Author Topic: Direct effect of destroying subsystems?  (Read 4298 times)

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Re: Direct effect of destroying subsystems?
:nervous: Umm... That window wasn't being hammered with harpoons now was it? Would Bosch been anywhere near that room had there been GTVA forces nearby? Hell no!
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline castor

• http://www.ffighters.co.uk./home/
Or maybe it was just a nice flat screen monitor.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
He was playing FS2 on it. :D

Offline ZmaN

Or maybe it was just a nice flat screen monitor.
He was playing FS2 on it. :D

More like he was playing FS2 in HI DEF on a 100 inch Hi-Def Plasma TV WITH ALL the Extra vps uploaded into his Iceni's Computer systems, using His own Operating System!!!
Well what do I do now?  Well Jack, you seem to have an act for blowing things up....

www.underoath777.com  <---  The BEST BAND EVER!

My Rig:
NZXT Apollo Case, with the insides painted black, and refinished side panels
Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750 watt PSU
Intel Xeon E3110 (e8400) OC'd to 3.6ghz
Xigmatek S1283 HDT Cooler
Biostar TPower I45 Motherboard
2 x 2GB's Crucial Ballistx DDR2-800 RAM
XFX Geforce 8800GTX GPU
Onboard sound
3 x 36GB Raptors in RAID 0
1 x Western Digital 640GB stand-alone

Matthew 1:1-2  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
I thought we all agreed that Bosch was a sucessful beverage entrepenure, most famous for his personal brand of beer.  :nod: Brewing and programming seldom go together.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
I thought we all agreed that Bosch was a sucessful beverage entrepenure, most famous for his personal brand of beer. :nod: Brewing and programming seldom go together.

what are you talking about? they ALWAYS go together! How do you think Windows was coded?
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Picture if you will: Bill Gates in a beer comercial.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Lets face it, only realistic scifi ship design is a Borg cube.

Actually, Star Destroyer general design is pretty good too. It can concentrate all of its forward firepower in its forward arc, yet still deliver more % of its firepower on a broadside than a cube (assuming firepower is evenly distributed).
-C

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Hey WMC, could you share a coders insight on the original questions and our wild guessings, pretty please ?
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Actually, Star Destroyer general design is pretty good too. It can concentrate all of its forward firepower in its forward arc, yet still deliver more % of its firepower on a broadside than a cube (assuming firepower is evenly distributed).
True. But the "bridge" kinda ruins it. It evens has shield generators placed in the most voulnerable place there is! But that minor detail aside, Star destroyer is one of the greatest designs there is merging therotically working, simple design with scifi extensions and still looking good.
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey
True. But the "bridge" kinda ruins it. It evens has shield generators placed in the most voulnerable place there is! But that minor detail aside, Star destroyer is one of the greatest designs there is merging therotically working, simple design with scifi extensions and still looking good.

hi,
yeah, shooting down a star destroyer is really easy with a Y/B-Wing.
Blow up that stupid shieldgenerators, 3 or 4 pronton-topedos for each, disable the destoryer with the ion-gun and easy going *g*.
if you doesnt have Y/B-Wing a wing of X-Wings are good enaugh too, but the turrets make so a lot more trouble.

i dont understand why they doesnt see so a big bad mistake ...

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.
attention: this english is dangerours and terrible, runaway so fast you can!

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
@Mehrpack: Try playing on the "hard" difficulty setting. Then you'll have to bring down the shields first, before you can destroy subsystems (like shield generators), which makes a tad more sense.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline ZmaN

Picture if you will: Bill Gates in a beer comercial.

HAHAHAHA...

I so can picture that, Bill gates in a Bud Light Commercial....
Well what do I do now?  Well Jack, you seem to have an act for blowing things up....

www.underoath777.com  <---  The BEST BAND EVER!

My Rig:
NZXT Apollo Case, with the insides painted black, and refinished side panels
Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750 watt PSU
Intel Xeon E3110 (e8400) OC'd to 3.6ghz
Xigmatek S1283 HDT Cooler
Biostar TPower I45 Motherboard
2 x 2GB's Crucial Ballistx DDR2-800 RAM
XFX Geforce 8800GTX GPU
Onboard sound
3 x 36GB Raptors in RAID 0
1 x Western Digital 640GB stand-alone

Matthew 1:1-2  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning.

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey
@Mehrpack: Try playing on the "hard" difficulty setting. Then you'll have to bring down the shields first, before you can destroy subsystems (like shield generators), which makes a tad more sense.

hi,
ok thats sounds better, as i had play X-Wing and co. i hadnt try the highest level.

but i dont understand why it not as default so was in the games.
i mean so isnt a star destroyer not a real star destroyer.

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.
attention: this english is dangerours and terrible, runaway so fast you can!