Author Topic: Wii wii wii, all the way home?  (Read 19690 times)

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Re: Wii wii wii, all the way home?
I hear good things about excite truck, but haven't played it yet myself.
I am a revolutionary.

I hear good things about excite truck, but haven't played it yet myself.

Well, w t f are you doing? Get it teh now!11!~\

Seriously though get it now. =D

Offline Ulala

On it.
I am a revolutionary.

Quick! To nexgenwars.com! Wii is almost at 4 million. It'll be the Wii geeks new years ball drop thing.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Quick! To nexgenwars.com! Wii is almost at 4 million. It'll be the Wii geeks new years ball drop thing.

It's not a very reliable site, though, given that it appears the 360 estimate is the 'shipped' (sold to retailers, not to end customers) count.

It's not a very reliable site, though, given that it appears the 360 estimate is the 'shipped' (sold to retailers, not to end customers) count.

I know it's not very reliable, but it's still cool to see it go to 4 million.

Boredom ftl.

Offline Ulala

This Christmas when my Grandma, after playing a few rounds of golf and bowling, declared she wanted a Wii for herself, my everlong faith in Nintendo was justified. Glad to see their sales still strong.
I am a revolutionary.

Wow, The big N has increased profits of about 70 % can't post the link because Wii can't copy+paste, but it's on ign.com Awsome.

Aldo, did you register me?  Don't think you did... Just checking if you will.

*screws with news channel*

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Does anyone know where I can GET one of the bloody things (preferably online)? They're sold out everywhere! We held off on the purchase of a PS3 (at my advice) to get one of these :D

Offline miskat

Hey all!  XD

Was in BestBuy yesterday for a PS/2 to USB adapter and was SHOCKED to find out that they JUST got a shipment of Wii's in!  What luck!  So... I snatched one up along with Twilight Princess (whough I find myself playing with Wii Sports and Mii's more.  lol)

My WiiCode is: 8592 2511 0293 2611

Register me!  I want lots of little Mii's for my parade... and I'm so looking forward to online multiplayer...  God Smash Bros and Mario Cart are going to kick arse on this thing!

-Miskat

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Wow, The big N has increased profits of about 70 % can't post the link because Wii can't copy+paste, but it's on ign.com Awsome.

Yeah, I did :)

Offline Ulala

My WiiCode is: 8592 2511 0293 2611

I'll add you in a few hours after class. :)

[edit] Done! [/edit]
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 07:48:04 pm by Ulala »
I am a revolutionary.

Yeah, I did :)

Yeah, was just checking, last time I checked you didn't, but I sent you a message, so you did.

Must look for more Dream Theater stuff.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I'm finding Zelda quite terrifyingly addictive, now; I had gave it up for a while after I got back from my holidays (for not particular reason), but I'm having oodles of fun in the Goron mines with the boots - plus the graphics are pretty sweet (yeah, it's 'only' an altered gamecube game, but the attention to detail overcomes the technical limitations and some of the haze effects for the lava or magneto-beams are gorgeous).

I'm finding Zelda quite terrifyingly addictive, now; I had gave it up for a while after I got back from my holidays (for not particular reason), but I'm having oodles of fun in the Goron mines with the boots - plus the graphics are pretty sweet (yeah, it's 'only' an altered gamecube game, but the attention to detail overcomes the technical limitations and some of the haze effects for the lava or magneto-beams are gorgeous).

Yeah... I had to stop in the middle of Arbiters Grounds because I didn't feel right not having all the poe's, and because of my complete inability to do anything but that, I erased the file, and I'm going by the stupid guide now, 'Tis quite boring, I think I'll just go screw around again and get the poes after..

Bleh, I feel stupid, and my ankle hurts. Woe is me!

Once my friend returns my Wii controlers, which should be soon, or else I'm going to kill him, I'll go by my own rules, yay?

Offline Ulala

Meh, I just beat the game straight up. I got 20 poes, but didn't bother going for the 60. Nor all the golden bugs. I'll do the little stuff my 2nd time through. I'm the type that kinda goes on a binge (sp?) just to complete the game, because then I have the satisfaction of having won and learning the story. Someday I'll go through again a couple more times for the little goodies.  :)
I am a revolutionary.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Bloody hell, that bit where you ride the twilight eagle thingy in Zelda looks amazing; whoever did the art design for the game deserves an oscar-of-games, they've got the whole epic-LOTR feel thing worked out very well.  Plus, does anything beat hanging upside down and killing moblins with arrows for sheer coolness?

Bloody hell, that bit where you ride the twilight eagle thingy in Zelda looks amazing; whoever did the art design for the game deserves an oscar-of-games, they've got the whole epic-LOTR feel thing worked out very well.  Plus, does anything beat hanging upside down and killing moblins with arrows for sheer coolness?

Oh! Oh! Yes, Getting Pissed off at the Water Temple Boss because I can't figure out his technique, then realizing I've been swiming wrong, then beating him within 3 minutes. Though shooting upside down is rather awsome. That was awsome? Heck yes it was.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 02:47:24 pm by Starkweather »

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Not sure where to put this, so here will do; http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/02/interview_epics.html

Interview with Epics' Mark Rein
MR: Hey, we're in that space! Red Steel, Splinter Cell -- those use our previous engine technology. There's a Brothers in Arms game as well. there will be quite a few games on the Wii that we get a little involvement from us. But it's not in our plans to bring Unreal Engine 3 to the Wii. It's really designed for next-gen, high-definition. One of our licensees has been porting it, and they might be successful at that, and that would be great if they do it. It's doable, but not something that we're going to focus on.

Which is very curious; I thought it was generally considered a given that Unreal 3 was limited to the very top-end (PS3, 360, top-spec PC), but if it runs on the Wii in some form approximating those (accounting for the reduced max resolution).... it'd be very interesting.  Doubly interesting wondering who might be doing it (porting)?

Not sure where to put this, so here will do; http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/02/interview_epics.html

Interview with Epics' Mark Rein
MR: Hey, we're in that space! Red Steel, Splinter Cell -- those use our previous engine technology. There's a Brothers in Arms game as well. there will be quite a few games on the Wii that we get a little involvement from us. But it's not in our plans to bring Unreal Engine 3 to the Wii. It's really designed for next-gen, high-definition. One of our licensees has been porting it, and they might be successful at that, and that would be great if they do it. It's doable, but not something that we're going to focus on.

Which is very curious; I thought it was generally considered a given that Unreal 3 was limited to the very top-end (PS3, 360, top-spec PC), but if it runs on the Wii in some form approximating those (accounting for the reduced max resolution).... it'd be very interesting.  Doubly interesting wondering who might be doing it (porting)?

*Dons Friar Clothes*

"LORD! Let us all hope and pray by Jesus's name that Electronic Arts does not perform the porting of a next generation graphics engine to our beloved little white console named the Wii. Amen"

God I hope EA doesn't, if EA ever buys out Nintendo (Which they probably won't) I will commit suicide.

I really don't think they will, I've never known EA to do that, so yeah...