Author Topic: Voyage Century Online  (Read 1606 times)

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Voyage Century Online
http://www.voyagecenturyonline.com

I stumbled upon this title a week ago (well ok my friend recommended it for me). And after that week of testing it I think I can still keep my conscience quite clean when recommending it. It's an MMORPG, but people who are not really into that genre listen a while more.

It takes place in the real world in... well I think it's sort of an alternative past or something like that, all seems to be in order though. Anyway it takes place around the 17th century or so and everyone has his/her own boat/ship and you can engage in sea battles, mine minerals, chop wood... be a merchant or just simple explore the world. Sounds quite dull and too normal I suppose but suprisingly it's quite fun. I myself am an explorer by my main profession and I think it's quite enjoyable to sniff around the continents and see what I can find.

The reason why I still hesitate recommending it fully is that even though its not really that well mentioned on the web page I still think it's in Beta stage, because of all the small and minor glitches and bugs that do not really affect the gameplay but can be a bit disturbing or hilarious time to times (like NPC names being different in log book and in reality, or quest reward being different from the promised amount etc.). And also the game does not give that much information usually so one might be a bit lost time to times about what to do... especially at the beginning.

Anyway, take a peek though. You might like it. I'm playing in the server called Magellan.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 08:21:20 am by Gortef »
Habeeb it...

Offline Centrixo

Re: Voyage Century Online
...where my main characters are placed. the game is a sand box game. it was orginally korean, and these people didnt have enough money to hire an english translator, on thier forums they want to fix these problems but they dont have the resources needed.

seems like its a good game, you got some famous faces around, one in venice & one in england for example.

when your lost out there somewhere, there is usually another player around who can help you.
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
How is the combat? Is it your typical Everquest-style thing? Or is it real time or what? :)

Offline Centrixo

you can fight pirates in a sea battle, then you got land battles with animals for handicrafts and discoveries.

player vs player combat seems none existant, although they do have this sporting competition at Seville city, im not sure what its about.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 01:32:52 pm by Centrixo »
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
And yes the battles are realtime, you just move into a battle scene which does show up as a "Battlefield" -icon on the main screen for other players. That's for the sea battles, land battles are for everyone to see.
Habeeb it...