Author Topic: Vasuda Prime  (Read 5166 times)

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?

Originally posted by karajorma:
it depends I suppose. If Jump node tech was available to Earth they might not have colonised mars.
 Mars can be terraformed reasonably easily but it probably wasn`t deemed worthy if you could almost as easily transport people to another system with a planet that is already habitable.

then, following what you just said, why would they go back to Vasuda? Mmh?  

SCREW CANON!

Offline Vertigo1

• 'Scaper

Originally posted by venom2506:
if there was other planets in Vasuda able to recieve settlers, they were probably colonized too by the time the luci came to Vasuda, and then they were most likely fried too.

Ahh, but we only heard of Vasudan Prime getting slagged.  Its possible that the other planets were left alone since the Shivans were only interested in controlling jump nodes and nuking homeworlds at the time.

------------------
"You know you've played Freespace too much when you're driving along trying to use countermeasures to shake off pursuing highway police." - Top Gun

"Oh and Kazan - you have some nice rocks" - Thunder

"stapled myself to an office chair, forgot about it, and was stuck for 2 hours for one thing" - Stryke 9

Thunder when he's all grown up
Gargoyles, Season 1.  Buy it, or DIE! :)

"Professor! This ship is capable of traveling 90 percent the speed of light! Why are we only doing 35 miles an hour!" - Leela
"Because we're in a hurry!" - Professor

"from a purely stastical standpoint japanese men DO have smaller penii on average" - Kazan

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?

Originally posted by MD-2389:
Ahh, but we only heard of Vasudan Prime getting slagged.  Its possible that the other planets were left alone since the Shivans were only interested in controlling jump nodes and nuking homeworlds at the time.

Nope: look at the fs2 intro, this planet in the deneb system, it's a pretty green and blue planet at the begining, and a dead rock at the end: Luci fried it, and it's not an homeworld.

SCREW CANON!

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Visit scenic Vasudan Prime, the largest self-lighting parking lot in the GTVA!      

[This message has been edited by Shrike (edited 01-11-2002).]
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

If this has already been said then many apologies:

There is some orbital construction yards in orbit.

And about the Vasudans evoluting there: In FS1 in the tech room it says that 'many people are surprised that Vasudans were able to evolve on VP' (or words to that effect). From the 'FS Reference Bible' it says that the Ancients help the Vasudans evolve. Although it doesn't say in what manner, whether through genetic manipulation or by interferring in the culture as 'god'.  

------------------
'The more women there are about, the softer a wise man steps.' Saying in Arad Doman.

'Well, since the whole loaf won't be mine, I will settle for whatever slices fall my way.' - Mazrim Taim

Why not visit the Time of Change website? Well once I get back up that is.
'Honour the valiant who fall beneath your sword, but pity the warrior who slays all his foes' - G'trok, in the poem lu geng

'Clarification is not to make oneself clear, it is to put oneself in the clear.' - Sir Humphrey Appleby

Why not visit the Time of Change website?

Or perhaps my own website - Telencephalon

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ

Originally posted by venom2506:
then, following what you just said, why would they go back to Vasuda? Mmh?  

Cause while a colony might be easier to transport, saving the vasudans left on the planet might be easier if you transport them in-system. If one on the worlds in the system was barely habitable they might choose to send survivors there first.
 Colony worlds start out with a small population. Remember that even if only 1% of the population survived we are still looking at 40 million vasudans left on vasuda prime.
 Saving their lives would have been the most important consideration not the economics of whether it was cheaper to move them.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]