Author Topic: Interplay to create Fallout MMO.  (Read 6573 times)

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Re: Interplay to create Fallout MMO.
Since they have a reputation of NOT paying their employees... WHO's going to work from them?

[Epiphany]

Ah, Nevermind, Change name to Phantom and OUTSOURCE lots of people out of college who are clueless...

(Make hand motions like Mr Burns...) Excellent!  :yes:
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I hope it flops and Interplay dies like an earthworm on a hot sidewalk.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Dagolith

• Whatever
well, they already had a MMO for fallout, "tactics" it had an online capablity, but since interplay bit the big one, there were no servers to host it. but it's not the first attempt at a fallout MMO, mabey it'll work this time.
umm... So i was looking for some of those fun times on the internet that my friends are always talking about... lying ****ers.

Offline brozozo

• Used to be d3r3k.
    • MySpace
Do you know what MMO stands for?

Offline Dagolith

• Whatever
Do you know what MMO stands for?
Massively mulitplayer online? they had one, but it doesn't connect to anything
umm... So i was looking for some of those fun times on the internet that my friends are always talking about... lying ****ers.

Offline brozozo

• Used to be d3r3k.
    • MySpace
I'm not sure what you're talking about, but Fallout Tactics isn't an MMO game. It has multiplayer capabilities, but it certainly isn't massive.

Offline Dagolith

• Whatever
I'm not sure what you're talking about, but Fallout Tactics isn't an MMO game. It has multiplayer capabilities, but it certainly isn't massive.
wait, do you mean something like daiblo? in the sence that you can play online with more than just team battles? you can play through the storyline with other players? perhaps?

Offline brozozo

• Used to be d3r3k.
    • MySpace
No. Massive. They put that word in the acronym for a reason. You know, Everquest, World of Warcraft. Games like that.

Offline Dagolith

• Whatever
well now that, that's been cleared up, it does seem like a cool idea.

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Massively implies more than 8 players, and while it's been awhile since I've played Fallout Tactics, I think that was how many you could have in a multiplayer game... but it has been quite some time, so I could be mistaken.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Dagolith

• Whatever
Massively implies more than 8 players, and while it's been awhile since I've played Fallout Tactics, I think that was how many you could have in a multiplayer game... but it has been quite some time, so I could be mistaken.
naw, when you created players for a multiplayer game in Tactics you use points, the better your starting player was, the more points he had, but in the game itself, you had a maximum amount of points each team had to stay within, so you could have a bunch of realy crapy players, or just a few good ones.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
naw, when you created players for a multiplayer game in Tactics you use points, the better your starting player was, the more points he had, but in the game itself, you had a maximum amount of points each team had to stay within, so you could have a bunch of realy crapy players, or just a few good ones.

A massively multiplayer game is, by admittedly inprecise definition, one where you can have hundreds or even thousands of players on a single server, not even necessarily having to interact (co-operatively or competitively) with each other.  For example, a fully populated countryside in an MMORPG like World of Warcraft, where one group is doing mission xx, another mission yy, one fighting group zzz, another running around naked, another dancing, etc.  It's also a more open ended world; for example, I'd imagine Fallout Tactics places you in a single mission with friends (or enemies) playing beside; that's more akin to an "instance" in an MMO game (or a dungeon).

Offline Dagolith

• Whatever
A massively multiplayer game is, by admittedly inprecise definition, one where you can have hundreds or even thousands of players on a single server, not even necessarily having to interact (co-operatively or competitively) with each other.  For example, a fully populated countryside in an MMORPG like World of Warcraft, where one group is doing mission xx, another mission yy, one fighting group zzz, another running around naked, another dancing, etc.  It's also a more open ended world; for example, I'd imagine Fallout Tactics places you in a single mission with friends (or enemies) playing beside; that's more akin to an "instance" in an MMO game (or a dungeon).

No, i was just saying that there was no limit to players, but a limit to points.

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
I think there is some confusion to players, as in the person(s) sitting at the computer, and the characters/soldiers/squad/whatever they create. I believe Fallout Tactics multiplayer allows for a total max of 8 players per game (as in, fleshly breathing people sitting at their computer), and each player is allowed a squad of 1-6 (whether it be all points spent on one soldier, or a few points spent on 6 different soldiers each). If we maximized both, that would be 8 players with 6 person squads each (here assuming that points aren't an issue, of course), thus totalling 48 in game characters/soldiers/whatever. 48 is a far cry from hundreds to thousands.

Gosh, you're making me want to reinstall it just to make sure I know what the heck I'm talking about!  :p
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Dagolith

• Whatever
I think there is some confusion to players, as in the person(s) sitting at the computer, and the characters/soldiers/squad/whatever they create. I believe Fallout Tactics multiplayer allows for a total max of 8 players per game (as in, fleshly breathing people sitting at their computer), and each player is allowed a squad of 1-6 (whether it be all points spent on one soldier, or a few points spent on 6 different soldiers each). If we maximized both, that would be 8 players with 6 person squads each (here assuming that points aren't an issue, of course), thus totalling 48 in game characters/soldiers/whatever. 48 is a far cry from hundreds to thousands.

Gosh, you're making me want to reinstall it just to make sure I know what the heck I'm talking about!  :p
ok now i know what you ment, and don't, it's not worth it, although reinstalling Fallout 2 so i can play some of the weapon and quest mods for it sounds like a good idea.

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
I dont see why every franchise have to have a MMO these days you have Star Trek Online coming And Stargate worlds coming now a Fallout MMO, suck does this mean i have to play 3 online games at the same time since I like Stargate, Star Trek And Fallout.....

*Wishing Fallout 3 turns out alot better then Star Trek Legacy

/Dice
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))