Author Topic: Icons  (Read 3216 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
:mad: I can't get rid of this new topic after I timed out! Went to a new topic. I tried to get it back to the eyecandy thread but man, it just isn't working. Sorry for cluttering the board.

Since I can't be bothered to type it all out again, I'll keep it short.

I've done fade in fade out for Darkness Warlock Arachnas Eclipse Nemesis Scorpion & Kato.

I can't playtest cause not at my computer, do not have files either.

The icons are small so I don't think anybody would notice any huge difference except for the turrets on the EA ships (unless they're totally different).
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 03:11:08 pm by Snail »

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The icons are small so I don't think anybody would notice any huge difference except for the turrets on the EA ships (unless they're totally different).
There's been a few tech glitches on the server recently so I wouldn't worry about it.

I can see the difference, the maps look different as well as the turrets :)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
But if they're really small and grey, who's going to notice? Unless of course you send me these new ships. And it's not like anyones going to squint at every pixel to see the difference. :)

I've now faded the icon for the Asarte, Danaus and Ezechiel and have normal iconned the Tanen. For some reason my wireless network adapter is going haywire. It works when it wants to so now I don't have the internet unless I use my other computer, which doesn't have any of my files on it. What's more I seem to have lost my USB Device :mad:.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
But if they're really small and grey, who's going to notice? Unless of course you send me these new ships.
I can see the difference.

You need to test them in game, just because the icon looks good now doesn't mean it will in game.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well I concidered the icons done, and the Ancient icon set can't be done this way as the ships aren't finalised.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
I like the FS1 era icons in Inferno.  It's actually something that you might see on a briefing screen, if you can't represent every single ship in the campaign.  I'd say focus on more important stuff than icons to get the job done.

- Rampage

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Indeed, I prefered the old FS1-style icons, too. No reason really, just that the bare icons seemed a lot more militaristic-y, which I love in campaigns.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I can't do "The more important stuff" because I'm not really staff... I'm just 'helping'.  :)

I can't make animated .ani's cause my ani maker doesn't work.  :confused:. How did you make the old briefing icons? I could make all the stuff myself and then test them if you tell me how you made them.  :nod:

Offline Snail

• SC 5
You know after concidering the above posts about how people like the classic FS1 type icons, it doesn't actually seem like anybody is interested in having these new ones... Just doesn't seem worth the trouble if everyone wants the FS1-style briefing icons. So really, I'm giving up on this stuff. :sigh:

I would do anything to move Inferno along though, seeming as the staff disappeared...  :)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well actually changing to fs2 style icons would delay the release of Inferno: Alliance as I'd need to redo its icon system to keep INF SCP compatability :)

If you want to release a R1 icon set though for those who prefer those types be my guest. It shouldn't be that hard to produce an icon override vp file to do so.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Blah nobody actually likes the FS2 briefing icons except for me by the looks of it. So I don't see the point actually.  :blah:

Offline Snail

• SC 5
 :bump:

Sorry for bumpage to this topic, but I've decided to give out all the icons that I've made so far. They are incomplete and no .ani's are included. Only some may have a complete set of frames, most do not. If anyone is willing to integrate these, feel free, but please inform me in advance.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Actually, I need hosting first, HLP won't let me attach anything.

Em... I *think* I have hosting.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/da6c76/
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 05:08:45 pm by Snail »