Author Topic: Noob Question...  (Read 1880 times)

Offline lourokk

I've installed the TBP version 3.2 and I played the game....awesome. When I updated it to 3.3, I get this error message...I have no idea what to do. Also none of the missions work for me except the Earth-Minbari Demo. Any help on that would be appreciated? Plus is there anyway I can learn how to mod and make my own missions. I am really interested in this and am a huge B5 fan from way back. Thanks again and sorry to bother you guys.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 08:10:30 pm by lourokk »

Offline Shade

First off, posting the error message will help a lot in determining what went wrong.

To learn to make your own missions, you should start with the FRED walkthrough. If you haven't got a retail copy of FS2, you may not have this, but then you can find a link to an online version of it on the FRED portal of the Freespace Wiki. That walkthough covers nearly everything one needs to know about using the FRED mission editor, and will get you started nicely.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline lourokk

Thank you. I'll check it out now. I appreciate your help and I also believe I found the solution to my error problem. I searched the forums and found the solution.

Offline lourokk

I tried installing The Long Twilight Struggle and I've extracted it to my TBP folder. When I load up the campaign menu...it isnt there? Any reason why I cant see it???

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
If it's a single mission, you won't find it in the campaign menu.  Go into the techroom and select mission simulator.  You shouold find it in there (assuming you've uninstalled it to the data/missions directory).
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
All Heat em up campiagns and missions just require you to extract the .vp file into your "The Babylon Project/" folder :)  Just a one step install :)
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
If you've made any table changes I have to give that idea a big  :ick:

Otherwise using mod folder is probably better but not absolutely necessary. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
WHen making campiagns and mission which do not require new or ammended tables, models etc Its easy for me and the player to pack them in a vp.  When i come to use other tables and stuff that will make a change to the actual TBP then i would be using the mod option :)
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.