Author Topic: Colored links, anyone?  (Read 3101 times)

Offline Selectah

• Unsuspended
Colored links, anyone?
Yo,

Why, oh why, aren't in-article links colored (or "coloured" if you're non-US) in the FreeSpace Wiki? I'm not thinking about blaring, screaming colors, but only a slight shading of any possible links. It feels ridiculous -- and may I add pointless -- to skim the articles w/ the mouse pointer to see if a link is there or not. If nothing else, it makes correcting/adding to an article a pain in the ass. "Dude it's like easier to like read if it's just like one color dude or something". Yeah, but these are not cute little novels and fanciful short stories we're talking about. They are encyclopedia entries. It's a Wiki, and it should read like a Wiki. Thoughts?

Cordially,
~Selectah
Selectah Fan Club Member

disregard this post

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Re: Colored links, anyone?
I agree, but it's not that big of a deal. If someone knows how to do it and has the time, go ahead, but if you've got better things to do, do them.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I believe this is yet another thing that will be "fixed in SMF 1.1 final".

Offline Selectah

• Unsuspended
I believe this is yet another thing that will be "fixed in SMF 1.1 final".
Eh.. y're not referring to "Wiki 1.1", perchance?  After all, it's just an entry in a CSS template.

Cordially,
~Selectah
Selectah Fan Club Member

disregard this post

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Namely this one.. Main text color (#f9f9f9) is too close to the link color (#f0ffff)
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

well pressing TAB reavels (bad spelling) any links on the page. it also works in flash movies
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Dylnuge

No one wants to press tab. Personally, I think the style is too hard to read. Unfortunatly, because the text was all placed inside black boxes, its impossible to read in MonoBook.

So: Yes change the link color, and preferably make the site more friendly for Mono-Book users.

whats monobook?
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.