Author Topic: noob questions.. the sequel  (Read 1572 times)

Offline rcrph

noob questions.. the sequel
I've got a couple more questions that perhaps someone has answers for:

1.  I've read the page describing the briefing icons.  I'm still having a difficult time sorting them out.  Is there a list detailing which combination of label, con image and ship type is associated with what specific icon.  It would certainly help with the briefings.

2.  In some of my briefings I've been able to make the icons move.  But I don't really know how to do this consistently.  How do the pro's do this ?

As always, thx to everyone for this terrific mod and to those who are willing to answer this noob's questions. :nod:
Better living through chemistry

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: noob questions.. the sequel
the brief icos are real trouble since FS2_open does not support more than 3 race-tags (terran , vasudan, shivan)... 
the icon used depents on the race-tag of the craft it was made from and the class it should display...
try to use the support-ships (T/V/S) in the ship-class field and browse through all (icon)-classes... than you should gain a clue how this works now...

moving breif icos: Brief icons move when their position in changes from one briefing step to another... for example
BI1 here in step 1
_____x
and it should be here in step 2
________________x
than fix move it the location it should be in step 2 (in step 2) and when ingame the briefing stage changes the Ico will move where it should be
the brief Ico has to be there and the same through out both steps

I'm sorry if I can't give details now but I'm in a hurry...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
There is a file called briefingiconsV3.jpg that comes with the install. From there you can see the icons and the settings you need to get them.
Here's an example: To create a B5 icon first set the ship type to something that is terran in the tables (like B5 is, or some other EA ship). Then switch the icon image to "cargo", like it says in the .jpg. Now you should have a B5 icon.
Another example: If you want the logo of the PSI corps to show in your briefing, set the icon ship in to something Shivan (like Drakh or Shadows). and set the icon image to "LargeshipWing", like it says in the .jpg. And now you have the PSI corp logo.
You can use the support ships T/V/S to get the race correct, like Orph3u5 said. It's easier that way.

To get the icons move, do this. Place the icon you want to move, and then go to next briefing stage. Move the icon somewhere. And there! A moving icon. You might also want to change the camera transition time so the camera moves more slowly, thus making the icons move slowly too. Play around with it a bit to get the hang of it.
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline rcrph

Thx for the suggestions.  Your help is greatly appreciated.
Better living through chemistry

there is another option, but that coul take some time: wait for multispecies implemented :)
it is already there but not used cause it is a bit buggy. but i dont think that it will take a lot of time from now till it is supported...