Author Topic: FreeSpace Open Installer ≠ Freespace2 Online Installer  (Read 1130 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
FreeSpace Open Installer ≠ Freespace2 Online Installer
The FreeSpace Open Installer can easily be confused with the Freespace2 Online Installer.  Just to clear things up, FSOI installs FS2, Open, mods, everything... F2OI installs just retail, correct?

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Re: FreeSpace Open Installer ≠ Freespace2 Online Installer
The FreeSpace Open Installer can easily be confused with the Freespace2 Online Installer.  Just to clear things up, FSOI installs FS2, Open, mods, everything... F2OI installs just retail, correct?

That's half-correct.

FS2 Online Installer has an option to grab the Open Installer (last time I checked) and use it. However, there's some bugs with it, which I'll fix when I get some free time, but for now, I'd recommend that everyone use the Open Installer until I get these bugs ironed out.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
...Can't [DW]-Hunter fix it?
@[DW]: ?

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
...Can't [DW]-Hunter fix it?
@[DW]: ?

It'll probably be faster if I fix it.

EDIT: As evidenced by the fact that I just fixed it. The Retail Online Installer now has the ability to tell the Open Installer what it has downloaded. It's not perfect, as if you do something like install the Act 1 Command Animations, but not Act 2 or 3, it'll still think you have them all, but it's a lot better than it was.

Unfortunately, it still doesn't download the fixed root_fs2.vp, but since the fix is only needed for multi, it's not that big of a problem with retail.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 12:13:11 pm by Turey »
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.