Author Topic: Anyone notice how beam weapons in Inferno are just a tiny bit Over-powered?  (Read 23638 times)

Re: Anyone notice how beam weapons in Inferno are just a tiny bit Over-powered?
I'm actually going to have a suicide bombing in the BIG CLIMACTIC FINALE of my campaign... but it's not against a super-ship, it's against a living being!  :yes:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
(Is it just me, or is there this trend toward suicide bombing in mods with superships, when your side has no superships? Derelict has that suicide run on Lucy, Aeos affair has the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse... Meh, I need to try more mods)
Well you get the Icanus so you do have a super ship here :)

The Jotun is great for bombing runs against super large ships. Using anything below it like the Ursa II would be foolish though.

Helps if you modify the Jotun to carry Armageddons too.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Only the Notus carries the Apocalypse warhead.

Armageddon bombs aren't the same as the Apocalypse, Woo. Armageddons were put in the R1 VP, Apocalypse weren't.

Or.... am I mistaken and the name was changed after R1?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Name was changed. The official name for the bomb was Apocalypse, but at the time we were using the MT Apocaylpse instead of the Icanus, so we changed the name to something else.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
On the subject of MT, is the TFCv Darkness still used? I liked that ship. It was big for a corvette, but that fits the EA since they didn't know about the Phobos or the Deimos when they built it. IIRC, the Raiden was also pretty big for a Corvette. I like how the EA have question, if you are using the Darkness, do you use the same R1 model or high-poly?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
We use the same MT Darkness beta that was in R1, just with better looking maps.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Okay I'm back(I leaved Sol for a camp...ehm..trip)...

I'm actually going to have a suicide bombing in the BIG CLIMACTIC FINALE of my campaign... but it's not against a super-ship, it's against a living being!  :yes:

Uhm,that's not new to me.In Colony Wars 2 and 3,living aliens were present and killable(in space or on the surface of a planet).
I don't have so much ability to convert them to FS,however...

You changed the name of the Icanus,Woo?
We did the same with our campaign,we called it "GTSJ Terra".A ship with that name should be differrent,in the design I mean...
Apocalypse is good for something black,with multiple cannons mounted everywhere.
ha hem did you change the aurora sound effects?They were cools but not completely okay for that beam...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Do the Shivans still use Flak guns? I always thought that the Shivans using flak guns was bull**** as it was a Vasudan creation. It could use the same system as flak but look more Shivan, but having plain GTVA flak guns on Shivan ships was
just.... disgraceful.  :ick:

Oh, and what's more powerful HRed or LRed?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
A few Shivan ships use energy flak which looks nothing like the Vasudan energy flak or the standard Terran flak.

HRed is more powerful.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Yay! The Shivans don't use flak!

You really like teasing us with all these things like "something is wrong with the Ezechiel's glowmap" or "I usually use the (some vasudan bomber) with spacial charge" and 3\/1|_ stuff like that. You really know how to keep us interested.  :nod:

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
What?Shivans don't use flak guns?
Aaah, in Inferno!

Are you going to make the difference between the different types of flaks?making the Shivan ones red,or causing different explosions...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
But don't you think it is just a >little< weird that the Shivans use Vasudan tech?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Uhm, in the mission The Great Hunt,people talk about the Great War. With the tech they had 32 y a, it's a miracle we won the GW.
Now shields, no FLAK GUNS,no beam cannons.
Those are things we don't actually see in Fs1 or in FS Port, but there were suppoesed to be.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Your point?

No shields, no beams, no FLAK GUNS, doesn't mean the Shivans had them. It >could< mean the GTVA have them NOW but not THEN.

And also, the Shivans should've had beam cannons but didn't (except for the Lucifer). And I always imagined the Flak Gun as a Vasudan thing (doesn't it have that 'Vasudan' feel?).

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
But don't you think it is just a >little< weird that the Shivans use Vasudan tech?
They don't.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
In FS2.

And of course if you think that Flak Guns aren't Vasudan, but I always concider them Vasudan (or the GTVA should effing well be the NTF as it has absolutely nothing to do with the Vasudans  :mad: )

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
The flak guns are a Terran invention,in the sense that IN THE PAST CENTURY WE HAVE CREATED THEM.
The pilots were refering to their(Shivans) weapons, and said no f g, no b c, no shields.Weaponry the Alliance now uses.
Of course it should be a Vasudan invention in FS2,that's not to be excluded...
The Shivans were supposed to use beam weapons in FS1.Also,the Moloch was supposed to exist too before its encounter in the nebula(A Moloch class corvette has jumped in,not we have a new Shivan corvette size warship etc.).
Shivan warships are possibly 10.000 years old,I don't know why the ones who entered TV space in the Great War hadn't beam cannons whe the other had beams.The Lucifer is the Lucifer,beam weapons are a must for it.

Maybe when FS1 was developed,programming technology didn't allowed V to put beams for all Shivan warships.
Beam weapons could even be an idea V boys had after making FS1 and put them in FS2.In this case,they were supposed to exist in FS1 too.

Hey,Woo:why the Dallie is "ATT" now?
The Lightblue Ribbon