Author Topic: Communication with Earth - Merged  (Read 9640 times)

Offline Harbinger of DOOM

• Three fries short of a Happy Meal.
Re: Why didn't anyone try THIS?
OR
This whole thing was going to be a plot device in FS3 and you guys are reading too much into this?
aldo_14 ~ "The ego has landed."
an0n ~ "Wheee, I can spam and no-one will notice!"

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
OR
This discussion is going too close to the Unmetionable Topic.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
when you say debiers could it be like I don' know perhaps the damn Lucifer blowing up creating some sort of masive subspace disturbance that prevents comunications or make them damn hard to get out of the sistem?

Or the GTVA command is just beeing stupid and doesnt want people to know they have contact with SOL! don't ask me why they would do such a thing cuz we all know by know that 90% of what GTVA command does makes no sense and is devoid  o any sort of rational thinking and logic.
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Seeing how Sol is obviously no longer capable of even keeping radio/TV stations on air (even those could be detected with good telescopes acting together as interferometres), I don't think they could send people away on cryo ships or any other way... :rolleyes:

Why in the hell would the GTA still be using radio and TV when it's quite obvious that they already have a form of FTL communication small enough to be used on fighters?

Hell even now TV might be on its way out as the Internet is starting to show signs of taking over.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even so...it would be damn hard for the GTA to make contact with the Sol sistem...! Why?

Because as far as we know they are using some sort of subspace com. sistems to be able to talk live so speak otherwise it would be imposibl for GTVA command to know what happenes and what orders to give.

If they are indeed relling of subspace com. then  the fact that they cannot comunicate with Sol would be more the plausibel since there are no jumpnodes to use for com.

The real question here should be has the sol jumpnode been completely destroyed or merely crashed as in become too unstable for any ships of the GTVA or com. to get through. However I believe that such a badly damaged node would be almost imposible even for the shivans to use for com. let alone get a ship through it.

Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: Communication with Earth still possible
Sorry to :necro:

but on the subject of the original topic...

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,11501.0.html

BEHOLD !
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: Communication with Earth still possible
You necro'd this thread to make an even bigger necro, by proxy? :wtf:

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Re: Communication with Earth - Merged