Author Topic: Religion linked with antisocial behavior?  (Read 25376 times)

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Re: Religion linked with antisocial behavior?
and yes, that does mean hitler went to heaven if he asked for forgiveness
My mind reels to that Robot-Chicken gag where the guy is walking around heavan and comes across Hitler, who greets him with a befuddled "i'm as surprised as you are!". Good times, good times.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • FLAMES OF WAR

Any man can arbitrarily that which he does not like to be evil.  Some people use the same basis for arguements to justify stoning for 'immorality'.  By that basis, I can decide christianity is 'evil' and must be prohibited; I don't need to provide a rational explanation, just a belief.

Actually you do. The basic principles of Christianity (and practicly all monotheistic faiths) are good.
Mercy, love, respect for all life are not only moral but allso quite sound modes of behaviour.
Just saying "it's evil" doesn't cut it.

Pro-choice is simply permitting individuals to make a personal, moral, choice upon an issue where the harm is not rationally or legally measurably as it is when regarding to crimes where there is a clearly living individual.  Whether you like it or not, there is  no scientific 'proof' that states a foetus is a human individual with the rights accorded thereof; there is, however, such a proof for the mother, which is why her interests - mental and physical health - are given precedence within law.

Science is tapping in hte dark here. There's no telling whn (or IF at all) they will know when consiusness first appears. I won't even get into hte soul debate, as you would dismiss it immediately.

But one this is for sure - a fetus is going to become a full grown human. It's basis, it DNA has been formed and created with the conception. From that point on it is a distinct being.

Thus I consider abortion a horrid thing - as it kills the person that is going to be.

It's unfair and fallacious to compare cannibalism - or any crime against a person - to abortion so long as there is no concrete basis within law that defines a foetus/blastocycst/etc as a human individual.  Or, if you really want to make that comparison, recognise it's your own belief and legislating on the basis of that would be forcing others to follow that belief (whereas pro-choice legislation allows others to have a different belief - it obviously doesn't hold them to following a 'for' or 'against' opinion).

It's allo unfair and falacious to compare the action of fanaticly insane individuals (the foremantioned stoning) which is evil to Christianity.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

Any man can arbitrarily that which he does not like to be evil.  Some people use the same basis for arguements to justify stoning for 'immorality'.  By that basis, I can decide christianity is 'evil' and must be prohibited; I don't need to provide a rational explanation, just a belief.

Actually you do. The basic principles of Christianity (and practicly all monotheistic faiths) are good.
Mercy, love, respect for all life are not only moral but allso quite sound modes of behaviour.
Just saying "it's evil" doesn't cut it.

What, with the same God who decided to exterminate every living thing on the planet because he didn't like the way it was going?  The same one who decided to massacre Sodom & Gommorah for - as some would have it - homosexuality?  The God who sent plagues to kill innocent egyptians (babies) in exodus? Or, of course, who would damn people to hell for believing differently....

If you define morality by the bible, of course you say 'it's good'; you're conditioned by belief to do so.  But how come so much **** is done by people 'in the name of God' nowadays, like the Vaticans anti-condom policy or Islamic stonings under Shariah law?

Pro-choice is simply permitting individuals to make a personal, moral, choice upon an issue where the harm is not rationally or legally measurably as it is when regarding to crimes where there is a clearly living individual.  Whether you like it or not, there is  no scientific 'proof' that states a foetus is a human individual with the rights accorded thereof; there is, however, such a proof for the mother, which is why her interests - mental and physical health - are given precedence within law.

Science is tapping in hte dark here. There's no telling whn (or IF at all) they will know when consiusness first appears. I won't even get into hte soul debate, as you would dismiss it immediately.

But one this is for sure - a fetus is going to become a full grown human. It's basis, it DNA has been formed and created with the conception. From that point on it is a distinct being.

Thus I consider abortion a horrid thing - as it kills the person that is going to be.

Science is only in the dask in as far as it is concerned with death.  If you define death by the medical method of brain death, then you can only define life by the presence of sentient brain activity.

And, er, that's (progress to child) not sure.  Miscarriages, etc.  Plus, it does not matter one jot what the foetus may be, only what it is at the time of abortion.  I'd ask you answer this question - what is it that makes human beings worthy of protection under the law, as compared to other animals such as the ones we eat for food?

In any case, back to the crux of the matter - you can find abortion horrid if you want.  All I ask, is don't remove the option, because people might believe differently and they have every right and basis for doing so.

It's unfair and fallacious to compare cannibalism - or any crime against a person - to abortion so long as there is no concrete basis within law that defines a foetus/blastocycst/etc as a human individual.  Or, if you really want to make that comparison, recognise it's your own belief and legislating on the basis of that would be forcing others to follow that belief (whereas pro-choice legislation allows others to have a different belief - it obviously doesn't hold them to following a 'for' or 'against' opinion).

It's allo unfair and falacious to compare the action of fanaticly insane individuals (the foremantioned stoning) which is evil to Christianity.

So you speak for all Christians now?  You define what the bible means?  Or do you just have your own selected interpretation, which you think is right, but can't prove to be?

Because for all that, all religious morality is interpretative; it's a belief.  God isn't sitting on the ground saying 'x is wrong, y is wrong, z is ok' when people proclaim the bible means they should do x,y and z. Which is why, really, we need to have secular, rationally based morality.

EDIT; that is to say, religion is in my view inherently neutral.  Even when viewed - as is my view - as being something invented to enforce societal constraints upon action and morality, it can be used as a justification and indeed cause of both good and evil acts.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 06:07:14 am by aldo_14 »

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
<Sings in an Aled Jones type voice>

:o

Every sperm is sacred
Every Sperm is good
Every Sperm is needed
In your neighbourhood

All together for a Monty Python sing song! ;)
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
"Always look on the bright side of life  :lol:"
etc + repeat ad infinitum.....
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Mathwiz6

• Pees numbers
*SNIP*
EDIT; that is to say, religion is in my view inherently neutral.  Even when viewed - as is my view - as being something invented to enforce societal constraints upon action and morality, it can be used as a justification and indeed cause of both good and evil acts.

That's the main part I don't like. About it that is.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • FLAMES OF WAR
What, with the same God who decided to exterminate every living thing on the planet because he didn't like the way it was going?  The same one who decided to massacre Sodom & Gommorah for - as some would have it - homosexuality?  The God who sent plagues to kill innocent egyptians (babies) in exodus? Or, of course, who would damn people to hell for believing differently....

The world was never flooded. Notice that the Bible se "world" but you have to put it in the contexts of hte people who wrote it - to them the wearls was the land they lived in (they didn't know about other continents or far, distant lands).
Aside from that, Sodomah nad Gomorah were guilty of far more than homosexuality. Did that warrant their destruction? I don't know - I wasn't there and I don't know what exactly they did. Could be that the effects of God's wrath have been overblown by the old writers.
And plagues happen naturally all over the wrold. God for instance knew that the plauge would kill half the Europe. So if he were to send a man preaching hygene or damnation, would you blame him for the death of those who refuse?

Anyway, this point is a very interesting one, and really a lot can be said and discusses about it, but I'll leave that for another time.

If you define morality by the bible, of course you say 'it's good'; you're conditioned by belief to do so.  But how come so much **** is done by people 'in the name of God' nowadays, like the Vaticans anti-condom policy or Islamic stonings under Shariah law?

Not only becosue the Bible sez it so - it's beacose my basic sense of moral sez so, it's becose my logic sez it teh smart thing to do.
People can do bad things with even hte best things. I can kill you with a spoon. I cna kill you with sleeping pills. Does that make the sleeping pills or the spoon a evil and dangeous thing?

and a anti-condom policy is really far from evil. Strange, debatable, maby even questionalbe (to a point - I mean the only way to be REALYL sure is not to do it)

Science is only in the dask in as far as it is concerned with death.  If you define death by the medical method of brain death, then you can only define life by the presence of sentient brain activity.

Tere area  lot of living things that don't have brains. Does that mean they are not alive? Or that they cannot die?

And, er, that's (progress to child) not sure.  Miscarriages, etc.  Plus, it does not matter one jot what the foetus may be, only what it is at the time of abortion.  I'd ask you answer this question - what is it that makes human beings worthy of protection under the law, as compared to other animals such as the ones we eat for food?[/qote]

You wouldn't be thinking that if you were the one that got aborted. On second though - you wouldn't be thinking AT ALL.
Miscariages can happen. And you can also be run ver by a car. Does that mean I can kill you now, since chances are that you might not even reach the end of your natural life cycle?
A fetus is a human - it has the destinct DNA, it feeds and it grows.

And to answer the second question - not much. I really don't see humans as so uberly-extra-special..What makes us worthy? Probably nothing.. or just the decision of hte populace that there should be laws in the first place.

In any case, back to the crux of the matter - you can find abortion horrid if you want.  All I ask, is don't remove the option, because people might believe differently and they have every right and basis for doing so.

In case of complications, where the life of hte mother is in danger - then yes.

So you speak for all Christians now?  You define what the bible means?  Or do you just have your own selected interpretation, which you think is right, but can't prove to be?

Nope. Nope, I asked learned men that studied in Vatican. and apparently, you seem to have your own interpretation.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
Proofreading mother****er, do you do it?  :lol:

The world was never flooded. Notice that the Bible se "world" but you have to put it in the contexts of hte people who wrote it - to them the wearls was the land they lived in (they didn't know about other continents or far, distant lands).

ah, so you do subscribe to the black sea deluge theory (a fairly well evidenced one)  - atleast you have some brains

Aside from that, Sodomah nad Gomorah were guilty of far more than homosexuality.

you act as if you have real solid grounds to say homosexuality is bad - you don't

And plagues happen naturally all over the wrold. God for instance knew that the plauge would kill half the Europe. So if he were to send a man preaching hygene or damnation, would you blame him for the death of those who refuse?

he did neither, he sent superstitious followers who killed off cats, who could have reduced the problem, because they were "evil" and therefore were automatically the cause

Not only becosue the Bible sez it so - it's beacose my basic sense of moral sez so,

your "Basic sense of moral" is BASED off the bible - making that statement circular logic

it's becose my logic sez it teh smart thing to do.

Something can be both logically consistent, and incorrect.  That being if it's set off false premises that are assumed to be correct.

People can do bad things with even hte best things. I can kill you with a spoon. I cna kill you with sleeping pills. Does that make the sleeping pills or the spoon a evil and dangeous thing?

Those aren't analogous to religion - religion INSPIRES violence, hatred, bigotry and ignorance

and a anti-condom policy is really far from evil

no it's EXACTLY evil - as it's actively discouraging safe sex practices

You wouldn't be thinking that if you were the one that got aborted. On second though - you wouldn't be thinking AT ALL.

no ****, however YOU DON'T HAVE RIGHTS UNTIL YOU'RE AND INDIVIDUAL - infact there is no "you" until then.  A foetus is not a person, it does not have rights, even if it did the mothers right's come first - you cannot be required to give up your bodily integrity for the sake of another.  Once a featus becomes and individual it has rights - and it has those retroactively.

Miscariages can happen. And you can also be run ver by a car. Does that mean I can kill you now, since chances are that you might not even reach the end of your natural life cycle?

false analogy and avoiding the issue

Humans aren't special.  there are many cells in my body that have distinct DNA, there are subparts of cells that have seperate DNA than the cell itself.  HAving unique DNA, and feeding and growing doesn't make something an individual.  Nor is human life special

the mother is ALWAYS in danger from merely being pregnant.  Preganancy is not a safe thing - it is a risky thing.  By the Bad Samiritan Doctrine you cannot be required to give up your bodily safety and integrity for the sake of another, ever, even if that means the other dies.  It's your body, it's your right to say "no, i'm not giving of my body for thesake of another".

PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

Aside from that, Sodomah nad Gomorah were guilty of far more than homosexuality. Did that warrant their destruction? I don't know - I wasn't there and I don't know what exactly they did. Could be that the effects of God's wrath have been overblown by the old writers.

Anyway, this point is a very interesting one, and really a lot can be said and discusses about it, but I'll leave that for another time.

This is exactly what you mean; you're determining what is and what is not meant by the bible on a personal basis and being interpretative over the meaning of the book.

Not only becosue the Bible sez it so - it's beacose my basic sense of moral sez so, it's becose my logic sez it teh smart thing to do.

(sez?)

I already addressed that in the edited bit... except I'm not sure how it can be one of the 'best things' if evil can be done.  I'd say it makes it a neutral thing; like a spoon is a neutral thing, or sleeping pills.

and a anti-condom policy is really far from evil. Strange, debatable, maby even questionalbe (to a point - I mean the only way to be REALYL sure is not to do it)

Well, it's been pretty much proven to lead to deaths due to aids; whether or not you like pre-marital sex, there's no question that it occurs, and no question that the Vatican launching a campaign to stop and scare people from using condoms, or deny access to sexual advice in Africa, only hurts people.  Surely telling people condoms are ineffective against aids using reasoning known to be wrong (aids viral size vs condom pore size whilst ingoring the transmission medium) - i.e. lying - must be a sin?

Tere area  lot of living things that don't have brains. Does that mean they are not alive? Or that they cannot die?

No, it means they aren't human (well, animal) life.

And, er, that's (progress to child) not sure.  Miscarriages, etc.  Plus, it does not matter one jot what the foetus may be, only what it is at the time of abortion.  I'd ask you answer this question - what is it that makes human beings worthy of protection under the law, as compared to other animals such as the ones we eat for food?

Exactly!  And I would never have been thinking.  That's the whole point I'm making, as I shall elucidate just a bit below.

The whole crux of the abortion arguement is about the present situation, not future.  At present, I am a sentient human being, ergo your analogy is completely wrong.  Perhaps a more appropriate example would be if I was brain-dead and on life support with an unknown prognosis? (if we wish to reflect the physical situation of the foetus more accurately).

It is not a human individual; even tumour cells have human DNA, feed and grow.  So does a brain-dead patient (yeah, they need a food supply to feed, but so does a foetus).  Identical twins have identical DNA, but are individual, so individuality clearly is not predicated by DNA uniqueness (unless you wish to view twins as some sort of gestalt entity with a single individual right shared across 2 bodies).

And to answer the second question - not much. I really don't see humans as so uberly-extra-special..What makes us worthy? Probably nothing.. or just the decision of hte populace that there should be laws in the first place.

So you don't have an answer as to why there are laws protecting humans rather than, say, sheep as well?  Might I suggest sentience and self-awareness as a reason.  Humanity values itself on the basis of being aware of the shortness and nature of life; this is the cogniscence that makes us rank ourselves as superior to the animals we feed on, etc.  We protect not human life, but human thought; self-awareness, sentience, cogniscence, individuality, etc.  This is why we measure death by brain death.

What about the mental health of the mother?

Nope. Nope, I asked learned men that studied in Vatican. and apparently, you seem to have your own interpretation.

What about those learned men that didn't study in the Vatican, but in the Church of England, or the Orthodox church, or any of the other various creeds of Christianity?  Y'know, like the ones that consider roman catholicism to be idolatory in 'worshipping' the Pope, etc (as an example of schism).

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
How far would you be willing to go with that? I mean, would you allow an abortion if the mother was definintely going to die? What about if she would probably die, how about then? How about if there was a reasonable chance she might be severely injured by the birth, what about then? Just where do you draw the line where the foetus' life becomes more important than the mothers?

Moreover, what about the child after it's born? You seem to mock the idea that an abortion might be prudent should the child face mortal danger when it comes unto life, but have you truly considered it? You balk at the idea of aborting a foetus out of mercy, but you fail to realise that there are indeed far worse fates than a quick, painless death in this world. Fates that may await that very child upon birth and his early years.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
This is relevant to the Ginger twat and the moany cow from Eastenders last night, Anyone else wanna smack Bradley in th eface with a golf club?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Nuclear1

Aside from that, Sodomah nad Gomorah were guilty of far more than homosexuality.
you act as if you have real solid grounds to say homosexuality is bad - you don't

He never said that. He said that Sodom and Gomorrah were guilty of much more than homosexuality, though it was a rampant problem (hence the term sodomy). He could have destroyed it for any number of reasons; godlessness, worshipping idols, or other sexual sins that they apparently were committing.

And it's quite hypocritical of you to criticize someone else of having poor grammar and spelling; sure, Trash's English might be shoddy, but he's got an excuse: he's not from an English-speaking country. You, however, live in the USA, and don't even start a sentence with a capital letter, among some other glaring problems.

your "Basic sense of moral" is BASED off the bible - making that statement circular logic

But is it really too terrible to base one's moral sense off of what the Bible teaches? It all depends on what the believer is taught or chooses to practice; I personally don't practice condemning homosexuals or anything that could be considered racist or ethnocentrist, but I do practice love your neighbor as yourself. Does that make me automatically a bigoted, hypocritical person because I got my sense of morals from church, or that I was raised and taught morals in what could be considered the Northern extension of your "bigot belt"?

no it's EXACTLY evil - as it's actively discouraging safe sex practices

Sex is intended for reproduction, no? It's terrific how the human body works that reproduction is encouraged by sex being extremely pleasurable, but does that mean we should indulge in it at every given opportunity? Of course you can prevent fertilization by using condoms and pills, but what if the condom breaks or the pill doesn't work and sex does what it was intended to do?

My point is that sex, while it might be fun, has its consequences. If you're talking about safe sex between a married couple, that's great, but not between two people who just want to **** around--if she gets pregnant as a result of it, you'd better be ****ing able to take care of that baby and not just run down to the abortion clinic to avoid responsibility for your actions. Unless there's a very legitimate reason for aborting the baby (and I mean extreme physical danger to the mother), you should be willing to have that baby and take care of it.

But that's just my ranting. Continue, please...
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Wobble73

• Steam
Then there's the "Morning After Pill" which can be taken upto 72 hours after sex. If the girl was made pregnant and took this pill, where do you stand on that??

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Sex is intended for reproduction, no? It's terrific how the human body works that reproduction is encouraged by sex being extremely pleasurable, but does that mean we should indulge in it at every given opportunity? Of course you can prevent fertilization by using condoms and pills, but what if the condom breaks or the pill doesn't work and sex does what it was intended to do?

My point is that sex, while it might be fun, has its consequences. If you're talking about safe sex between a married couple, that's great, but not between two people who just want to **** around--if she gets pregnant as a result of it, you'd better be ****ing able to take care of that baby and not just run down to the abortion clinic to avoid responsibility for your actions. Unless there's a very legitimate reason for aborting the baby (and I mean extreme physical danger to the mother), you should be willing to have that baby and take care of it.

Why is non-reproductive sex considered bad, again?

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
Then there's the "Morning After Pill" which can be taken upto 72 hours after sex. If the girl was made pregnant and took this pill, where do you stand on that??

the morning after pill cannot destroy an already existing pregnancy (IE if the egg is fertilized and implanted the morning after pill has zero effect on it)

Offline Wobble73

• Steam
@ Kazan    Which is why it is only effective upto 72 hours later!! But it is still a potential pregnancy!!

@ Aldo    Because we do it for only pleasure, and as all good catholics know, doing things for pleasure is a bad thing, such as masturbation!! :lol:

Offline Nuclear1

You can't really have non-reproductive sex if the male and female reproductive organs are together during orgasm. It might not be intended, but it sure is a consequence. Condoms and pills don't work 100% of the time, and the only reason I say that it's bad is because people most of the time aren't willing to take care of the baby that it produces. While I'm not anti-abortion, it does sicken me that two people who mess around one night and find out that the girl's pregnant can go down to the nearest abortion clinic and just rid of themselves of any responsibility for their actions. Of course, there are certain cases where the mother's life would in danger, but otherwise, the parents should be bloody well able to take care of the baby or at least willing to put it up for adoption if something goes wrong.

And just as a sidenote, I don't base any of my beliefs in this matter on religious teachings--I base it off of personal responsibility and common sense.

the morning after pill cannot destroy an already existing pregnancy (IE if the egg is fertilized and implanted the morning after pill has zero effect on it)

Exactly. I put it in the same category as a condom or any other pill.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

You can't really have non-reproductive sex if the male and female reproductive organs are together during orgasm. It might not be intended, but it sure is a consequence. Condoms and pills don't work 100% of the time, and the only reason I say that it's bad is because people most of the time aren't willing to take care of the baby that it produces. While I'm not anti-abortion, it does sicken me that two people who mess around one night and find out that the girl's pregnant can go down to the nearest abortion clinic and just rid of themselves of any responsibility for their actions. Of course, there are certain cases where the mother's life would in danger, but otherwise, the parents should be bloody well able to take care of the baby or at least willing to put it up for adoption if something goes wrong.

And just as a sidenote, I don't base any of my beliefs in this matter on religious teachings--I base it off of personal responsibility and common sense.

Sorry, I'm not sure you've actually given a reason for sex for the purposes of pleasure being bad.  All I can see is a criticism of abortion, not having sex with sensible precautions.

EDIT; as a side question - what about sex after you've had a vasectomy or hysterectomy?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 09:07:18 am by aldo_14 »

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
Sorry, I'm not sure you've actually given a reason for sex for the purposes of pleasure being bad.  All I can see is a criticism of abortion, not having sex with sensible precautions.

all i can see (him, not you) is a culturally and personally immature noob who thinks he has the right to tell other people how to use their bodies.

IMHO getting an abortion is MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH more responsible than bringing the baby into the world very often.  he somehow sees that as "shirking their responsibility" - they HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY TO A HARDLY DIFFERENTIATED CLUSTER OF PARASITIC CELLS!

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Er, you might want to tone down a bit there Kaz, the lad is allowed to express his opinion without being insulted or barracked, regardless of whether you or I agree with it.