Author Topic: NTF shipyards  (Read 24222 times)

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Few of the ships mentioned in command breifings have classes attached to them, the Delecroix for instance.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Newer intented to use them as a singular entities its just that well after playng the main campaign several times I got sick of always bailing the Aquitane out. I mean what the hell put some freaking beam on it...! You might as well give them blob turrets to shoot with they be just as efective as those slashers.

That said has someone here ever done a refit of the hecate with some more powerfull beams?
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
I think Trashman did a MOD that was a refit of the Hecate, check Hades Combine.

The trouble with the Hecate isn't just the types of beams, it's also the placment. An Orion will still win against a Hecate with 2 Slashers replaced with BGreens.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah i know that but at least the Hecate has some forward firing ark while Orion doesnt if i remember corectly. Even if and Orion could take out a Hecate that would still give make the Hecate a lot more powerfull then it is now.

Also i have to wonder what were the terrans thinking when they built the hecate? i mean that ships has less concentrated beam output then a corvette.
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
yeah i know that but at least the Hecate has some forward firing ark while Orion doesnt if i remember corectly. Even if and Orion could take out a Hecate that would still give make the Hecate a lot more powerfull then it is now.

Also i have to wonder what were the terrans thinking when they built the hecate? i mean that ships has less concentrated beam output then a corvette.

They were thinking 'command and control centre, fighter platform'.  You wouldn't send an aircraft carrier to go toe-to-toe, after all, yet it's the most valuable ship in any naval fleet.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
They were thinking 'command and control centre, fighter platform'.  You wouldn't send an aircraft carrier to go toe-to-toe, after all, yet it's the most valuable ship in any naval fleet.

Odd, it seems like people keep answering that same question, over and over; and yet it returns.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well sure it does this role superbly yet how can they just not slap at last 2 corvettes to permanently guard the blasted thing.

Or at least use it in conjuction with a Hatshepsut or an Orion.

this is just bad tactics. The loss of a destroyer far outweighs the expenses of keeping it safe. Also i'm kinda used to the whole destroyers equal fighterbay and masive beam to beat the freaking crap out of any other ship thy come across.
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
If it's bad tactics, modern maritime fleets are all screwed

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
umm I dont think you understood mi point. I was refering to the fact the ships like the Aquitane tend to be left somewhat alone in diferent hostile enviroments where they dont belong in the first place.

They should of had at least one corvette acomapaniing the Aquitane at all times.
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Oh! Yeah, your right.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Well sure it does this role superbly yet how can they just not slap at last 2 corvettes to permanently guard the blasted thing.

Or at least use it in conjuction with a Hatshepsut or an Orion.

this is just bad tactics. The loss of a destroyer far outweighs the expenses of keeping it safe. Also i'm kinda used to the whole destroyers equal fighterbay and masive beam to beat the freaking crap out of any other ship thy come across.

Ever heard of the word 'overrun'?

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aldo remember mi english please explain!
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter

:nervous:

It's basically... getting such a massive number advantage that the oposition gets trashed methinks. Getting them more than they can handle.

What the shivans do! :D
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
umm well...hell swarm the back with bommbers and fighters they tend to swarm you with capships if i remember coretly

And since the shivans have crappy AAAF defences.......well....see the point no?
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft

:nervous:

It's basically... getting such a massive number advantage that the oposition gets trashed methinks. Getting them more than they can handle.

What the shivans do! :D

Thats not that great of a card. It's really expensive and to make it worth it you would need two or three guys depending on how many people the other people have. It's better just getting a whole bunch of bonesplitters; they're much less expensive.

:/

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
You should use Dimensioni Leggendarie!
The target creature gets +8/+8 and gains trample...it is also an enchantment,so it remains in play...with only 3 more mana energy.
About this...who remember the FS Card Game someone was developing,I don't remember his name?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Aldo remember mi english please explain!

Overrun.

A position is overrun when the defensive perimeter fails and the enemy is able to get into the vulnerable 'centre' (i.e. that which was protected by perimeter defenses).

For example, if your general is in a command centre, surrounded by trenches, and overrun would be the enemy in some way defeating the defences - often through weight of numbers - and thus getting in at the general and command centre.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
The war could be won not using the Colossus, the problem was that the destruction of most of the 6th fleet forced the GTVA's hand on the matter and since they were already engaging the Shivans, that conflict needed to end as swiftly as possible. It's basic strategy, never fight a war on two fronts but as we all know GTVA command doesnt know anything.

About the Hecate, the idea is good but the design isnt, a dedicated C&C and fighter carriyng capability is always good but they should have designed the ship with more defensive armament, against capital ships and small craft, even if its not meant to be at the front line it should be able to stand up by itself, something that the Hecate fails to do.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 01:08:52 pm by Sarafan »

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
What, you mean like a Nimitz class aircraft carrier can?

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Yeah, the Nimitz could ram the enemy into submission  :rolleyes:

The Nimitz has anti-missile/fighter defenses (AMRAM missiles and 20mm Vulcan CWIS Turrets), but that's about it: kind of like the Hecate, which concentrates on AAA and Flak