Author Topic: OLD FreeSpace Open Installer  (Read 762625 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Re: FreeSpace Open Installer! Download it now!
The .exes are smaller or larger depending on the changes to their code. :wtf:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
But the BtRL .EXEs haven't been changed, and neither have the FS2 core VPs.  The final .EXEs don't change.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The BtRL exes changed when we patched the game.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Must've been small changes, the difference was only bytes for each of them.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Why would you expect code changes to result in large changes in size?

Any reason why 3.6.10 doesn't have Text-to-Speech?

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Because it's only an unofficial build.

Official Build Expected When?

JAD3 is funnier when you don't have to dodge Shivans and read at the same time.

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Because it's only an unofficial build.

That's not quite the reason.

All official builds have speech compiled in. Beyond that it's up to the individual coder. For instance my builds always have speech compiled in cause I use the feature heavily when testing missions.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Oops. Sorry Spartan.When I looked at your first post I thought you said "Speech recognition". No, text-to-speech is a standard feature, has been from at least 3.6.7 IIRC. Hence, since the RC builds are built on the previous version of the SCP, it should be in 3.6.10 unofficial.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Uh, dude? 3.6.10 is both official and unofficial. When they announce a 3.6.10 release, it's official. Consider the latest builds we have right now (Xt builds) 3.6.10 alphas or betas.

Also, did you read karajorma's post?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
But the 3.6.10 builds just add on to 3.6.9. If text-to-voice is in 3.6.9, why would they remove it in any build?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Both speech recognition and speech synthesis are Windows only features requiring the presence of Microsoft's SAPI on the coders machine. The project files must be set up to build using SAPI or the exe must be compiled with the switches to allow both features turned off.

Taylor always turns on the feature for official builds but doesn't bother with any others. I always have it turned on since rather than manually set up new project files when I want a new branch I just diff an old one with WinMerge and that makes it less hassle keep them turned on than it would be to turn them off again.

Other coders may or may not depending on whatever they were doing.

So, any downloads I can get to enable text-to-speech? I'm not seeing it in the launcher.

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Why do you want 3.6.10 anyway? Unless you've got a showstopper bug with 3.6.9 or are willing to help beta test you're probably better sticking with 3.6.9.

If you are willing to test you can try this build of mine if you want. You'll need 7Zip or equivalent to unpack it though. It's based on CVS so it won't have the extras of a xt build.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Persona changes? What kinds?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
An experimental SEXP to let you change them on the fly and another one to let you determine who has done damage to whom. Neither are guaranteed to be in 3.6.10 (or 3.6.11 for that matter) so don't get too attached to them.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Sounds like a good idea for ships with copilots though.

Why do you want 3.6.10 anyway? Unless you've got a showstopper bug with 3.6.9 or are willing to help beta test you're probably better sticking with 3.6.9.

If you are willing to test you can try this build of mine if you want. You'll need 7Zip or equivalent to unpack it though. It's based on CVS so it won't have the extras of a xt build.

Didn't mean to get it, just grabbed Turey's Installer and it installed 3.6.10. I needed it after I had to reinstall FreeSpace 2.... :ick:

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
An experimental SEXP to let you change them on the fly and another one to let you determine who has done damage to whom. Neither are guaranteed to be in 3.6.10 (or 3.6.11 for that matter) so don't get too attached to them.
To determine who has done damage to whom? How is it displayed?