Author Topic: FS2 Capital Ship Database  (Read 7961 times)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
FS2 Capital Ship Database
I thought some of you mission designers might find this useful, if you haven't already seen it on FREDZone.  

[p1mp]  http://members.home.com/cp5670/warships.rtf   [/p1mp]  

I think there are a few small errors, which I am in the process of correcting. I will also put in the ships from the newly validated FZ missions shortly.  

Sorry if the file takes some time to load; it is only 45.428kb in size, but the @Home servers seem to be going kind of slow these days.

[This message has been edited by CP5670 (edited 12-27-2001).]

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
*cough* pimp *cough*  

I can't wait to see the updated list, CP!  

Let me know when it's done. God, I love my FRED Zone crew! Y'all are the best!  

------------------
FRED Zone's Grammar editor/ FS history moderator
Former member of TCA
Member in good standing of 99th Skulls
Honorary member of TCS and UGC

"I created your civilization...now I will destroy it!"
--Ra, the Sun God
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Cool. I thought Sandwich had already made one of these, but if he hasn't... then cool job, dude. My congrats  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Regarding the GTD Delacroix, that's probably an Hecate destroyer as both Delacroix and Aquitaine were (are?) both nobel French house (I think).

Even if thats not correct Delacroix and Aquitaine are related in some fashion, which would mean its logical that they are both of the same class.

------------------
'The more women there are about, the softer a wise man steps.' Saying in Arad Doman.

'Well, since the whole loaf won't be mine, I will settle for whatever slices fall my way.' - Mazrim Taim

Why not visit the Time of Change website? Well once I get back up that is.
'Honour the valiant who fall beneath your sword, but pity the warrior who slays all his foes' - G'trok, in the poem lu geng

'Clarification is not to make oneself clear, it is to put oneself in the clear.' - Sir Humphrey Appleby

Why not visit the Time of Change website?

Or perhaps my own website - Telencephalon

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?

Originally posted by Tar-Palantir:
Regarding the GTD Delacroix, that's probably an Hecate destroyer as both Delacroix and Aquitaine were (are?) both nobel French house (I think).

Even if thats not correct Delacroix and Aquitaine are related in some fashion, which would mean its logical that they are both of the same class.

Aquitaine is a region, famous mainly because of big battles during WW2 (or maybe WW1, not sure).
For delacroix, dunno, but it's clearly a french name.
SCREW CANON!

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Yeah, there are quite a few controversial things in here; the Delacroix is only mentioned once in the sm1-07 (Slaying Ravana) briefing, so I have no idea what ship class it belongs to. How about everyone here post what class they think would work the best (Orion or Hecate), and I'll go with the majority.

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Delacroix = Hecate, no question.  

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Really? No question, eh?  

Hey, the Delacroix was destroyed by the Ravana, am I right? Or am I wrong, this is IIRC  

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Ah, a question from my Ancient Egyptian-named brother/comrade  

CP probably knows better than I do, but yeah, I do remember the Delacroix being mentioned in the briefing of the mission where you have to fly a bomber to destroy the Ravana. If I remember correctly, the briefing said that the GTD Delacroix (along with several other GTVA capital ships) was destroyed. This is why we're having a debate about whether the Delacroix was Orion-class or Hecate-class; this briefing is the only mention of this ship.

But, to answer your question, Setekh, yeah, I think you're right that the Ravana killed the Delacroix.

My instincts/intuition/gut feeling/sour stomach (I ate too much pepperoni pizza at dinnertime) all tell me that the Delacroix was a Hecate-class ship. Of course, guessing an unseen cap ship's particular class on the basis of my tummy feeling funny can't exactly be called scientific evidence...  

------------------
Former member of TCA
Member in good standing of 99th Skulls
Honorary member of TCS and UGC

--Ra, the Sun God

The Order of the Stick

Offline joek

• Heh heh... not funny.
    • http://www.joek.com/
Well I'm agreeing with Hecate.

1) Delacroix just sounds like it would belong to a Hecate (as Aquitaine does). Maybe the two ships were completed at the same time (or thereabouts) at the ship yards and the one dude picked their names.

2) Going up against a Ravana wouldn't it be logical (though Command is rarely logical  ) to send a new Hecate rather than an old Orion.

3) Besides, was the GTVA still using Orions at the time. At the beginning of the game your squad is transfered from an Orion to a Hecate.

Joe.

------------------
No, he's not back for real, just popping his head in to say "hello" while on break from classes.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Sounds like most people want the Hecate.     I will change that in the next version, then.    

Argh, just changed that thing, and Notepad gives me the "Not enough memory to complete operation" message on the last letter.  Guess I need to go into Wordpad...

[This message has been edited by CP5670 (edited 12-15-2001).]

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue

Originally posted by joek:
3) Besides, was the GTVA still using Orions at the time. At the beginning of the game your squad is transfered from an Orion to a Hecate.

Joe.

It's true that the 53rd Hammerheads (your first squadron in playing FS2) was transferred onto the Aquitaine at the start of FS2. However, I don't think necessarily think they were transferred from the Bastion (which IS an Orion, like joe said). The feeling I got was that the Bastion had been mothballed/retired sometime after the First Great War. Of course, the Bastion WAS part of the 4th Fleet, which is based in Vega. The first command briefing in FS2, which gives the rough history of the 53rd, even says "since then, we've called Vega our home."

I don't remember the exact text of the briefing, but the feeling I got was that after the Bastion was retired, the 53rd was transferred to another destroyer(which could have been either Orion OR Hecate, there's no way to tell) in the 4th Fleet and remained in Vega until the start of FS2, when the 53rd was transferred to the Aquitaine, which is the flagship of the 3rd Fleet in Capella.

To sum up, the destroyer that the 53rd transferred from could have been either Orion or Hecate and it was PROBABLY NOT the Bastion.

That's my take on it, anyway...  

CP, you really GOTTA e-mail me your real life addy; I wanna visit you during Spring Break 'cause you're only a short drive from my house in Washington, DC.  

Oh, BTW, how soon until the new list is done? DON'T FORGET TO POST IT ON FRED ZONE!!!  
------------------
Former member of TCA
Member in good standing of 99th Skulls and UGC

--Ra, the Sun God

[This message has been edited by Su-tehp (edited 12-15-2001).]

The Order of the Stick

Offline Zeronet

• Hanger Man
Hecates are used primarly as Flagships with Orions as plain Destroyers.
Got Ether?

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

2) Going up against a Ravana wouldn't it be logical (though Command is rarely logical   ) to send a new Hecate rather than an old Orion.

I have to agree here, but there's a converse point: if it's a new ship, wouldn't Command have wanted to preserve it, and pull it out before it got destroyed? Then again, perhaps the Delacroix had a dumb-ass Captain like the Colossus did, and refused to jump out. Idiot!  

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

Originally posted by Su-tehp:
But, to answer your question, Setekh, yeah, I think you're right that the Ravana killed the Delacroix.

Why, thank you my Ancient Egyptian-named brother/comrade.  

I thought so. I remembered it from the (command?) briefing before Slaying Ravana.  

Delacroix is an Hecate. As to being destroyed by the Ravana, maybe it jump in at the wrong location: in front of the main guns? That would be amusing.

------------------
'The more women there are about, the softer a wise man steps.' Saying in Arad Doman.

'Well, since the whole loaf won't be mine, I will settle for whatever slices fall my way.' - Mazrim Taim

Why not visit the Time of Change website? Well once I get back up that is.
'Honour the valiant who fall beneath your sword, but pity the warrior who slays all his foes' - G'trok, in the poem lu geng

'Clarification is not to make oneself clear, it is to put oneself in the clear.' - Sir Humphrey Appleby

Why not visit the Time of Change website?

Or perhaps my own website - Telencephalon

Offline joek

• Heh heh... not funny.
    • http://www.joek.com/

Originally posted by Tar-Palantir:
Delacroix is an Hecate. As to being destroyed by the Ravana, maybe it jump in at the wrong location: in front of the main guns? That would be amusing.

Yeah, like the nav officer was the same guy from Spaceballs: "I said shoot across her nose, not up it!"  

Joe.

------------------
No, he's not back for real, just popping his head in to say "hello" while on break from classes.

Offline Xelion

• In the Ether
Outstanding!

------------------
Max
Flash Developer
Ps6 Beginner

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

Yeah, like the nav officer was the same guy from Spaceballs: "I said shoot across her nose, not up it!"  

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Lol - how did I miss this topic until now? Oh, well...  

Setekh is right, you're just doing double work. :-/ Here's a direct link to the Complete FS2 Ship List: http://www.geocities.com/sandvich/fs2/notes/fs2_ship_list.html

CP, maybe we should join forces or something...  

------------------
America, stand assured that Israel truly understands what you are going through.

Know how to use Rhino3D? Want to put your ships into Freespace 2? You've come to the right place!

"He who laughs last thinks slowest."
"Just becase you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
"To err is human; to really screw up you need a computer."
Creator of the Sandvich Bar, the CapShip Turret Upgrade, the Complete FS2 Ship List and the System Backgrounds List (all available from the site)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill