Author Topic: Shivan Campaign Demo  (Read 18211 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: Shivan Campaign Demo
How he knew it was there is one of the big mysteries of FS2. Like pretty much everything else connected to Bosch :D

Um... there are many mysteries in FS2, but that isn't one of them. :p

Stealing History

Through a rigorous study of Ancient archeology, Bosch learned the location of the Knossos subspace device, the portal to the region of the galaxy where the Ancients first encountered the Shivans. His genocidal war was a smoke screen to cover his plunder of Ancient sites in Vasudan systems. In Deneb, he learned how to activate the portal and deployed the Trinity to power up the device.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
How he knew it was there is one of the big mysteries of FS2. Like pretty much everything else connected to Bosch :D

I thought it was a consequence of plundering Ancient dig sites during the NTF rebellion, but that would raise further questions in itself as to what caused him to want to look at those sites.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I was refering to how he knew to look for the location in the first place. It could be that he simply stumbled upon the fact while researching something else and then got the idea of starting the NTF war in order to plunder those ancient sites but that doesn't sound correct to me.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Thought occured: Maybe Neo-terra existed long before it became any sort of power, just existed in secret and the GTSC Erikson was a Neo-terran ship, and detected the portal, but only ever reported it to Bosch, who did extensive research on it and activated it during Neo-terra's emergance.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Wouldn't need to have much of an NTF actually.  It would be very simple for the captain of a ship to tell the crew that the mission had been classified and thereby prevent anyone from ever mentioning it again as long as Command don't monitor all missions (which is a possibility during peacetime).
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I was refering to how he knew to look for the location in the first place. It could be that he simply stumbled upon the fact while researching something else and then got the idea of starting the NTF war in order to plunder those ancient sites but that doesn't sound correct to me.

Well, all we know AFAIK is that Bosch discovered 'something' during the GTI rebellion about the Shivans that led him to form the NTF ("As a young pilot I battled against the rebels of the great war, the Galactic Terran Intelligence whose research of shivan technology and biology would form the cornerstone of my project"), so my guess would be - from that - he was looking to find the place where the Shivans first met the Ancients (or at least, Shivan territory).  Perhaps whether or not he knew of the Knossos is less important than whether he knew of the node (that it stabilised).

(as an aside, I always liked the notion of the GTVI playing Bosch, quietly manipulating him to act out a plan so dangerous, so risky, that the only way they could see it come to fruition was by an unwitting proxy)

Hows this going as of late? Any progress? :)

Yes and no. The campaign is coming along, and is in no way on any sort of hold. Unfortionetly, I suffer from "Battle of Endor" syndrom, and FRED ruins any mission with to many ships for me (crashes at either the 22 second or 34 second mark ingame with too many ships in FRED) destroying many, many, many hours worth of work. But I'm learning to work within the confines, and switching to a "Beyond Cappella" scenerio has saved me many hours of planning within a pre-set story line :D SO in short, it is coming along, and is not on hold.

Also, I'm adding certain weapon compatabilities to shivan ships that were otherwise useless (Aeshmas with torps for example) but still within reason of cannon.

P.S. My summer break is coming up in a couple weeks, so I'll have lots of time then :D
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 04:43:48 am by Warnstaff »

did u actually make a new mod to enable shivan ships to be playable or used that wing glitch? i really need to know i use the wing glitch and the game crash if i restart within a mission, and u cant select ships or weaps with it. also wing glitch doesnt work in multiplayer, so plz help me out
The only forgiveness is between them and God, it is up to me to arrange for that meeting.

Anybody got links to mirrors for this campaign? The attachment is gone, and i can't find any links where i could get this. Reinstalled my FS2, and forgot to backup this awesome campaign..

Oh, and i ponder if you have done anything lately on this awesome campaign, Warnstaff?

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
Attatchment deleted by admin...  :sigh:
"Your efforts to interdict me have failed, papacy. Pentagon, engage propaganda drive."
"Now, Protestant scum, you will see the power of this fully armed and operational Papal Station!"