Author Topic: Wing Dead Report  (Read 1130 times)

Offline ShivanSpS

I observed a lot of problems in multi missions where the debriefs saying that Fighters wings where not destroyed, when they actually do, so i decided to take a closer look and i think i found something (correct me if i wrong).

1) If a wave has been destroy and between delay for the next wave, the departure for that Wing goes true, the wing should not come back and reported as killed? because as far i test, the wing is not reported as dead, this is the one of the mayor causes of debrief problems...

2) if a wing if coming off from a base, and that base is destroyed, then the wing will never come back, and should reported as dead when all members of the wings die? because the last time i try something with this, this don't work, the wing does not come back, but still is not reported as dead...

I not have time to fully test this, so i may wrong in something, but if i remember well, in both cases, the wings should be reported as dead. and i think that this was worked in this way in retail.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
AFAIK is-destroyed-delay wouldn't have triggered on either of those two occasions in retail either.

The is-destroyed-delay SEXP works by looking on the event log to see if a ship or wing has been destroyed. In both the cases you mention the wing would not be marked on the event log as destroyed in retail either and so the event wouldn't trigger.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Destroyed-or-departed-delay is what I have been using to determine death of fighter wings in mission objectives.  Seems to work just fine.  Either that or I single handedly killed 60+ wings of ships before destroying the caps launching them.   :D
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras