Author Topic: The SD Demon, a strange anomaly...  (Read 3101 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: The SD Demon, a strange anomaly...
You mean the Typhoon?

I think he's talking about the Eva. Whatever, I wouldn't compare an FS1 battle with an FS2 battle. The FS2 Demon has 60% more hitpoints than the FS2 Ravana, making itself and it's turrets much stronger. Imo the Ravana is a joke. If it doesn't attack a ship frontal, it's toast.

But if it -DOES- attack a ship head-on, its lethal. Remember what it did to the Actium and the Lysander ?
Oh, yeah, it damaged the Actium to 50% and had the Lysander self-destruct. ::)

(sorry for using the rolleyes smiley in advance....)

And the FS1 Demon had 60% less armor than the FS2 Demon. And it was the Eva.

Offline miskat

So... wait... I distinctly remember doing nothing more to the Lucifer than killing its engines first and then taking out only the reactors... and BOOM, it's exploding out of the hole-in-space.  Needless to say I had come under the impression that if you destroy its reactors, it dies.

It doesn't work like that, does it?  *sighs*

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
For gameplay and storyline purposes, yes, taking out all 5 of the Lucifer's reactors is enough to set off a "chain reaction" that takes down the entire ship.  However, I'm unsure as to whether that behavior is caused by specific FREDding in the mission in question, or if it's something that's hard-coded into the Lucifer's table entry.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Undoubtedly, it's FREDed, as I tried the same thing in a (n00bish) mission after I discovered FRED.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta