Author Topic: Crash bug  (Read 2988 times)

Whenever I try to play FSPort, I get to the pilot login screen and when I click "select", the game crashes with an error message only saying that fs2_open_367.ex.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. I am very sure it is the file fsport3_0_3.vp causing this, and I do not have any other mods installed. Nobody else seems to have this error, and I really am at a loss as to what causes this. Any help? :(

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Are you using an old or new pilot file? And is the error fs2_open_367.ex.exe, because if it is, then that's just screwey. Could it be a mainhall problem?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Whenever I try to play FSPort, I get to the pilot login screen and when I click "select", the game crashes with an error message only saying that fs2_open_367.ex.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. I am very sure it is the file fsport3_0_3.vp causing this, and I do not have any other mods installed. Nobody else seems to have this error, and I really am at a loss as to what causes this. Any help? :(

How are you sure?  If you delete the fsport3_0_3.vp, does the error go away?

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
1. Why are you using 3.6.7?

2. Why does your file have *.ex.exe file type?

If I'm not very wrong, it's not a big wonder if port 3.0.3 doesn't work with FS2_Open_3.6.7 release build... :nervous:
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I thought the ex.exe might've been a typo.

How are you sure?  If you delete the fsport3_0_3.vp, does the error go away?
Yes.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
And ex.exe, typo or does the debug actually say that? And is it a new pilot file or?

It really says that, and no, they aren't named blahblah.ex.exe in the FS2 folder. I'm using a new pilot file.

Edit: If I download 2.3 and then patch it to 3.0.3, I can get past the pilot screen, but when I try to play the FS1 campaign, I am given a Ulysses with no weapons on the first mission. If I try to play Silent Threat, the game simply crashes.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It really says that, and no, they aren't named blahblah.ex.exe in the FS2 folder. I'm using a new pilot file.

Edit: If I download 2.3 and then patch it to 3.0.3, I can get past the pilot screen, but when I try to play the FS1 campaign, I am given a Ulysses with no weapons on the first mission. If I try to play Silent Threat, the game simply crashes.

When does the game crash? When you select the campaign? When you start the mission? Briefing? Command Briefing? Loadout? etc.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I believe that Port 3+ require builds newer than FSO 3.6.7.  You should realy be using 3.6.9 RC7.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
when I try to play the FS1 campaign, I am given a Ulysses with no weapons on the first mission.

This tells me that you set up the mod incorrectly.  Post screenshots of your C:\Games\FreeSpace2 folder and your C:\Games\FreeSpace2\fsport folder.