Okay
24 (52.2%)
Failed
0 (0%)
Waste
9 (19.6%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Voting closed: December 25, 2006, 08:24:43 pm

Author Topic: Colossus  (Read 12519 times)

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
'Nothing but pebbles here....'
'Then mine the damn pebbles!'

;)

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
But, yeah colossuses for long range deep space exploration. Aside from being powerful, they're like mobile installations, and the colossus is already tons better than an arcadia based on how many ships it carries. With that many ships it houses on board they could send out fighters on several recon missions simultaneously. Not to mention it's a good bet that the colossus does carry other ships besides fighters.
The idea about huge ships on long range missions into unknown territory isn't so far fetched, i mean there's already a show about it called bsg :lol:
Aside from requiring jump nodes to go to other systems, the colossus could randomly warp to another part of a system it's already in which the bsg does all the time in the same star system or randomly warping to other systems. The only difference is that the colossus wouldn't be warping to other systems without the use of a jump node, after that idea, who says the colossus could be stopped at a blockade to a node? Unless you have a couple of ravana's or saths, that takes a lot of blasting still to destroy the colossus, the colossus could make it through some serious blockades and still be alive if not lightly, to heavily damaged.
Something that seems to me is that gtva really should do some exploration, they've been at their home systems for the past 30 years. Or are they too afraid they will find shivans in every unexplored node?
At least gtva has a way to close nodes after a skirmish with the shivans after exploring an uncharted node.
I wonder if the colossus has cargo bays?, or if cargo bays are part of the massive fighter bays on ships, probably that. In the future of gtva, meson powered bombs, even the big ones, i don't see why those couldn't be refined to be storable on ships for closing node missions.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Galactica is smaller than an Orion, it's 1414 meters long and 555 meters tall Battlestar Wiki

Once again, bigger is not always better, especially given the task of exploration.

Offline Kaine

Those are the shivans pinnacles of technology right there.

... or are they?  :nervous:

Offline Snail

• SC 5
cough GARGANT cough

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

yeah but... their going to use the credits cheat? because i didt think that will be enoght asteroids in the galaxy to build that hahaha.
Do we have any idea how much resources are there in a supernova?  Also mine entire planets  :lol:

You could build the entire GTVA fleet + the whole Sathanas fleet just on Earth alone. It's a BIG planet ya know...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
yes but big ships would be even better on their own :D
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.