Author Topic: Banshee?  (Read 3482 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The only thing that beats 4 Prometheus and 2 Banshee in Herc was 4 Maxim and 4 Kayser.

Offline BS403

• I'm just sitting in my Cave.
I was just thinking about something. Shouldn't the banshee have an emp effect.  After all it is a electro-magnetic weapon.
http://woogleville.myminicity.com/

Homer: Aw, twenty dollars! I wanted a peanut!
Homer's Brain: Twenty dollars can buy many peanuts.
Homer: Explain how.
Homer's Brain: Money can be exchanged for goods and services.
Homer: Woo-hoo!

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
I was just thinking about something. Shouldn't the banshee have an emp effect.  After all it is a electro-magnetic weapon.
Yep...but we can assume that pretty much all FreeSpace fighters have significant EMP dampening considering that even that EMP nebula didn't shut down or damage the electronics.  Just caused interference.

Banshee became the Kayser in my mind.  Gameplay practically speaking.  The S-Breaker from Silent Threat is called the Circe in FreeSpace 2.  Its not half bad coupled with a Prom S.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
You actually take weapons,?? 

I use Afterburner to take out most enemies with Shields shunted forwards.

WEapons = Wuss...... ::) :nervous:

...you DO realize, of course, you take damage even when you have your forward shields to max, right?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
You actually take weapons,?? 

I use Afterburner to take out most enemies with Shields shunted forwards.

WEapons = Wuss...... ::) :nervous:

...you DO realize, of course, you take damage even when you have your forward shields to max, right?
I THINK he was joking.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
I had a Dragon hit me at top speed, dead on when I was in an Ursa... it kinda bounced off and blew up.

Offline BS403

• I'm just sitting in my Cave.
That happened to me once except the dragon blew up, took out my front shields, then a basilisk blew me up. :hopping:
http://woogleville.myminicity.com/

Homer: Aw, twenty dollars! I wanted a peanut!
Homer's Brain: Twenty dollars can buy many peanuts.
Homer: Explain how.
Homer's Brain: Money can be exchanged for goods and services.
Homer: Woo-hoo!