Author Topic: DeusEx  (Read 5294 times)

Offline ZylonBane

• The Infamous
Smuggler is invulnerable.

I tried to include Anna Navarre, but she can't be knocked out, only killed. And of course, she explodes when killed.

All the UNATCO troopers are from the 'Ton, Hell's Kitchen, the warehouse, and Battery Park. The MJ12 are from their secret lab in the sewers. Most of the MJ12 lab isn't included in this version of the Hell's Kiten map (all the entrances get blocked with rubble), but they were nice enough to leave a token guard behind. :)
ZylonBane's opinions do not represent those of the management.

Offline Davros

you can also pick up the couches and barricade the door to give you more time

Offline ZylonBane

• The Infamous
Uhh... more time for for what?  :wtf:

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
Uhh... more time for for what?  :wtf:

SSHHH! :whisper:  I think Davros has a thing for Paul! :whisper: ;7 :drevil:
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline ZylonBane

• The Infamous
Ah, he was responding to something eight posts up without quoting it.

Genius!

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Ah, he was responding to something eight posts up without quoting it.

Genius!
I got it on the first go though.

Fear my mental abilities.

Well it's either that or just expecting the stupid from people.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
One interesting thing to try doing in this level is to cheat and summon Ford Schick. He talks to you. As far as I can tell, this conversation is never used in the game, as Schick doesn't appear again after the first time you see him. You can also do this the third time you go to that area (after Hong Kong) for another unused conversation.

Actually, for that matter, I can't resist posting my old list of crap to do in this game. The first three are especially relevant to the thread. :D

1: There is a lot of fun stuff to do in the 'Ton hotel map, the second time you go there (when Paul is there and the big fight is about to start). Stand in front of Paul and throw a grenade of some kind towards the bookshelf. Paul will run into the bathroom and then start walking back to his seat. You need to stand just inside the bathroom doorway as he does this. If you are at the right spot, he will bump into you, walk into the open door, and start running. Right after you hear five footsteps, back away. Paul will slide (i.e. move without any leg motion, as if he's standing on ice) out the door and somewhere to the left. The speed of the slide depends on where you're standing and how long you take to back away.

After trying this a few times, you'll probably find that he sometimes slides as far as the closet door but gets stuck on the door frame. If you position the comfy chair next to that door at an angle, he can bypass the frame and slide straight into the closet. If he manages to get to the opposite corner of the closet, he seems to get stuck and just stares at the wall without trying to come out. You can close the door and lock him in there.

This sliding effect can be seen in many other places too, but this is the easiest way of doing it.

2: Make Paul go into the bathroom as before, but follow him inside this time and put the frying pan from the shelf in front of the door, so that it's in his way. When he tries to open the door, he will run in a circle around the pan and make two or three revolutions before sliding off in some random direction. Small changes in the pan's position can cause him to slide in completely different directions. You can add other junk onto the pan to make him run around in various interesting patterns. A fun challenge is to get him to slide into the bedroom or the shower, which is very hard but possible.

3: Same thing as before, but this time, talk to Paul first (to summon the MIBs and troops) before sending him into the bathroom. The grenade explosion will usually attract the enemies' attention. Go inside with him and close the door. He will hear the enemy footsteps, stand behind the door and look down to see where the noise is coming from. Open the door briefly and fire a few shots into the other side. When they fire back, close the door immediately, so that Paul hears the gunfire and gets angry but can't leave the bathroom. When he starts running around, crouch and throw down a scramble or EMP grenade right in front of the door. Paul won't know whether to attack the MIBs or run from the grenade and will vibrate very rapidly as he tries to decide what to do.

4: In the Versalife MJ12 level, the MJ12 troops and the MIBs/WIBs are on different alliance groups and will attack each other if they see the other party shooting. Fire a few shots in the troops' quarters and when they get angry at you, quickly dart into the large lab room. The MIBs and troops will get into a big fight. If you get lucky, it's even possible to instigate the fight without firing any shots yourself; when you release the greasels and the MIBs attack them, the fleeing scientists will occasionally draw the troops' attention.

5: In the same place, find the MIB with the flamethrower and a gas barrel next to him. You can poke a hole in the barrel and if it's in a certain place, the MIB strangely won't notice the gas even though it's hurting him. This is tricky, as you need to position the barrel just right or he'll run away, but it can be done.

6: In the NYC streets map (the first time you go there), fire a gunshot or two in the train station where you start. The bums will all run around each other in a tight circle. Paul doesn't notice or care.

7: There is something strange about the door leading to Manderley's office the second time you go to UNATCO HQ, when Simons is talking to him. It rebounds off anything it hits and JC makes a funny noise when bumping into it. Bring a comfy chair and hold it up as Simons comes out. When he opens the door (notice how he does it), you need to rush inside, put down the chair behind you and close the door before he walks out. Place the chair a little outside the doorway, or else the door will destroy the chair, but not too far since it needs to block Simons from leaving. If you placed it right, Simons will get stuck between the chair and door and repeatedly make the generic pain noise when the door bumps into him. If you really get lucky, you may be able to squeeze behind the door with Simons on the other side, resulting in a continuous chain of loud grunting noises from both JC and Simons and the door rapidly bouncing/vibrating between them.

A metal crate would work better than the chair here since it's indestructible, but I don't think there are any in that level.

8: In the 747 hangar map, after Paul tells you he works for the NSF, fire a few pot shots at the security bot, enough to get it mad at you, and go hide behind Paul. Some of the bot's gunfire will inevitably hit him, causing him to go ballistic and destroy both the bot and any NSF troops he sees. When he has calmed down, he will berate you for "killing" the troops.

9: Go up to a mirror and use a combat knife repeatedly while strafing left and right. It will look like JC is sawing off his own head.

Offline Roanoke

I managed to get Simons to go all poltergeist in the Aqua Lab but forgot to save the picture. I fired a GEP before the cut scene could trigger (as per usual) but it hit him as the scene triggered, cancelling the conversation and leaving Simons kinda semi-transulcent and not responding to any gunshots, other than the usual pain grunts.

I'll try again and see if I can get a response from him.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Simons was easy to kill. I killed him in a single hit from the Dragon Tooth, or whatever that RAM sword was.