, though the debug build won't load any mission. I get this message using a debug build:

This is supposed to signify a memory overwrite error or something on those lines. This doesn't happen with my last Direct sound CVS build in September so we're using that build for now. Of course the species_defs won't work in newer builds and our difficulty table is replaced by the new ai_profiles table, so the mod won't work on recent cvs builds.

What i couldn´t see were the fighter shockwaves. But that´s not an inferno problem. It´s something with the newer scp-builds. I´ve tried several times till i found the solution.
All you have to do is to specify the shockwave count. So it looks like this:

$Name: GTF Cyone
           +nocreate
$Shockwave Speed: 85.0
$Shockwave Count: 1
$Shockwave Model:  f_shockwave.pof

That´s courious, because before you only had to set the shockwave speed and the system automatically produces one shockwave. You only had to enter the shockwave count if you wanted to see more than one shockwave.
Now i have to edit every mod-ship tbl or tbm by hand  :rolleyes:

Psychonaut:

Thanks, that must be the solution:

A- Missiles f_shockwaves works OK, I see in the Shocker and others without the Shockwave Count

B- Yes, that's the solution for Ships, the Shockwave Count 1, as I say before, when I start doing the update the f_shockwaves work OK, they were there after the Ship explode, however it seems that as I advanced in the Update also I advanced with newer CVS Builds, and there the Shockwaves vanish.......

I don't want to get happy until I test it, but I think it should work, thanks, Psychonaut

-----------------------------------------------

Wanderer, I was using the Customized Thruster Effects already from that DOC, what I mean is, for standard drive and AfterBurner:

ThrustersAni:
Bitmap 1/1a: Glows as seen from Rear
Bitmap 2/2a: The cone, the one that uses Lenght, missing without the Species_def in newer CVS Builds
Bitmap 3/3a: Glows as seen from front

ThrustersGlows: No feature.................at least not present in the DOC

Thanks for the Thread Wanderer, I see if I find something

-------------------------------------

BIG Thread: Um....i would really like to do a SHIP.TBM changing the ARMOR types, however without an Armor.TBL with some examples I can't do a thing. I am not too sure, but having different and stronger Armor would prevent specially INF Ultra Super Capitals from having HIT POINTS: 99999999999999999999999999999999999

I test the Chimera Gun Points and Missile Points, and it's okay as there are, so I won't change any...

Well....again: "maps are boring me", to the important now, I am re-checking Dockpoints and Dock Paths, I see there are lot of ships without DockPoints (big ships) and Dock Paths (of course), I'll add to the ships that don't have any DockPath and....but the problem is this

When the Support Ship dock the Jotun, won't the Turrets try to fire at the enemy and of course "bye bye, support", I don't test this, but I don't need much imagination to see what could happen.
With the Vindhyachal it somehow would be same, but the Beam turret Firepoint shoot truly forward from the Turret location, so the Support Ship should be safe (I hope...)

Other the Self-Destruct dock of the SOC Orc, in the FS1 Retail Ships, the dock of the Shaitan was something like that, even if the ship doesn't just collide until self-destruct, it will dock weird..

Won't it be best if the Support ship dock by one of the flat sides, there is lot of place there.....

Oh.....G-Darius section, there are games or series that will inspire anybody probabily more than this game, but the inspiring thing is that the gameplay of G-Darius is excellent, effects/collisions everything......(like in many games, you just need to pay attention)

Queen Fossil Main Beams, do you see the Small Particles around the beam, I didn't catch that until now, another interesting effect.

Another good one, believe me I want to do this even before see the idea in G-Darius:

That's a Charged Primary, I would be really happy to see that kind of feature in FS2, I mean, weapons like with a Flag "Charge", with Charge Time, that consumed a lot (or all) of the Power Output of the the Ship, and then Fire another really more powerful version of the shoot, for example a Beam (it would be like a Weapon Replacement, like a summon/call to another entry in the Weapon.TBL, diferent everything, not only damage)

Read the image (it's self explanatory, and it's at it happens it should happen in reality, [no Beam over Beam]):

(......Far away dream.....). As anyone can appreciate trhough all those pictures G-Darius maybe a little old, but it haves everything and more Beam Glows, Beam Particles (while charging), Beam torrent Lighting/particle, Beam Collision (this make this game almost unique), and the Primary Charge. And I only take that from the Opening and 1st Stage.......the Increadible thing is how the Gameplay is so advanced, I mean, it's an Arcade game (there is another thing/Image that I don't post that makes it even more exact than FS2, but I won't make this longer........for now)

Aside from that, my Main purpose with the Beam either Lightining/Plasma/Section Particles, is to give some life to the Beam, I add colours to the Beam Sections, but even so....it's still like

Section 1: Beam Core: White Line/Another Colour (Static)
Section 2: Main Pure Colour: Blue/Yellow/Red/etc (Static)
Section 3: Light Section 2 Colour: Blue/Yellow/Red/etc (static)

That's what I mean, it's just and "static line" line, like saying hey, "you know, I won't hurt if you give some life, so I can be appreciated more". The "Flicker" just move (flicker) the static line, but it's still a Static Line, it doesn't change what it is......The important thing is not the Quality, but the Form change/rotation and the Movement in specially in 4th/5th Section, it's like you can say "incredible, for once, I can see the Beam flow", with the actual there isn't any real flow, way too static

I have seen, and also missed, lot of this things through Game and Anime Series mostly, however if I see a normal/real life Laser, yes it's like FS2, so it's normal the effects are still like that......

« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 11:23:19 pm by Shadow0000 »

Update (again)

Double-Post (sorry, I hope I won't go the prison for this), It's in a different file, because I want to make sure I didn't brake the balance changing the Hell Storm X, it needs some testing in Mission 14 (thanks), read below for specifications about that change:

[LINK REMOVED, THIS PATCH IS ALREADY IMPLEMENTED]

-------------------- OLD History Section here (it means you can get really bored reading, but remember: it's not my job to entertain people) --------------------

I was thinking of use the $Arm Distance: for the FireStorm other missiles are really OK, but if you accidentally keep pressed the Secondary fire key, then magic, "Suicide" (and even in Very easy), not only that, but you go to hell with your own squadron, also Assigning the Dinky Shockwave with it's Low Damage.

The Hall of Failure: (Whoa...I think I'll make this place my home), there is no way I can set the Dinky Shockwave & Damage for Sub-Munnitions, since the delay of the explosion is 0, I mean it would be, "if FireStorm Fail, you Fail too", but Sub-Munnition are not intelegent enough to understand that......it will remain the same

I think we should start using +Attenuation: For Beams, I am not too sure about this, I mean not from start of the Beam (Total Damage) to the End of the Beam (0 Damage), I mean, yes, but in space, energy doesn't really lost massively, after all there is no atmosphere that weaken or consume the surface of the Beam. As I said before with the Armor.tbl, it's hard to choose right.......but yes I think it's not the Same to being hitted by the URed from 10m (instant death) than from 25000m, so it's bothering me...., somewhat this should somewhat make Weaker Beams have a more near Damage of a Big Beam, for Example a BFBlue/BFSilv, having a damage more of a SBFRed if hits from a few meters, that would mean that I would need to increase the Damage of all Beams in order to equilabrate the Damage Attenuation, after is like represent the +ShrinkFactor with lessen Damage...

One of the other problems, are the Beam max range 30000m is not the real range where a Beam should dissapear in Space, the problem is that Beam travels automatically to the Hit Point, that kills the Head of the Beam, plus if there is a way to make Collision Between Beam, beams should have a Travel Speed:, otherwise there is no point to really make a collision

------------------------------------------------

Ah...this is a good one, was bothering me since I really catch the Hell Storm X wasn't a Multi-Warhead Missile (Spawn "",x) Flag, but was a $Swarm:, it's because of the GTVA commentary, damn, do the GTVA is always wrong...I am starting to feel something like go Gigas kill everyone.....

To the real Point, The Hell Storm X is a Swarm Capital Bomb, now we have 3 Swarm in Normal Fire-Mode, and 6 in Dual-Fire Mode. Now, how many have noticed that the Hell Storm X comes all togheter, I mean, if you are going to make bomb after bomb, then why the Hell don't you make a single bomb that has the power of six...

The Point is, if you destroy one, normally the others are destroyed by the Hell Storm X Damage which as being a Capital Bomb is big, enough to destroy another of the same Type, so there should be a like a machine-gun or a vulcan-cannon, one after the other (but not the same axis) having enough range between them so if one is destroyed, you don't lost all of the launched ordenace,

This can be done using the $Swarm Wait:, which have to be really accurate, the range needs to be exact, otherwise a distance too big between missiles could seems like it's another ordenance while it's still the same.........

Using the "Cycle" flag which Cycle through Firing Points, I'll make the line Axis be different, not much, but enough to not be one after another...better, using a "Corkscrew" Flag would be intereting, with Fire Delay, yes, I can Imagine it, a proud name for missile called "Hell Storm" (X), all twisting, rotating, like evading all of your shots, and saying "What?, do I move too much, you are missing me, you need to practice more, good luck next time, boom!!!", rotatory axis in a slow missile, umm....hope you like to aim...and you aim really good....

This sometimes get even worse, when the 1st Hell Storm X explodes, destroying the ones that come a litte behind, this don't bother now, because there is no $Shockwave Damage, and $Shockwave Damage Type:, but I am sure if those would be used, the damage would be lessen a lot...

This isn't as worse of what happen with some Ships, I think it's the Bahka or other, where you would fire a Bomb that has a fixed speed of 75, then if you where going to 90 with AfterArburner and Launch it, boom, it automatically collides with you.....

------------------------------------------------

WHAT'S UPDATED:

- mostly fixing Dockpoints and Paths (Well, I learn about the SCP existence in October, I don't have enough time to learn everything of the changes since the retail anyways...):

OrcTer: Fixed the wrong Dock that was intersected in the Hull of the Orc, it seems someone leave a "-" symbol
Add Dock to: Alcyone (new), Akrotiri (new), Androgeos, Ehreos, Gigas (new), Phobos Advanced, Pyrgos (***), Sai (**), ShivNode1, ShivWorm, Vinaashak, Cairo Extension, Iblis, Hara (Pandy), VasFR01-INF, SSD Lucifer, and AFighterNew (It lack of subsystems/Gun-Missile Points/Etc., I don't add it because, I think it's a little umcompleted in the Desing, compared to the others Ancient Models)

(new) : means the Models that comes with INF SCP Patch, Old models will be probabily long forgotten (by me, at least)

***Primary-wep.tbm:

- Mostly Turret Laser Lenght, and specially Laser Head & Tail Radius are the equal, since the Bitmaps is already like a head and Tail there is no need to simulate it (it was looking deformed, I change it). I check this in the TBM that comes in the Media v3.6.7 Update 3, that was I didn't add it before to the TBM....
 - Corrected te Firestorm Range to 840m (why I wrote 2400m anyways?)

***Secondary-web.tbm:
 - Added, the FLARE bitmap, a Yellow emp_shockwave to the EMP Advance which was laking the difference between hey "I don't do damage, I sabotage subsystem momentarly", still, I just changed the Colour, A EMP Shockwave would need Lightining generating almost from it's center and spreading as second passing by to the end of the Shockwave, so it's need an EFF/DDS, it means a lot of work, like Lightnimg Arms or Forks (as sometimes can be appreciated, specially when Lightining travel sky-to-sky without ending hitting the earth itself). Why I added it Yellow, just to Difference, usually (not really) Lightining can be seen as Light Violet, I mean more like a Plasma Storm, but I don't add it Violet, because Plasma in Lightining form could do both EMP and Damage (imagine it's a very concentrated lightining)
 - Added the "Intelligent" (just, a different) Hell Storm X (better No Dumb, Hell Storm X)
 - Added the w_shockwave, Blue Version of the F, since Ship explosion is Red, then Shockwave is Red, I changed this, beceuase when you kill a Ship using a Shocker or Stinger the Explosion meshes and you reallly ask "Do the f_shockwave is working correctly"....., Bomb EFF Shockwaves are in Blue Colour, so...same colour
 - Set the Pandy's (Hara, why it's Pandy ?) to and Pyrgos's Mass to 50,000,000 (the Gigas has 32,000,000, so it's Okay), otherwise you would see a Sathanas colliding the Pyrgos, and the Pyrgos would move, now it should remaing still when it's collided

***Ships.tbl:

- (Transmission Start) Alpha 1: Commander?, we have deviced a SJ Signature, confirmed, AI Signature. (Transmission End) [AI Pyrgos, on station]

***Weapon.Tbl:

- Removed the $Swarm: 3 of the Hell Storm X for Swarm/Corkscrew compatibility issues, no, placing a $Swarm: 0 in the TBM doesn't fix the compatibility, I have no other Choice

WARNING: at Mission 14, is probabily you need to work harder against the Hell Storm X, I removed the Dumb Chain Explosion, where you destroy one (the 1st mostly) of the Hell Storm X and all the other near explode, I can't believe Earth wasted so many resources, so now it's a more "intellegent bomb" in every possible way, better check yourself and say me

INFShips-shp.tbm:

- f_shockwave.pof fix, by setting the Shockwave Count to 1 (it seems that in newer CVS Default Count is 0 if it's not Shockwave.pof). Special thanks to Psychonaut.....
- Raised the SI Hara from 10,000,000 to 20,000,000 (the same as the Pyrgos) it have more HP and Armor than the Gigas, that's an Installation, as I say "Armor", so.......the Armor.tbl it's still chasing me in my mind....

(**) Not like with the Orc I tried to do a Random or Proximity Dock, I added 2 Docks to have some Simetry, so:

***Does the Sai Docks are right, or wrong ?

The Orc Docks:

Number of Docks: 2
Spline per Docks: 1
Dock01-01
Dock02-01

The Sai Docks:

Number of Docks: 1
Spline per Docks: 2
Dock01-01
Dock01-02
Refenced the Spline to each Path, one is 22 and the other is 23

I believe this means if the Ship is Directed to Dock01, the ship will choose the nearest one, or something like that, Hope I didn't brake something. I can assure this is the exact difference but I don't wanted 2 Docks, I mean if not 1 then why 2 it could be 3/4/5/6 or whateaver have some place left......(Do is this how the the BSG Dock were Made?, I mean an Area common Dock with Multiple Points, and then Another Docks with Multiple points, or do those are thousands of single Docks?)

(***) The AI Pyrgos leaves the imagination to anything:

A- Havin lot of Dockpoints Outside (like a bee) and Inside for a Full Fleet of Ancients Ships, (like the BSG Base Star)
B- Having the Core Inside (like the Karnak)
C- Lot of AAA Beams and Flak (even FighterBays) inside to protect the Core (Use the force Lucke, not, you should need more than that)
D- I see there is a way to make Turret Animated, but isn't there a way to make a Fighter Bay Door Animated ??, and be able broke like the Engines, like it slide (not rotate), the problem is that the Pyrgos is so big that it could hold a SD, however the entrance is really small conpared to the Storage. The point is, it's so big it could even have a Fighter Bay for Cruiser/Destroyer and even a few SD (depending on size), but there needs to be an alternative way of enter, one bigger, but that normally reaming closed, until the Fleet launches and then the door open then close...blablabla, If there were so many Missions that were just used for the Sol Gate, I think there should be at least the same for the Pyrgos, it can hide a whole planet inside, well...a fleet, OK...I mean, it's so big inside, you can make a real fight or a mission in that place (remembers me to one of the Final mission in Ace Combat 3).
The Fighters Bay could be a Path Outside-Inside, of course the Poly COunt of a thing like that could be massive, but it would make sense, the Ship come from the Hangar Inside (Hangar...with that Space you can anyone can build a small City), the point is, like the Karnak with Multiple ways inside, but using the FighterBays, though it should be closed until someone destroy it...or until it opens momentarly. I think even when this ship is abandoned by Ancients it should have an IA sleeping mechanism, the Lucifer have one in Derelict, so why not...?

(****) Finally, some Docks in some Ships specific ships (...SJ Sathanas...), are placed in a place that is somewhat hidden and covered, however if you try to Dock another SuperCapital or anything, it will probabily collide until one or the other explode. So, this compatibility Issue can't be fixed until someone test all the possible combinations, and report what of the 2 ships is the one with DockPoint (NOTE: I am not "Someone", I am "Shadow0000", thanks, I also rarely do a Mission with Docked Capital or SuperCapital ships)

----------------------------------------

What's would be updated next probabily:

The Ships POF Name, to the Ship Name, it makes finiding a Ship in a POF Editor really harder, different names really bother, but for the moment being I leave they like that, I mean, the respect I feel for it's creator stop me for changing the names (anyways why the Hara, is called Pandy, Pandy doesn't seem a Shivan name anyways, neither Zodiac, neither Angelic, neither Demon).

It's not like INF uses only 10 Ships, it's really confusing to search all ships.....

----------------------------------------

The Ehreos's Side Flaks problem is still there, the problem is not the Z Axis, but that the Turrets look to it, to be OK, it should be, Turret looking to X Axis, and also set at X Axis. (Modifiying the Z Axis in the TBM correct the problem)

I just don't bother really adding a Good Tech Title, Description, and Anims (repited ones) for the Shivan or Ancient Weapons, I hope this doesn't brake anything, of course if some add a flag like "in_tech_database", but I don't want to invent a description for Shivan/Ancients Weapons, and with the Anim Limit problem, it's like, "remain like that, no one will know" or "so be it"......
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 10:28:36 pm by Shadow0000 »

Offline Starks

This thread is too confusing... What do I download if I want everything...

Why is everything broken up? Can someone make one big zip file?
Formerly of the Dark Wings and Legion of Apocalypse

This thread is too confusing... What do I download if I want everything...

Why is everything broken up? Can someone make one big zip file?

Read the 1st Post of this Thread (it's an easy challenge, more than something confuse). As I wrote above, I recall I am not "someone", I am "Shadow0000", I have an Dial-Up Connection that works wrongly at 21,6 Kbps (it should be 56 Kbps, but it's not). So, even when I want to do a Big File I can't, try to understand me, then I'll understand you,  (there is no one more than myself that can help me with that problem, so...), there are other people that already download and apply the Update succesfully...

You need the "MAIN RELEASE", and over that apply (overwrite) with the "Update Nº1", and after it, apply (overwrite) with the "Update Nº2"...

------------------------------------------

Old Screenshot, Section Here (yes, I am bored):

The Basic Idea for the Gigas charging effect, it didn't work,  a group of beams is going forward while the other goes backwards:

The Old Plasma Beam effect:

The Pyrgos, an AI over Super Juggernaut Class:

Size Comparison:

The Warlock Entering the SD/SC bay:

Get out of there, is gonna blow with all us inside:

The Gigas......:

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
the Sathanas Subpace Rift isn't really suited to destroy anything as we see in the Sathanas FMV, it doesn't do "damage"...but for a Planet/Star Destroyer it's really OK...

Oh that's because in FS Open a beam won't render past 30km and the damage doesn't get applied if the target is further out than 30km from the turret. We had to develop a work around for the current release versions.
If the target is within the play area, the subspace effect should hit it and destroy it.

Offline mr.WHO

OMFG  :eek:  I feel soooooo smaaaaaaall.

Nec Hercules contra plures, or should I say nec Alpha 1 contra Giantus Instalationus  :D

BTW Woo Does this AI is a part of you Ancients pack?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 10:43:27 am by mr.WHO »

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Pyrgos? no it isn't.

Offline Murderous Species

• Immortal
How do you destroy that? It appears stronger than a Gargant!
"Expecting a good plot from a certain genre of games, is expecting intelligence from the caracters it presents"- Myself
"Pain is an illusion of the body; fear, an illusion of the mind"- Warhammer 40.000: Dawn of War
"What is it, Alpha 1... CHICKEN?"
"Prepare ship for LUDICROUS SPEED"
"One fairy contains A LOT of vitamins and minerals; to the point we eat them on-sight; they also offer A LOT of resistance when you don't cook them!"
ALICE!!!!!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
You don't destroy it, that's why it has no debris.

It would destroy all fighters in the area if it did go boom anyway.

Woomeister:

Yes, I know the problem, I am still experimenting with it

This is what I catch using my eyes and Logic, from the Sathanas SubSpace Rift:

Why not a Beam, to destroy a Sun (the explanation why Shivan uses it)

A - It's not a Beam, a beam usually a Laser or Plasma type, what do you think that of extinguish fire using fire ??. Remember Sun is mostly a Hi-Level concentration of Plasma, yes it can be done, but you would need an energy and heat superior to Sun's Energy itself, in order to make it unstable. (this would lead to Debris and Break appart)

The easy way:

Collapsing a Star (and it's core): How many of you know or can recall how a Sun Collapses, it's so simple that I can't believe a SuperNova can make that massive energy surge...

A - Stars is mostly (90%+), composed of Hydrogen, with the past of thousands (maybe millions) of years, the structure becomes to change, the Hydrogen start turning into Helium, when all of the Hydrogen particles becomes Helium, the Star becomes unstable, blabla, by the thousands of nuclear explosions, the sun becomes unstable, and then "magic", you got a Nova or SuperNova (depends on the Sun size, usually the larger it is the more possibilities of SuperNova chances it haves). Nova is a partial Star collapse, a halved SuperNova, while SuperNova is a full collapse.

In another meanings, I think the Shivans used a SubSpace weapon in order to Transport materia, to eaither the Star's Core or a Planet's Core, the weak, but ultra covered part of planet or star.

So, Why to bother destroying something that is destined to be self-destructed, they only accelerated the proccess that take incountable years, even so the materia needed could be massive (70+ Sathanas do the work).
Think of it like a Virus that changes the Structure of it victim (a Human), from it's inside to the outside, why bothering attacking the outside where is protected, if you can attack it weak inside, spreading more and more, until the victim structure changes, and collapse............

I guarantee that's how it works, but well.....is less fantasied and more logic than a Beam, or SubSpace Rift. If it would have been a SubSpace Rift, do a Star would have slowly do a natural accelerated collapse ?, or would just be scuked and lost in somepoint in the SubSpace.........

Large scale subspace weapons don't suck the star into oblivion or anything. One explanation is that they alter the gravitational field of an enormous object; in a star's case, either inhibiting nuclear fusion or collapsing the star inwards until it detonates in supernova. The same technique can cause planets to collapse inwards unnaturally until the strain on matter shatters molecular bonds, causing a massive explosion. It's also the reason why subspace weapons are totally ineffective on almost every feasible artificial construct - ships and space stations don't have nearly enough mass to be affected by it.

Another explanation is that they cause a partial resonation of an object which causes it to enter subspace momentarily, or at least start to. The transition back to normal space (which occurs because the object can't enter subspace completely - it has no subspace drive) is extremely violent, ripping it apart.

Large scale subspace weapons don't suck the star into oblivion or anything. One explanation is that they alter the gravitational field of an enormous object; in a star's case, either inhibiting nuclear fusion or collapsing the star inwards until it detonates in supernova. The same technique can cause planets to collapse inwards unnaturally until the strain on matter shatters molecular bonds, causing a massive explosion. It's also the reason why subspace weapons are totally ineffective on almost every feasible artificial construct - ships and space stations don't have nearly enough mass to be affected by it.

Seems better than the 2nd, logically

Another explanation is that they cause a partial resonation of an object which causes it to enter subspace momentarily, or at least start to. The transition back to normal space (which occurs because the object can't enter subspace completely - it has no subspace drive) is extremely violent, ripping it apart.

There is no rip apart, the star collapses........and that means that the quantity of energy needed to make the a star collapse that way, will be higher or lower depending on the star size........

The energy would be so massive, that I believe it would be less energy consuming doing an Anti-Matter weapon, not only that but the problem with Anti-Matter is that you need to know what Matter are attacking in order to produce an Anti-Matter, maybe against Ship it would be useless, since they're composed of multiple kind of elements, but a Star, it's mostly Hydrogen (or Helium, depends on it's ages). When anti-matter and matter collides,  they convert into pure energy.............

I think an anti-matter weapon was nearly impossible, but seeing the SubSpace Rift it makes me feel like it's as simple as a flamethrower..........

Another one (not from me):

A subspace rift is a type of subspace anomaly that forms when a region of space where the fabric itself is weakened is subjected to high levels of warp energy. Until 2370, the existence of a subspace rift was entirely theoretical and dismissed by the Federation Science Council until it was proven at the cost of a scientist's life.

When a subspace rift forms, tetryon radiation levels in the vicinity increase rapidly and the high-energy distortion waves produced by such a rift have deleterious effects on a starship's shields and prolonged exposure to the waves will result in a catastrophic hull failure. Warp drive is rendered useless due to the dangerous effects of its use within a rift - using warp drive within a subspace rift can not only inflict heavy damage on a starship but it can also expand the rift further. However, it is possible to travel at super-light speeds within a subspace rift if a starship's warp engines are saturated, engaged and disengaged before entering a rift. Taking such action will neither inflict heavy damage on a ship nor expand the rift further.

The Enterprise-D encountered the first subspace rift formation in 2370 on a rescue mission to recover the USS Fleming in the Hekaras Corridor after Hekaran scientist Serova caused a warp core breach on her ship to prove her theories about subspace rift formation. (TNG: "Force of Nature")

This is what I mean: (in the my question, won't a rift is do this?)

In the video game Star Trek: Invasion, it was discovered that before the invasion of the Klingon homeworld by the Hur'q, a powerful fleet of the Hur'q was sealed in a subspace rift. The rift was reopened in an attempt to have the Hur'q rule once again in 2375, but their plot was foiled by the USS Typhon.

A seal, like sending someone to another dimention, but even when it can, it doesn't need to destroy the bombarded ship...........

---------------------------------------

Anyone can check this page:

http://personal.davidtulga.com/sct.htm

Maybe it's not a Subspace Rift, but stay momentarly between 2 planes (like the SD Lucifer), some other deeper plane then comes back to the Normal Space, like that Violent Zone, if something a part of something would be exposed to that kind of space it would collapse in a few moments, but a Warp Drive to a kind of Space that deep would need to be really powerful...........(70+ Sathanas are powerful ????, well, may not be too much for Alpha 1, but for Space I don't know)

---------------------------------------

You don't destroy it, that's why it has no debris.

True it has no Debris, but if Shivans can "destroy" (collapse) a star, then why not?, it a million time smaller.

It would destroy all fighters in the area if it did go boom anyway.

A - The Vindhyachal would survive if it's far away (not close to it)

B - I hate this, why explosion is set by size?. I hate that philosophy "Everything explode", people explode, trees explode.........

A explosion range and intensity must be set by the Fusion of a Ship's Energy Core (and carried Weapons), it means size is nothing, since the Pyrgos has no Core and Weapons (for now....) it doesn't have any Shockwave, only a explosion. In another way of say it, the Power Output and recharge and weapons damage and ammunition, should determine the size of it's Shockwave

In any case, Gigas's explosion, would make a explosion enough to kill everything on Moon's surface..........
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 07:58:09 pm by Shadow0000 »

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
The easy way:

Collapsing a Star (and it's core): How many of you know or can recall how a Sun Collapses, it's so simple that I can't believe a SuperNova can make that massive energy surge...

A - Stars is mostly (90%+), composed of Hydrogen, with the past of thousands (maybe millions) of years, the structure becomes to change, the Hydrogen start turning into Helium, when all of the Hydrogen particles becomes Helium, the Star becomes unstable, blabla, by the thousands of nuclear explosions, the sun becomes unstable, and then "magic", you got a Nova or SuperNova (depends on the Sun size, usually the larger it is the more possibilities of SuperNova chances it haves). Nova is a partial Star collapse, a halved SuperNova, while SuperNova is a full collapse.
Supernovae are caused by magic? :wtf:
A nova is a halved supernova? :wtf:

I think you should try reading this before continuing.

Seems better than the 2nd, logically

There is no rip apart, the star collapses........and that means that the quantity of energy needed to make the a star collapse that way, will be higher or lower depending on the star size........

I was talking about planet-scale objects being ripped apart there by the violent transition from subspace to real space. I like the first theory though - and that's the one we'll probably use in our canon, if at all.

Offline starfox

I don't really get how to install all the updates....
 :confused:

I really want to try this out, so could someone familiar with 7z-format give a little more advice, please ?
Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP