Author Topic: I'm curious about something in Halo2  (Read 3795 times)

Offline Roanoke

I'm curious about something in Halo2
When/how do you suppose the flood gained control of the In Amber Clad ? IIRC the last time you saw it is the end of Quarantine Zone as The Arbiter entered the lift/trolley/thing.

Got the soundtrack to the original Halo off ebay too, as it happens.

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
Re: I'm curious about something in Halo2
them flood are crafty, i'm sure they infested a pelican first, then the in amber clad
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
I think that's more or less how it happened. Pelicans were all over.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
In Amber Clad landed on the surface, the containment shield went down, crafty flood get on board.

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
In Amber Clad landed on the surface, the containment shield went down, crafty flood get on board.

that's doubtful, while a ship like that is quite capable of entering a planetary atmosphere, it's profile prohibits it from landing on solid ground.

do some research, dude.
it's method of deployment is possibly akin to how the truth and reconciliation operated, it holds above a surface, and deploys troops and weapons via pelican transports. or drop pods.
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I thought the In Amber Clad crashed and was heavily damaged? (and no, I don't mean the Pillar of Autumn)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
I thought the In Amber Clad crashed and was heavily damaged? (and no, I don't mean the Pillar of Autumn)

it was before it crashed into a pillar inside high charity.
   //Warning\\

Offline Roanoke

that's doubtful, while a ship like that is quite capable of entering a planetary atmosphere, it's profile prohibits it from landing on solid ground.

do some research, dude.
it's method of deployment is possibly akin to how the truth and reconciliation operated, it holds above a surface, and deploys troops and weapons via pelican transports. or drop pods.

That's what I was thinking. Highly unlikely it would land on the surface.  I also doubt a flood infeted Pelican could dock without detection (but I'm not gonna over analise it tho).

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté

do some research, dude.

That's what I was thinking. Highly unlikely it would land on the surface.  I also doubt a flood infeted Pelican could dock without detection (but I'm not gonna over analise it tho).

a kamikaze attack could do it. wouldn't take a lot to get a foothold.
   //Warning\\

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Keep in mind the crew of the IAC has not dealt with the flood before, and probably didn't understand why a pelican with no life signs could possibly be dangerous.

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
Keep in mind the crew of the IAC has not dealt with the flood before, and probably didn't understand why a pelican with no life signs could possibly be dangerous.

it prolly had a skeleton crew on it at best, ill equipped to deal with the flood threat
   //Warning\\

Offline brozozo

• Used to be d3r3k.
    • MySpace

do some research, dude.

I was going to ask where you got that schematic, but the IMG code filled me in. Thanks.

Offline Maxwell

The damage covenant ship in halo 1 was infected even tho it was landed/hovering above the surface.
Wild guess is just as the covenant lift system didn't pay attention to whoever it was bringing aboard, the terran ship (if landed on landing gear or hovering on some anti grav field with lifts) had a similar weakness.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Or, as seen in the Halo Graphic Novel, the flood hijacked a dropship on the surface

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
In Quarentine zone when the specops commander leaves you to the moving thingy, the In Amber Clad is seen touched down close to the location of the moving thing Sarge/Miranda were riding. Presumably they boarded and took control there when they killed Sarge's egress team.
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Roanoke

speaking of Quarantine Zone, what do you suppose that platform is that you immediatley see get shot down ? human ?

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Nah, it was definitely Forerunner architecture.

****, why the hell do I remember that?