Author Topic: Shipdata - where do YOU get it from  (Read 1861 times)

Shipdata - where do YOU get it from
Just curious: where did u get all the data on the ships u have in tbp from? Some kind of encyclopedia? Website? ... ?

Offline knn

Re: Shipdata - where do YOU get it from
I don't know what tbp uses, but http://www.b5tech.com/ is a good source
"Don't try to be a great man, just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -- Zefram Cochrane

Im not so sure about that. b5tech (f.e.) states that the starfury carries 8(!)missiles, while the series clearly make only 6 missiles visible...  so I guess there has to be an other source that the developers of tbp used.
(althoug b5tech clearly is at least a VERY good start...)

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
B5 tech cannot be totally trusted. This has been proven numerous times. But it does give good info about stuff. That can be cross checked with other sources (including the show). Then, when the facts are know, it would be debated and fitted in to the game (like EA-Minbari kill ratio in the war). Or someone could be just be pulling the numbers from his ass. How could I know, I'm just a mission designer. :)
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

There are even some ships that do not occur on b5tech and the show but are discussed in here (the tiger class fury f.e.) or some centaury capship other than the vorchan and the primus... where did u get the info about these?

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
another nice source (I never used it mutch) on canon stuff is this one:
http://www.babtech-onthe.net/

some infos on non-canon stuff can be found here:
http://www.efni.org/
Fan-Fiction right from the centers of the EFNI labs
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
The data used in TBP was pulled from many sources and filtered by various team members by the application of our own observations of the show, judgement, and common sense. No one source should be trusted 100%.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.