Author Topic: How to build from source on Mac  (Read 1692 times)

Offline Muriac

How to build from source on Mac
Could someone give step-by-step instructions for getting the source for OS X? I'd really like to be able to build it myself, and perhaps look at it a bit.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Re: How to build from source on Mac
"./autogen.sh && make"  should work fine.  Though probably you will want to build through Xcode.  I've got some changes to commit to CVS for the project file which could make it a little nicer for others, but you should just be able to open what's in CVS and be ok.  With the project file in CVS you will need the SDL framework installed as well as the OS X  10.2 compatibility SDK.  If you know Xcode then you should be able to take it from there, but if not then let me know and I'll give you a more detailed walkthrough.

The changes I still have to commit to CVS are to not forcibly use GCC 3.3 but the system compiler version instead, include both GCC3 and GCC4 versions of the OGG Vorbis static libs, and not use a compatibility SDK.  I plan to commit those changes just after the next CVS build gets uploaded.

Offline Muriac

Re: How to build from source on Mac
I've actually just started programming this year, and my experience with Xcode is very limited. I know how to push Build and Go, but that's about it. Where and how do I get the things I need before pushing Build and Go?