Author Topic: Freespace Port 3.0.4 Released!  (Read 49018 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: Freespace Port 3.0.4 Released!
Maybe.  Upload the file somewhere and I'll think about it.

Offline ShivanSpS

here you go :P

[attachment deleted by admin]

how can i install this fsport 3_0_4.vp file ? since its .vp i cant open it with anythign else and no instructions are provided on how to install and run this mod and get fs1 working again? There are tons of data and words on the website and reliable, exact info to how to install tehse mods and run fs1 seems lost in it.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
how can i install this fsport 3_0_4.vp file ? since its .vp i cant open it with anythign else and no instructions are provided on how to install and run this mod and get fs1 working again? There are tons of data and words on the website and reliable, exact info to how to install tehse mods and run fs1 seems lost in it.

Do you have FSO?
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

i only have fs 5.5a launcher which i played fs2 well which came in a 3.6.9 rar file. I also have fs1 fsport3.0.4 vp file which i have no idea on how to use it. I cant find any "working" link in this website for a fsopen installer . exe the main webpage link does not work and i must say that almost all of the links on the forums dont work as well

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
i only have fs 5.5a launcher which i played fs2 well which came in a 3.6.9 rar file. I also have fs1 fsport3.0.4 vp file which i have no idea on how to use it. I cant find any "working" link in this website for a fsopen installer . exe the main webpage link does not work and i must say that almost all of the links on the forums dont work as well

Installer is down until April 1st-ish. Bandwidth troubles.

Anyways, can you post a pic of your FreeSpace2 folder?
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Weathers, I posted a screenshot at the top of this page (page 2) that shows exactly where the vp file goes, check it out. You don't extract it or anything, just drop it in the proper folder.

so i'll put fsport 3.0.4 under fs2 folder ? what else do i need to put there to run fs1 and how? using open launcher 5.5a ?

Heres is my fs2 folder, i didnt add any additional files to data or any other subfolder of fs2

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
1) Create a folder called 'fsport304' in your main FS2 directory.

2) Throw all FSport files into it

3) Activate the mod in the 'mod' tab of the SCP launcher

i installed most of teh stuff of fs1 including data into fs2 directory. Now i can see fs1 original campaign in the campaigns room and can play with it. howeevr although in game speeches are heard, the voices of briefings and debreifigns are gone :/ although i put the voice folder into fs2's data/voice folder as well, those voices are gone :( i only couldnt put root.vp and i didnt bother to put players folder. Root vp causes the launcher to give debugger error msges when i tru to run the game. Any advice on how i can hear the full voices of fs1 campaign ?

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft

i only have fsport missions vp and fsport 3.0.4 vp at that folder, ingame voices and mid story line demo voices are heard but no briefing and debriefing voices :( any help pls ?

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
i installed most of teh stuff of fs1 including data into fs2 directory. Now i can see fs1 original campaign in the campaigns room and can play with it. howeevr although in game speeches are heard, the voices of briefings and debreifigns are gone :/ although i put the voice folder into fs2's data/voice folder as well, those voices are gone :( i only couldnt put root.vp and i didnt bother to put players folder. Root vp causes the launcher to give debugger error msges when i tru to run the game. Any advice on how i can hear the full voices of fs1 campaign ?

Everything you tried to put into /FreeSpace2/ or /FreeSpace2/data/*/ should have gone in /FreeSpace2/fsport/ or /FreeSpace2/fsport/data/*/ , respectively.

please don't use folder names other than fsport. If he ever uses the Installer, it'll put a second copy of the Port on his machine.

@weathers : take everything in fsport304 and put it in fsport, then delete fsport304.

ok, uhm i've also put everythign that was in fs1 data folder into the fsport / data folder i just created now. Any otehr advice on how i can hear the briefing voices as well?
thanks

hmm game chrashes that way, i've only added the voice folder and missions folder of fs1 retail into fsport data folder now. still no soudns :( what may be the cause of chrash or what file i should put in it so i can hear the voices, also where i can find them :) ? ı've also tried the homesick campaign, it has no voices as well :P but my loki has no weapons in the first or second mission. am i supposed to defend the transport with just raido commands in that mission :P ?

thanks a lot for your support :)

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
@weathers : take everything in fsport304 and put it in fsport, then delete fsport304.
Couldn't he have just renamed it?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Any otehr advice on how i can hear the briefing voices as well?

You need to copy voc.vp from your FS1 installation into your fsport folder.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
ok, uhm i've also put everythign that was in fs1 data folder into the fsport / data folder i just created now.
No.  put the .vp files into \FreeSpace2\fsport
If you have files that are not in .vp format, then they go into \data\models, \data\tables, etc, etc.

Couldn't he have just renamed it?
That would have been too easy, pilot.  :lol:

game chrashes when i put some of teh files of freespace1 into fsport just like u say. voc.vp didnt make any chrashes but no soudns are coming as well :( root.vp and fresapce.vp are causing the chrash when i put them under fsport folder. I've put the remaining 4 vp files tehre without any probelms, and any otehr non vp related fiels + teh voice fodler etc went under teh data folder of fsport. still no sounds :(
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 08:39:08 am by weathers »