Author Topic: did Michael Jackson write the music for Sonic 3?  (Read 2424 times)

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
did Michael Jackson write the music for Sonic 3?
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Re: did Michael Jackson write the music for Sonic 3?
Heh, unlikely I'd say, there were one or two striking similarities, but a lot of it is down to musical theory. Take the whole Chord Progression thing, if two songs are in the same key and the same style, it's hardly cryptic to claim they use the same chords in a different order. After all, Status Quo have, by their own admission, made a career out of it :)

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I'm pretty sure it was probably based on his music.  Considering they wanted to put what was "good" music in pop culture at the time in the game.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Either way, the Carnivavl Night music is pretty much exact. Again, could just be some sort of tribute. The others sound more like simple same-chord coincidence. There aren't an unlimited number of chords after all.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Cyker

Weak.

You can do this matchup thing with almost any song.

I remember a similar conclusion about stuff being ripped-off being drawn about all the DOOM music tracks, and also the Streets of Rage tracks, back in the day.

It's likely MJ's music had some influence on the composer of the tunes - This is not unusual, and that sort of thing seems quite common (Just look at modern chart music...), but the conclusions drawn are a bit of a stretch...