Author Topic: Mod Pages Expansion  (Read 2641 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Perhaps it's a little beyond the scope, but I was curious about possibly expanding the existing Mod pages to be more informative. At least their own ships and campaign page similar to the existing ones for FS1/FS2 dealing with any new ships introduced and their campaign.

And TBP in particular of total conversions could use its own campaign list.

I wanted to sound it out here before I did anything drastic in the wiki and had someone have a heart attack. Opinions?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Perhaps it's a little beyond the scope, but I was curious about possibly expanding the existing Mod pages to be more informative. At least their own ships and campaign page similar to the existing ones for FS1/FS2 dealing with any new ships introduced and their campaign.

And TBP in particular of total conversions could use its own campaign list.

I wanted to sound it out here before I did anything drastic in the wiki and had someone have a heart attack. Opinions?

More info is good.

I'd say go for it.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
I would simply toss all the mod related material to a pages that would began with prober abbreviation... Like everything which is related to the Babylon Project would have 'TBP' before the actual page name... like 'TBP Campaigns' instead of 'Campaign' etc. That is if more than a single page is needed for the mod related information.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Nobody else has a comment to make? I was expecting screams of horror from the usual suspects...

A Feddie Story

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Why would anyone object?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
I dunno. They seem to object to most of my ideas regarding the wiki.

I think the only one that's really gone through without serious objection was the Veteran Comments section.

A Feddie Story

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
An Inferno R1 shiplist would really catch my interest... :lol:...

Or maybe it's just because I still liked R1's idea of an autonomous SOC (which is no longer the case in INF SCP). :sigh:
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Snail

• SC 5
You can ask Woo to add some of the SOC ships into the archives if you want.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I see you have began adding some of the mod pages (Cypher and Hydra). I am going to start introducing an Inferno R1 Shiplist. Any objections (tell me quickly cause I'm already starting :P)?

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
I see you have began adding some of the mod pages (Cypher and Hydra). I am going to start introducing an Inferno R1 Shiplist. Any objections (tell me quickly cause I'm already starting :P)?

Nope. :p

A Feddie Story