Author Topic: New CVS build  (Read 5339 times)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
This is _not_ from the 3.6.9 branch, though. This includes all the cool stuff that I've done in the last couple of days, plus the events/directives scripting support that I just put in CVS. And some changes by other people as well.

http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/latest/C08062006.zip
-C

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
So it's the first CVS after 3.6.9, before 3.6.9?

Offline neoterran

Is there anything in here that is actually usable by non-developers or is it just dev candy release for the new stuff you've been doing ?
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
So it's the first CVS after 3.6.9, before 3.6.9?

The basic idea is to split the 3.6.9 release into its own branch. Now if it turns out that 3.6.9 has a stupid bug in it we can update it to 3.6.9.1 and end the stupid practice of telling newbies to use bleeding edge CVS builds to get past bugs in the official build.

CVS builds on the other hand will continue to contain the latest code and newest features. You'll only need them if you want to use the latest code and newest features though so it will be mostly devs and early adopters who use CVS builds from now on (which is exactly the way it should be).
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline ShivanSpS

This have the kara new loadout system? both 9th and 17th have some missed misiles in some missions, and the worse is you have to restart to campaing to check, and the first mission where you can noticed this is in the Laizander and actium mission, (No Harpoons).

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
So, what's new in this build?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
This have the kara new loadout system? both 9th and 17th have some missed misiles in some missions, and the worse is you have to restart to campaing to check, and the first mission where you can noticed this is in the Laizander and actium mission, (No Harpoons).

The team loadout code in CVS doesn't touch weapons at all, only ships. Once the ship code has been shown to work I'll copy it across and edit it so that it works with them too but I'm reluctant to do that until I know that it does actually work perfectly.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
I tried this build out and i couldnt get the r-build to run at all, regardless of commandline or mod selected (so it didnt run at all)... debug build run quite nicely though it hanged too when quitting the game (not that suprising with d-builds though). No usefull fs.log entry as debug did run and the entry in errorlog.txt:

Code: [Select]
fs2_open_r-P4-20060608 caused an Illegal Instruction in module fs2_open_r-P4-20060608.exe at 001b:00588ee3.
Crash occurred about 1 or 1/2 second after clicking run from the launcher (pre-5.4)
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Sometimes after I kill an enemy wing, the red dots on the radarsceen still remain there, I just can target them no more and it stays like that through out the mission.

Offline ShivanSpS

The ATI and Env mapping problem is still here :S

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken