Author Topic: TESTING NEEDED- The Exodus (Not a Remake!)  (Read 2769 times)

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
TESTING NEEDED- The Exodus (Not a Remake!)
I was bored last week so I made myself busy with a spin-off mini-campaign (you can barely call it that, it's only really one mission) that takes place just before the mission "A Flaming Sword". You'll fly as Beta leader of the 409th Flaming Dragons, an elite fighter squadron flying the Erinyes *cough* PLOTHOLE *cough*. The 409th are to cover the knossos until their assigned ships have made it through, and then get the hell out of there.

I haven't completely finished either mission yet, but they're in a playable state. I'm waiting on your feedback for the changes I should make.

http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?view.510

Includes Custom Soundtrack :P

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Re: TESTING NEEDED- The Exodus (Not a Remake!)
Currently giving this the run-through.
lol...plothole.

Music is VERY fitting to FreeSpace I think. :D
Reminds me of DarkStar One music almost.

:jaw: MASSIVE SHIVAN ASSAULT OH SHI---

The ship you fly being armed with Rockeyes at the second half will be fixed right? :P
Nevermind, isn't necessary.

Really nice mission, well done.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 11:38:18 pm by Commander Zane »

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Currently giving this the run-through.
lol...plothole.

Music is VERY fitting to FreeSpace I think. :D
Reminds me of DarkStar One music almost.

:jaw: MASSIVE SHIVAN ASSAULT OH SHI---

The ship you fly being armed with Rockeyes at the second half will be fixed right? :P
Nevermind, isn't necessary.

Really nice mission, well done.

Thanks, yeah I'm a big fan of electro-rock and I think it deserves a place in Freespace, it suits the environment pretty well IMO.

The second mission was really there to give it the closure/ending, like at the end of Saving Private Ryan the reinforcements show up and the battle's over, and it brings you back down from the adrenaline rush during the battle.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
When I got to the end part I had 6% hull integrity and about 40% of my fighter support was down so I was sitting there with Joe's "BRING IT ON!!!" (Family Guy) anticipation. :D
So when I had to go to the fighterbay and end the mission I was like "Aw..."

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
When I got to the end part I had 6% hull integrity and about 40% of my fighter support was down so I was sitting there with Joe's "BRING IT ON!!!" (Family Guy) anticipation. :D
So when I had to go to the fighterbay and end the mission I was like "Aw..."

:lol: :lol:

When I got to that part I was about the same as well, I thought making the player do anymore fighting would be counted as "FRED-er Cruelty"  :pimp:

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I wouldn't necessarily reach that part with so much damage if I didn't have Fighterkillers and MX-52s modded to go 1,500 m/s (To match with the other Fast Mod missiles) all up the ass from the Moloch. :P

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
I wouldn't necessarily reach that part with so much damage if I didn't have Fighterkillers and MX-52s modded to go 1,500 m/s (To match with the other Fast Mod missiles) all up the ass from the Moloch. :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: x10

Offline eliex

I'll give this a try when I've got time. DL'ing now.  :)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Anyway, I've been wondering, is this music you get for your missions the same artist or is it all spread out?

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Anyway, I've been wondering, is this music you get for your missions the same artist or is it all spread out?

I use free-rights music from here: http://freeplaymusic.com/

If you scroll down to the "Electro-Rock-Overdrive" cd volumes that's my main source of music. I used pieces from Volume 5 for High Noon and pieces from Volumes 3+4 (I think) for The Exodus.