Author Topic: Warhammer fans  (Read 4996 times)

Just wondering if amongst the freespace community we have warhammer fans here?

Personally, im hyped about the coming of warhammer online. I think it will surpass World of Warcraft. IMO, Blizzard created a monster they are now powerless to stop. 

Also, any lovers of Dark Omen here? I'm always hoping to find people i can play against online in Dark Omen, though i never can.  :(

I love Dark Omen. It truly takes tactics and skill to win.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
I like Warhammer but 40k only, the Dawn of War games specially, those games are just great. ;)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
The only reason I can stand either of them is the Tau, who fight like the armies I'm used to fighting with in such games as Steel Panthers.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Just picked up Dark Crusade yesterday.  Having a blast so far.  Admittedly, I generally suck at these things so I'm playing on easy, but all the same, unleashing that imperial guard supertank is too much fun.

Kind wish I hadn't tried the Imperial Guard first - looks like the other races generally lack a tank from hell.

Just picked up Dark Crusade yesterday.  Having a blast so far.  Admittedly, I generally suck at these things so I'm playing on easy, but all the same, unleashing that imperial guard supertank is too much fun.

Kind wish I hadn't tried the Imperial Guard first - looks like the other races generally lack a tank from hell.

Space marines are pretty well rounded, but when it comes to tanks, imp guard specialize

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I'm interested in taking a peek at the Dawn of War anthology pack, myself.  Not just because it's about the only game series that I can reasonably expect to run on my creaky PC :D

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Who needs tanks from hell when the Necrons get a gigantic, mobile unit-factory equipped with half a dozen turrets and one hell of an anti-sonofa***** cannon. Makes the Baneblade look like a freaking micromachine.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 03:54:25 am by Mefustae »

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
40K - Grey Wolves. Termies. Cyclones.

Fantasy - RuneLord, Slayers, Ironbreakers ;)

Who needs tanks from hell when the Necrons get a gigantic, mobile unit-factory equipped with half a dozen turrets and one hell of an anti-sonofa***** cannon. Makes the Baneblade look like a freaking micromachine.

Yeah, but it's so slow.  Patience ain't one of my virtures.
At any rate, switched over to the tau now.  So far, "Build fire warriors, shoot everything" seems to be working well.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.

Have you just missed the Land Raider or what? :p The Tau Hammerhead Gunship isn't too bad either.

Besides, the real fun in the Imperial Guard lies in your artillery and Earthshaker rounds. They're remarkably effective at removing any kind of nuisance, up to and including a Necron Monolith. It doesn't even take much practice to hit one on the move. :p

A Feddie Story

Offline Dagolith

• Whatever
come on who doesn't love the greater knarloc? that thing wins me my games! just let it sit there takeing all of the damage, and then hit your enemy with constant missile vollies! :P
umm... So i was looking for some of those fun times on the internet that my friends are always talking about... lying ****ers.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
I loved Dark Omen but have never been able to get it to work for XP, i love the Warhammer/warhammer 40,000 lore/background info, it was hearing the Horus Heresy that got me into it and then to be seduced into playing Chaos (iron Warriors) in tabletop and then in DOW/WA/DC, where else will you here some one screaming out " i'll render them limb from limb "
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Have you just missed the Land Raider or what? :p The Tau Hammerhead Gunship isn't too bad either.

Besides, the real fun in the Imperial Guard lies in your artillery and Earthshaker rounds. They're remarkably effective at removing any kind of nuisance, up to and including a Necron Monolith. It doesn't even take much practice to hit one on the move. :p

Actually, I did.  Only got the game yesterday, and the Dark Crusade manual only covers Tau and Necron forces.  Who's got the Land Raider?

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Space Marines get the Land Raider, which is one bad tank, even more so when is use's the machine spirit, you need the original DOW to get there manual discriptions but you are able to play all 7 races in DC skirmish an campaign
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
I'm a little annoyed at Dark Crusade because they put caps on stuff like Terminators and Land Raiders.

I miss my four Land Raiders and four squads of Termies. You could build lots of Kasrkin and Leman Russ in Winter Assault as well. I think I had twelve Kasrkin squads and six Leman Russ going at one point in the final mission of Winter Assault.

EDIT: I wonder if the guy who made the Rogue Trader-type mod for DoW did the same thing for Dark Crusade? He vastly bumped the army size to make it match closer with earlier editions of 40k.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 04:47:20 pm by ngtm1r »

A Feddie Story

Allright.  Explains why I missed it - I mostly skipped the marines while testing the ground, figured they'd be awful close to the Impies.

Does the Necron Monolith reappear in a defense mission if you've built it previously like the rest of the buildings?  If so, having instant super units could make necron defense awfully powerful.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Allright.  Explains why I missed it - I mostly skipped the marines while testing the ground, figured they'd be awful close to the Impies.

Does the Necron Monolith reappear in a defense mission if you've built it previously like the rest of the buildings?  If so, having instant super units could make necron defense awfully powerful.

I've not played as them, so I'm not totally sure. From fighting them I can state with reasonable certainity that the Necrons don't actually start with the Monolith fully active and if you make a very rapid blitz it will not get operational. Give them two or three minutes though and you'll have to deal with the Monolith. Presumably some kind of thing has to be done at the Monolith itself to upgrade it to fully active, so they'd have to run through that upgrade(s) before getting it mobile and shooting if they work anything like the other races.

A Feddie Story

Well once Warhammer Online comes out, im going to make a big black orc and start my own WAAAAAAAAAAGGGH!!!!!!!!

Any of you gretchin luvers? wanna join up ? We'll kill all da humies !

-OR-

Maybe i'll create a warrior priest....or a pistolier. Heheh, that'd be fun. Instead of 'drive-bys' i'll do 'ride-bys'. Ride past a bunch of orcs, unload a pack of bullets into em, and gallop away laughing.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just beat DC with the Tau.

Is ANYBODY in the WH40k universe not insane, genocidal, or gleefully evil?

Heh, this is kinda cool that the thread was necroed on the day that THQ announces a WH40k MMO.
tianjun1298 > Your this only the fine insect which escapes from the condom