Author Topic: RELEASE - Derelict SCP Edition  (Read 263779 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: RELEASE - Derelict SCP Edition
It's not hard. It's time consuming but it's not hard.

All you have to do is open both the Retail and SCP versions of the missions, scroll down to the messages section and copy the filenames from one to the other.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
And by the way, there's some major wierdness in the first mission ivolving initially docked ships in a wing.  It's causing them to not show up in most recent builds.  I'm not sure how best to fix it, but I'm looking at the problem.  Is making Ore Carriers a wing necessary to that mission, BR?
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Spoiler:
well, it is story driven. what is the wing Kidd and the freighter Blackbeard supposed to attack? ;)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Cobra, I've played the mission.  I'm not asking if the ships are necessary, I'm asking if it's necessary to the mission scripting that they are formed into a wing.  Get on IM damnit.  :)

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It's a problem with the docking code.  The new stuff required to handle initially docked ships doesn't work for wings.  I'll have to fix it.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
It's a problem with the docking code.  The new stuff required to handle initially docked ships doesn't work for wings.  I'll have to fix it.

:rolleyes: Just as I mantis it.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
One other small point. The mod.ini included is an old one which may point to the wrong place for people who've followed the guides on the wiki or my FAQ on how to install FS2.

Just open it up in notepad and change

Code: [Select]
secondrylist = ,media_VPs;

into

Code: [Select]
secondrylist = ,mediavps;
Or just use this one.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Downloading.  This is a remake of the original Derelict?  I don't even remember most of that.  Should be fun with voices for more than just the first four missions.

Welcome to the Boonies?

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Is your graphics card that old ? If yes, grab a really cheap one from ebay, that can run FS_open. (something like a GF3 or GF4, or an ATI equivalent)

I don't have a graphics card.   :nervous:

I suppose I could get one from ebay...I think I'll take a look at what theys got.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:rolleyes: Just as I mantis it.

Why the :rolleyes:?  I appreciate it being in Mantis even if I already have a handle on it; that way, if I forget, I have a reminder staring me in the face. :)

Offline ionia23

• "YES, I did finally see 'The Matrix' 12 years late
Same Error entering mission "Bond Of Trust"
Blammo, the exact same error as before.  I'm open to suggestions.  Here's the call stack dump.

Error: dl2-04-l2.fs2(65):
Error: Required token = [$multi_text], found [$mirror: 0] .

File:parse/parselo.cpp
Line: 551
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

This error occurs when trying to enter the mission "Bond Of Trust" in the first SOC loop.  I'm stumped.

I'm running FSOpen 3.6.7 with the 3.6.7. media VP's.  Also using Lightspeed's nebula packs.  I am not using any fancy models (such as the hi-poly lucifer and whatnot) other than what comes in the vp's themselves.  I get the exact same problem even with the latest CVS build. (as of 01/24, that is).

I have already deleted (moved) all my player files so this is with a new one.  Ugh.  Any ideas?  Next step will be a full retail reinstall, loading scp and vp's, etc, yadda yadda unless someone has a better suggestion.

Unless this should be posted somewhere else...  think it's worthy of a Mantis?  I don't want to bug the SCP folks if I don't have to, they're busy enough as it is.
"Why does it want me to say my name?"

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
You're not using a recent enough build. This could be a problem for anyone using the voice build as it now appears as if one of the missions was saved using a very recent version of FRED (Much more recent than the voice build).

You could try the latest CVS build. I have seen that one work with Derelict.

Offline Nix

• In the morning!
    • Minecraft
ionia23, I had that same exact error when I tried to play it with the base 3.6.7 release build.  I asked Blaise about it and I can confirm that the Voice-recgonition build does work to get around this problem.  CVS too, but I wouldnt know cause I havent been brave enough to venture that far yet.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Ah. Missed the bit where he said he was using the official 3.6.7 build. Odd. I would have sworn Phreak's fix was newer. I guess my memory is playing tricks on me again :)

Offline ionia23

• "YES, I did finally see 'The Matrix' 12 years late
Guys, thanks a lot for the suggestions.  I will try the voice-recognition build when I get home later.  Damned day jobs.....
"Why does it want me to say my name?"

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Was that the "Aw, ****!" blooper? :p
That would be it. ;)

(As a side note, I've played through the first few missions, and everyone's done a great job.  Heck, even my own voice doesn't sound half bad in-game. :p The only flaw is that, due to what I'm assuming is a code bug, any enemy wings that have jumped in so far have proceeded to fly in a perfect circle instead of attacking my wing or other friendly ships.  Makes for easy missions, but I'd rather have a bit more of a challenge. :p)

The Third Man.  Why bother making Stilletto II's available if none of the fighters provided can carry them?

Offline bfobar

I feel the need to contribute something.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Great work lads. Although, for some reason the Herc won't show up in on the HUD, even though it works fine when viewed normally or in the techroom. I'm thinking it's the build, but I haven't been able to check, as it locks up whenever I try to play the first FS2 campaign mission on my 3.6.7 build...

Any ideas to this small, but rather annoying... thing...?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
(As a side note, I've played through the first few missions, and everyone's done a great job. Heck, even my own voice doesn't sound half bad in-game. :p The only flaw is that, due to what I'm assuming is a code bug, any enemy wings that have jumped in so far have proceeded to fly in a perfect circle instead of attacking my wing or other friendly ships. Makes for easy missions, but I'd rather have a bit more of a challenge. :p)

Definitely Mantis this.