Author Topic: TBM, need Help  (Read 1625 times)

It seems I fail to change the $Sections: of a Beam. Example:

#Primary Weapons

$Name: HRed
   +nocreate
$BeamInfo:
+Muzzleglow: RedBeamGlow
$Section:
+Texture: BeamWhite2
$Section:
+Texture: beam-red2
$Section:
+Texture: beam-red

#End

The MuzzleGlow changes, but the beam Sections keep the same, even if I copy the all entire $BeamInfo with everything it doesn't not change. I am using Inferno R1 (with SCP Patch), I am trying to change the beam sections, to match the ones used in FSSCP.
I am doing something wrong?, or is this a bug because there are $Section have all the same names and fail to recognize which one is the one that have to change the attribute.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
TBMs by default add instead of override beam sections. However this is the second time this has come up so I'm reconsidering (Like override by default, and use a "+append" option if someone wants to add a section)

If you're using a recent CVS build you can add the field "+Index: #" where # is the zero-based index (ie starts at 0 and counts up) of the beam section you want to override.
-C

Thanks, I have fixed it. I have already done the weapons TBM, but I need to test the original INF Primary Weapons looks (@Laser Bitmap / @Laser Glow).

Offline WMCoolmon

Damn, I thought I mentioned this before (guess I just thought about it).

The 3.6.8 betas will have modular tables and the beam image/anim names will be renamed to the previous versions for better compatibility with other campaigns. So I'm not sure if there will be a BeamWhite2. The latter should only require a few search-and-replaces to fix, the former means that if Inferno uses any retail weapons you shouldn't have to fix them. (I don't think it does though)
-C

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
IIRC BeamWhite2 is one of the crazy animated beams, whereas beam-white2 is a non animated one, so it should be left as is, because the animated beams are insane..
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline WMCoolmon

Which is what's getting changed in the next release. :nod:
-C

Yes, I know that already, BeamWhite2 is an attemp to make the Laser 1st Section animated, however it is very unreal from where you see it. I was just testing it, so I used the normal not animated for sections. Take a look at this, can you say me if this is right?:

CVS 2005/12/09

+nocreate
$BeamInfo:
$Section:
 +Index: 0
 +Width: 24.0
 +RGBA Inner: 255 255 255 255
 +RGBA Outer: 150 150 150 10
 +Flicker: 0.1
 +Zadd: 2.0
$Section:
 +Index: 1
 +Width: 40.0
 +RGBA Inner: 160 160 0 255
 +RGBA Outer: 60 60 0 10
 +Zadd: 1.0
$Section:
 +Index: 2
 +Width: 120.0
 +RGBA Inner: 255 0 0 255
 +RGBA Outer: 60 0 0 10
 +Zadd: 0.0

------------------------------------------------

If I do this, the 1st Section, looses the Width, so you only see a small line, since it looses that, I have pasted repited data, like the Flicker and Zadd as above, and can't really see if it is loosed, or if only the atributtes aboves are loosed (Width in this case is the only). But I still have to with some Beam problems,

+nocreate
$BeamInfo:
$Section:
 +Index: 0
$Section:
 +Index: 1
$Section:
 +Index: 2

-------------------------------

Strangely, the OrangeBeam (Vasudan Beam), which uses the BeamWhite3 as 1st section, does not seem to be 2 beam (or at least I can't see it (as I say before, I have some problems, so don't pay too much attention on this I have to see this again).

-------------------------------

I am near finish the update, except for some things, and a few bugs (that I don't know if they're cause of the SCP, or cause of what I have changed, I'll start posting some screenshots when I have time (better when I finish the patch).

Here is what I mean see (maybe it is because BeamWhite3 can't be seeing ???):

« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 10:33:40 pm by Shadow0000 »

Offline WMCoolmon

I don't see anything that's really wrong with that pic.
-C

No, there is nothing wrong, what I mean is that the 1st Section of the OrangeBeam is a BeamWhite3 (an Animated one / *.ani), but it is like one beam only, and not like two beams, like the BeamWhite2.

This is a screenshot using the beam-white2 (which is some kind of lightning, should there be a more suitable beam Section1, like beam-white3).

« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 11:47:30 pm by Shadow0000 »

Sorry, for the Double Post, but I am having somekind of bug here regarding the Beam Sections, and I didn't really know if make a new thread, since this one is really related.

The 2 beams (BFBlue and HRed) are using the exact same sections, textures and colours/flicker/zadd. I a quick explanation to this, it seems that the Indexes aren't really overwritting the old sections, but it seems that Indexes sections are slaped/cliped in a further plane.
It happens with all beams, if I make all Sections Bitmaps "none", I still see the old Bitmaps.....so
This is not really noticeable, because when you change a Bitmap, for example an Animated one for a non-animated one, the 2 seems to be very much like the same. But, when you change colours like from Red to Blue I get to see that......

(This should not work) but, if a you don't specified +nocreate flag, if there is something with that same name, it's checked and overwrited, or it just add another entry with the same name ??

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
There were several issues with beam section parsing, particularly where using an index of 0 didn't work properly, plus several other minor code issues.  Those were fixed on the 24th but I don't think there has been a CVS build since then.  When the next CVS build gets released try it again and if it's still messing up let me know.

Many thanks again. (I was afraid I was doing something wrong with the TBM)