Author Topic: Desert Gunner  (Read 2814 times)

Offline Inquisitor

http://www.fusiongames.com/Store/DesertGunner/index.html

We worked on this as a contract, while the content itself is morally ambiguous, the GAME is fun. Some of our guys get some residuals, so if you like it, buy it :)
No signature.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Looks interesting, not normally my thing, but I'm downloading the free levels now for a look-see. If nothing else, it's worth supporting you back :)

Offline Inquisitor

Its not a deep game, and it plays like what it really is, an Arcade shooter (think the kind you put quarters in), but the guy who contracted us thought it might make a fun PC release as well, so there you have it.

You may see it pop up in Arcades in the near future. Think of my guys when you see it ;)
No signature.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Its not a deep game, and it plays like what it really is, an Arcade shooter (think the kind you put quarters in), but the guy who contracted us thought it might make a fun PC release as well, so there you have it.

You may see it pop up in Arcades in the near future. Think of my guys when you see it ;)

Whoah whoah, are you part of Digital Fusion? O_o

Because if you are, what's with Beach Head 2000? That game gets freaking boring after the first 10 or so levels. :P
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 01:00:00 pm by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Inquisitor

We did contract work for them.
No signature.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
We did contract work for them.

Ah. Now it's clear to me, thanks.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Inquisitor

As I understand beach head though, its meant to be a quarter pumper. The fact you can play it on a PC is just gravy for them. Its less about depth of gameplay and more about shooting things.

Desert Gunner is a short step above that, gameplay wise. Its not FS2 or even DHL, but I think we did a good job on it for what it is.
No signature.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
I had a little play on it, and it was certainly fun. I think if I had to complain I'd ask for a little more variety in the audio and for a bit more responsiveness in the aiming of the various weapons - but other than that it was very intuitive and I enjoyed it. Cheers!

Offline Inquisitor

Try Kachinko (other thread) :)
No signature.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I played with it a little bit, and it's a little hard, because in less than 30 seconds my tank is destroyed.