Author Topic: Re: CVS Builds  (Read 64213 times)

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Hi everybody, yesterday I was trying to launch my old Star Wars mod with those builds (I've just taken the Optimized version for Fs2). But unfortunately, the mod didn't launch. I mean Freespace 2 is running well after I chose the mod folder from the Launcher 5.4, but when I want to see custom missions in the tech room, there are all unavailable. I can't see my converted star wars model in place I have just the Fs2 vessels in the list.

So, what's wrong ? Should I have to remove(move) the media VP 3.6.8 Zeta out of the Freespace 2 folder or not ? The mod was working well with old build for Inferno (but don't remember the released version).

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
So, what's wrong ? Should I have to remove(move) the media VP 3.6.8 Zeta out of the Freespace 2 folder or not ? The mod was working well with old build for Inferno (but don't remember the released version).

You shouldn't have any mods in your main Freespace2 folder or in Data in the first place. The media VPs should go in a folder called mediavps and be selected as a mod. Your Star Wars mod should also be in a folder of its own so that it too can be selected as a mod.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Well, the only vp files in the default Freespace2 folder are only those MediaVP 3.6.8 Zeta. I thought it was this way to use mediaVP in the main Fs2 campaign and use them for all new campaign like Transcend, Homesick, etc... Well, I guess I should move them to a new folder a make a try. Thanks.

Offline redmenace

everything prior to the 7-28-06 is being archived.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat