Author Topic: Armageddon Bombs  (Read 4065 times)

This is technically a modding question but I figured that if I posted it in the Modding area no one would know what I was talking about.

Anyway, I was messing around with the Inferno R1 tables, and noticed that the Executioner and Armageddon bombs were included in the weapons table, though they are never used in-campaign. The armageddon in particular surprsied me with its inclusion, since the Notus bomber is not included with R1. Anyway, I wanted to try it out, and had the bright idea of rearranging the ships table to allow a Jotun to carry Armageddons. Though I included "Armageddon" in the "Allowed SBanks" tag, the weps loadout screen still says "A Jotun is unable to carry Armageddon weaponry." I was wondering: why? Is there something more I need to do? Is it even possible? I should point out that I used Notepad to modify the ships table without extracting it from the VP, does that make a difference?

Furtheremore, would anyone on the Inferno team be terribly mad if I used the Armageddon (assuming I get it to work) and the Executioner bombs in my own campaign. Wondering because you guys haven't "officially" released/used them yet, and if you want to be the first then I won't. Would be helpful in my campaign if I could though.

Thanks!
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Actually I get the Armageddon pretty easy to work with the Jotun D.H., the Executioner is simply base weaponry for the Jotun D.H., I coulnd't imagine it without that weapons and the Ripper primary.

Actually the Wraith was supposed to also have the ability to carry the Armageddon. Remember in R1 the Armageddon is fired without a lock, and is not type seeking, is just goes forward.

A problem could be the Jotun $SBank Capacity: ( 100, 100, 120 ), and the Cargo Size: 50 of the Armageddon, however not, as you see the Armageddon should fit at least twice in the Jotun.

Can you post your modified entry for the Jotun in the Ships.tbl ?, I may be able to help better that way.

One table entry, coming right up!

$Name: SOB Jotun D.H.
$Short name: TJotun
$Species: Terran
+Type: XSTR("Advanced Assault Bomber", -1)
+Maneuverability: XSTR("Very Poor", -1)
+Armor: XSTR("Very Heavy", -1)
+Manufacturer: XSTR("Han-Ronald Corp.", -1)
+Description: XSTR(" ", -1)
$end_multi_text
+Tech Description:
XSTR("A modified variant of the regular Jotun, the D.H. version incorporates small changes to its configuration. A Type 4 HR reactor - the largest Han-Roland has built - powers its upgraded weapons and more numerous turrets. Carrying capacity is also increased, allowing the SOC variant of the Jotun to carry even more Executioner bombs. This advanced version was rushed into service to enable the SOC's fighters to engage the new breed of gigantic Shivan warhsips without friendly warship support.", -1)
$end_multi_text
+Length: 70 m
+Gun Mounts: 8
+Missile Banks: 3
$POF file: jotunadv.pof
$Detail distance: (0, 150, 550, 1300)
$Show damage: YES
$Density: 1
$Damp: 0.2
$Rotdamp: 0.55
$Max Velocity: 0.0, 0.0, 45.0
$Rotation time: 6.0, 6.0, 6.0
$Rear Velocity: 0.0
$Forward accel: 4.0
$Forward decel: 2.0
$Slide accel: 0.0
$Slide decel: 0.0
$Expl inner rad: 75.0
$Expl outer rad: 150.0
$Expl damage: 30.0
$Expl blast: 2000.0
$Expl Propagates: NO
$Shockwave Speed: 0.0
$Allowed PBanks: ( "Subach HL-12" "Adv Disruptor" "Mace" "Prometheus" "Luyten D-9" "Kayser ADV" "Hastor" "Ripper" )
$Allowed Dogfight PBanks: ( "Subach HL-12" "Adv Disruptor" "Mace" "Prometheus" "Luyten D-9" "Kayser ADV" "Hastor" "Ripper" )
$Default PBanks: ( "Kayser ADV" "Hastor" )
$Allowed SBanks: ( "Hurricane" "Shocker" "A.C.R" "A.S.R" "Arrow" "Hornet" "Vortex" "Sniper" "Defender" "Stiletto III" "Cyclops" "Helios" "Trinity" "Slayer" "Executioner" "Armaggedon" "EMP Adv." "Firestorm" )
$Allowed Dogfight SBanks: ( "Hurricane" "Shocker" "A.C.R" "A.S.R" "Arrow" "Hornet" "Vortex" "Sniper" "Defender" "Stiletto III" "Cyclops" "Helios" "Executioner" "EMP Adv." "Firestorm" )
$Default SBanks: ( "Hornet" "Executioner" "Executioner" )
$SBank Capacity: ( 150, 150, 200 )
$Shields: 1600
$Shield Color: 100 100 255
$Power Output: 4.5
$Max Oclk Speed: 65.0
$Max Weapon Eng: 150.0
$Hitpoints: 1000
$Flags: ( "player_ship" "bomber" "in tech database" "in tech database multi" )
$AI Class: Captain
$Afterburner: YES
 +Aburn Max Vel: 0.0, 0.0, 85.0
 +Aburn For accel: 0.7
 +Aburn Fuel: 300.0
 +Aburn Burn Rate: 50.0
 +Aburn Rec Rate: 25.0
$Countermeasures: 40
$Scan time: 2000
$EngineSnd: 127
$Closeup_pos: 0.0, 0.0, -99
$Closeup_zoom: 0.5
$Shield_icon: shieldJotun
$Ship_icon: iconJotun
$Ship_anim: ssjotunadv
$Ship_overhead: loadjotunadv
$Score: 10
$Trail:
 +Offset: 0.0 -24.0 -7.0
 +Start Width: 0.25
 +End Width: 0.05
 +Start Alpha: 1.0
 +End Alpha: 0.0
 +Max Life: 1.0
 +Spew Time: 120
 +Bitmap: Contrail01
$Trail:
 +Offset: 17.0 -17.0 -8.0
$Trail:
 +Offset: -17.0 -17.0 -8.0
$Subsystem: communication, 7, 0.0
$Subsystem: navigation, 7, 0.0
$Subsystem: weapons, 15, 0.0
$Subsystem: sensors, 7, 0.0
$Subsystem: engine01, 20, 0.0
$Subsystem: engine02, 20, 0.0
$Subsystem: Gun01, 5, 20.5
$Subsystem: Gun02, 5, 20.5
$Subsystem: turret01,1,1.0
 $Default PBanks: ( "Hastor" )
$Subsystem: turret02,1,1.0
$Subsystem: turret03,1,1.0
$Subsystem: turret04,1,1.0

That help at all?
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
What error messages does a debug build give you?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

OMG!!!, you wrote in the TBL "Armaggedon" instead of "Armageddon", here a possible fix:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armageddon

--------------------------------------------

:lol: I used to mistake in the same exact way with that word, if you change it the TBL should work.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 12:32:27 am by Shadow0000 »

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Furtheremore, would anyone on the Inferno team be terribly mad if I used the Armageddon (assuming I get it to work) and the Executioner bombs in my own campaign. Wondering because you guys haven't "officially" released/used them yet, and if you want to be the first then I won't. Would be helpful in my campaign if I could though.
If it's in the tables it's avaliable for playing with. We didn't use the SOC stuff either.

Actually the Wraith was supposed to also have the ability to carry the Armageddon.
I actually hadn't decided what it would carry. It's probably too slow to carry the Apocalypse so it may of had some sort of long range missile like the Phoebus is supposed to have.

OMG!!!, you wrote in the TBL "Armaggedon" instead of "Armageddon", here a possible fix:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armageddon

--------------------------------------------

:lol: I used to mistake in the same exact way with that word, if you change it the TBL should work.

I THOUGHT I FIXED THAT! ARRRGH! I'll try spelling it correctly...

What error messages does a debug build give you?

No error messages, it just didn't let me put the bomb in the bomber.

Dark Hunter I get the Armageddon to work on the Jotun D.H. since my last post with the spelling fix, this is a check just to see if you get it to work too.

Oh yeah forgot about this thread!  :D

Yeah I got it to work. Please note that editing tables whithout extracting them does not work.

Now to re-code some errors with dl'ed campaigns...... table errors in S:AH, unrecognized operator in Transcend..... annoying.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Hast thou tried using the cheats (SHIFT & 9 or SHIFT & 0) i forget which to cycle through secondaries? Or just giving it through a fred default?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Say what?  :confused:

I got the bombs to work, through modifying the table entry only slightly (turned out I had misspelled "Armageddon", which makes me feel quite stupid.)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Oh LOL :lol:
Forget it then........... :D
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png