Author Topic: Texture help  (Read 830 times)

Offline EAD_Agamemnon

• Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't very Fuzzy Was He?
Okay. Next step I need for my Big Ship Battles, is importing the textures. I may still have other tasks to complete, but first things first...
"Never start a fight, but always finish it."  - Captain John Sheridan
-------
In Diffucult Ground; Press On
In Encircled Ground; Devise Strategems
In Death Ground; FIGHT!

Sun Tzu on The Art of War circa 400 B.C.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
The only problem is that you have to have the texture names remain correct through conversion both ways.  IIRC, they tend to get cropped down to 8 characters plus extension, or autoassigned to .bmp and then ignored if there isn't an accompanying texture file.  It's annoying, but not insurmountable.  Play around with Truespace's texturing tools for a while, you'll get the hang of it quickly enough.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline EAD_Agamemnon

Too bad scaling down the model doesnt just do that...make smaller (recalculating all numbers in the process as well). Since I'm not too familiar with TruSpace's texturing, what icon leads me to texturing? Paint Object? I know....I'm a 'newb' to this modeling...but at least I admit it. I'll keep checking in case I discover it myself. Referring to the original file might help me find where to go to do what, but some pointers would help.
-------
In Death Ground; FIGHT!

Offline EAD_Agamemnon

I THINK I found where you put in the texturing (OBJECT RENDERING?)....but have yet to figure out how to assign the textures and for them to stay put or keep starting over.

EDIT: Referring to the original file hasn't helped. The original file, or model, is the file I rescaled....the rescaled version is my problem area. Where am I going wrong?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 10:03:16 pm by EAD_Agamemnon »
-------
In Death Ground; FIGHT!